Why are you people still wasting your time bitching about Fallout?

AeonG

First time out of the vault
(I swear this thread has a point, please read to the end before leaving an angry comment)
I came back here to get ideas for a tabletop campaign I'm building up, because people have posted that sort of stuff in the future fallout campaign... yet the future fallout forum, along with Fallout PNP aren't very active. Instead it seems you guys are completely stuck in the past. I'd make an old world blues joke, but we all know how cringy it would be.

No matter how much you bitch and moan, the official franchise is still as dead as Prewar America, and no amount of complaints will get Bethesda to hand the franchise to Obsidian. Bethesda will likely never change as a company, and the Fallout you know and love will never come back in the form of an official video game.

I realize this whole post I'm making will probably be emotionally provoking to whatever extent, but it infuriates me that despite you all having so much passion for the Fallout franchise, you all would seemingly rather huddle up and complain about it YEARS after Fallout 4 made it apparent there was no turning back. Maybe some of you can keep playing 1, 2, and NV for the rest of your life, but wouldn't be great if there was something much more fulfilling then that? I'm talking about playing your own Fallout Tabletop Campaigns. If you people haven't experienced the greatness that is tabletop rpgs, the things Fallout itself took great inspiration from, well let me tell you why you should:

1. Tabletop Campaigns aren't anywhere as hard to make as actual games. Most of you are already familiar with Fallout 1's mechanics, so you can skim through the rulebooks if you decide to run a game.
2. Tabletop Roleplaying offers more choice then the Fallout games ever did. You have literally unlimited dialogue options at your disposal, only limited by your imagination, the consequences of your actions, and as much bullshit that the GM and your other players are willing to put up with from you.
3. Fallout has always been somewhat roleplay friendly, but never enough to satisfy someone who is used to tabletop rpgs.
4. Fallout PNP 4.0 has some weird balance choices, but it's far less bullshit than 3.0, and I believe has the most features out of any system for fallout that has been made. It is actively being worked on, and could use some playtesting.

If you guys know what makes a good Fallout game, why can't you put that to the test? There are quite a few pieces of media, even in Japan that have been inspired by tabletop sessions. I think if you guys tried, you could probably make comics and other media out of the tabletop campaigns you and your friends have made. Once a campaign is over, you can share the art and story assets to make it easier on newcomers who just want a quicker start. Hell, if you really wanted to stick it to bethesda, you could all collaborate on an alternate Fallout universe where the changes Bethesda made didn't happen. I know that for some of you, creating new Fallout adventures wont be the same, but whats better: partially enjoying something you're still passionate about, or bitterly posting on an internet forum for the rest of your life, never happy at all?

So stop fucking complaining all the time and have fun, you silly silly people.

Last edited:
Honestly most of us have get all of our bitching and winging out by the time an entry has been out for a month. The cycle goes
>New game gets released
>More fans become disillusioned with the state of the series
>They come here to reeee
>"Oh hey these dudes are p cool, I actually like this community"

And so we stick around and talk about things we actually like. All talk about fallout has been done to death here. There will be nothing new to say until the next release which most of won't even buy. We're still here for the people tbh.

R.Graves hit the nail in the head.

The thing about people around here bitching is because new people come by and bitch. Because this is one of the last places that new Fallout fans can come if they like their Fallout to be RPG instead of Shooter.

After Fallout 4 hit the stores, we had quite a bit of new members joining, because has they said, if they dared to make even the smallest criticism of Fallout 4 in any other Fallout community, they were ganged up and bashed as a "Bethesda hater" and "nostalgia idiots" (even if they loved Fallout 3 and/or have never played a classic Fallout game).

And that's why it seems like "we" keep the hatred and bashing new games... Like R.Graves said, we already said everything about it ages ago, but the new people haven't so they do it here, since it's a place they can do it without being ostracized and silenced just for their opinion.

About tabletop projects, I tried a couple times around here. But my life is hectic, and I might have entire spare days to work on hobbies and then all of a sudden I get several months where I can barely come by and make a small post.
I'm still making my own P&P RPG system to share with this community (also named "No Mutants Allowed RPG System"), but the last time I could take an hour or so to do anything was 6 months ago or something.

This is why this community doesn't do the tabletop. Most active people around here have quite busy lives. So they don't have time to be part of a project like this that involves commitment and a lot of spare time. It's sad, but Real Life doesn't work like that for many people. :-(

So stop fucking complaining all the time and have fun, you silly silly people.
But I have fun being a silly monkey and flinging poop at Bethesda.

giphy.webp

I was in a hurry so I skipped over another thing I wanted to mention in my previous post.

Instead it seems you guys are completely stuck in the past.

NMA isn't stuck in the past. NMA is (and always was) bringing the past into the present. It's a community that leads to great projects like:
There are a lot of projects that keeps bringing the "past" into the present.

