Wild Wasteland (expect spoilers)

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Gameplay & Tech' started by Little Robot, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Little Robot

Little Robot sup Orderite

Sep 29, 2010
    I've been playing with Wild Wasteland on, and the only encounter I've had so far is the Indiana Jones fridge. Maybe I haven't been wandering or taking my time enough-- but what Wild Wasteland things has everyone encountered?

2. Rick Arnold

Rick Arnold First time out of the vault

Oct 29, 2008
    Since you've already marked it for spoilers, I'll just say it.

When you arrive in Nipton for the first time, head towards the town hall and turn right when you hit it and you'll eventually come across a pair of skeletons named Owen & Beru.

3. Deon

Deon It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 24, 2009
    Ah, so that's Indiana's hat. I was wondering :P.

I suppose an icon of a shocked vault boy with swirls in his eyes means that you've found something from Wild Wasteland... If so, there's a dead guy on a cliff above the Goodsprings (you get there by a "miniquest" from a guy who lives in a broken van). I wonder where is it from (that guy has a few bowling balls with him).

4. captain89

captain89 First time out of the vault

Aug 9, 2010
    @Deon: That's Johnny Five Aces from Something Awful. Good times... Laughed my ass off when I saw the 4 red balls.

Now, where is the Indy fridge?

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Sad to say, I've encountered those things and the references went completely past me. Sigh.

6. Texas Renegade

Texas Renegade Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 21, 2008
    you also get the wierd simpsons alien music whenever you encounter them.

captain--the indy fridge is kinda north west of johnny 5 aces. not far away at all.

7. captain89

captain89 First time out of the vault

Aug 9, 2010
    New one: When you get to Nipton turn right on the road in front of the town hall. Had to Google this one.

8. Deon

Aug 24, 2009
    I've encountered a centaur named Moe, south of Black Mountain. Does anybody know what is he about?

P.S. I've googled around and found Eric Moe, who has an album named "On the Tip of My Tongue", centaur records CRC2290. Could it be that?

9. Mapex

Mapex It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 31, 2008
    You didn't get the Star Wars reference? Come on, I was dying from laughter for five minutes because of Owen and Beru.

10. Ausdoerrt

Oct 28, 2008
    ^ I may be americanized, but I'm not american enough. I never really saw the appeal of the Star Wars, and I certainly ain't closely familiar w/ it.

11. Deon

Aug 24, 2009
    Eh, Star Wars? Thanks for mentioning it, I didn't know who the weird skeletons were :).

12. Syanlon

Syanlon First time out of the vault

Oct 19, 2010
    Its Lukes aunt and uncle who are killed at the start of A New Hope.

13. Ausdoerrt

Oct 28, 2008
    Ahahaha, just got the Pimp Boy, pretty funny. Looks great too, I'd even say, uh... pimp.

14. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Can you switch between pimp boy and pipboy?

15. OakTable

OakTable Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2009
    Just ask the guy you got it from for your old one back.

16. Anarchosyn

Anarchosyn Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 26, 2008
    So, is this a waste of a trait? Does it net you actual encounters or just obscure references which will probably fly past my head?

Anything like the Cafe of Broken Dreams?