You can check, this great list made by @naossano just to have an idea on how the past is not "dead and burried".

Official Fallout cRPGs might be dead, but thanks to NMA community, many of these projects keep the Fallout cRPG alive and kicking. :wiggle:

To be fair, it's a small number of individuals in this community that have made those projects and which actively contribute to the Fallout spirit of yore.
Majority of the people just don't care anymore about Fallout or Bethesda to any larger extent, and just stick around because we're friends here for the most part. Just like most old forums tend to be.

Majority of the people doing the bitching are new folks who come here to vent. Some go away, some remain.

To be fair, it's a small number of individuals in this community that have made those projects and which actively contribute to the Fallout spirit of yore.
Majority of the people just don't care anymore about Fallout or Bethesda to any larger extent, and just stick around because we're friends here for the most part. Just like most old forums tend to be.

Majority of the people doing the bitching are new folks who come here to vent. Some go away, some remain.
Although, without NMA, I wonder how many of those tons of projects would have been made or even started.

That's what I mean, NMA still brings the past cRPG Fallout feel into the present, has been doing it since the early 2000's and is still doing it now. :wiggle:

I partially agree. I wish actual new Fallout games that Risewild named were more popular here instead of Fallout 76 and all that garbage

On the other hand, Fallout 3 was so bad it still echoes after over a decade

The implication that anyone here actually believes that the franchise will ever go back to anything resembling like it was in its glory days. I sure don't and i know many that don't as well.

We just like to mock Bethesda for their incompetence and the whole Fallout 76 fiasco has been a nice source of entertainment.

And really, the only time i'm arguing about the Bethesda Fallouts is when people come here to tell us that "we are wrong" or "we hate different" or "we are stuck in the past", while delivering terrible arguments. I sure as fuck ain't standing for bullshit. Rest of the time i don't care to argue about them because it has been argued to death and there's nothing left to say.

Honestly, I've tried to start my own PnP RPG many times, but I don't have the patience or the skill to finish it through. Maybe one day I will, but it's not an easy job.

Anyway, I've pretty much given up on Fallout at this point. I still love the franchise to death and will still play 1,2 New Vegas and even 3, and if I find anything I want to share, I will.
Hell, I'll even go as far as to say Fallout 4 had some fun mechanics which make me go back to it every once in a while.

The games will always be there, and while bitching about it was fun, none of us really care anymore. There are new and better games we'd rather talk about and besides, Outer Worlds and Cyberpunk will most likely drown out any talk of Fallout for the time being.
In fact, talk of F3 and 4 hasn't really come up in months.
And 76 was and continues to be a hilarious diaster that we can't not talk about it.
Simply put, this forum is more of an observation when it comes to Bethesda now. We just want to see what they'll fuck up next.

I will agree that it is a shame that the more creative side of the community is kind of dead. We still get good mods and the occasional thing from forumers here or there, but the fanfic and fan art side of things are none existent on this forum.

That being said, I wouldn't say we are stuck in the past. To do so would mean we object any present or future releases. We just have a common interest and that happened to be something which is now... Dead to say the least.

I still like it here, if only because it's a good place to talk games etc.

There's a mix of stuff going on here at all times. Sure, there is always the latest rehash of 'I hate [insert title here]', and yeah people don't have half as much to say when people bring up lore questions a lot of the time, but anything short of PnP doesn't equal whinging whilst stuck in the past.

I've just come to a point to let it be. I don't like what Bethesda did to the series, but I don't mind if others enjoy it.

I actually understand them enjoying it. Better to enjoy it and not know the pain of being unable to enjoy anything.

I mean yeah fallout is dead but judging by the last two resident evil games a spiritually dead franchise can come back.

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/details.html

Get started then.

*pulls your pants down*

Sorry.

How To Reach Steve Jackson Games
Phone Number:
Fax Number: 512-447-7866
512-447-1144
General Email Address: info@sjgames.com
Postal Mailing Address:* PO Box 18957
Austin TX 78760
Shipping Address:*
(UPS/FedEx/DHL) 3735 Promontory Point Drive
Austin, TX 78744
Product Ordering: Warehouse 23
* Please do NOT send U.S. mail to the shipping address, because it may never get here.

There's the phone number. Perhaps when you're done ripping them off you can ask them if you can sell if for them and get a split of the profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also pretty much accepted that the Fallout franchise as I know it is gone.

It is mostly because I have several contacts here and this place is sort of part of my routine that I still come here.
I would like to think that this place may still be around when Fallout is truly dead, just to spite Bethesda and her fans.

Kind of the same with Star Trek. The Trek I knew and care about is long gone but I would like to remember the spirit of what it once was.

Back