XBOX: True Crime: Streets of la vs GTA3

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Gruug, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Gruug

Gruug Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 7, 2003
    So, which is better?

2. Gruug

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, seeing as I have not really played GTA3, I would say True Crime. You have quite a bit of freedom, as you can go along with the storyline, or you can just f around. Personally, I like the skill system, how you upgrade by the fact you have to earn it with practise and badges.
    Another thing I like is frisking people. Some people have funny reactions.
    Nick Kang's one liners can be funny, and from what I've seen in GTA3 the guy doesn't talk as much, so *Shrug*. But then, True Crime is shorter than GTA3, as you can beat it in about half a day, where as I've heard it takes longer to beat GTA3.
    Well, give us/me your input here folks.

3. Dove

Dove Half-way Through My Half-life
    Orderite

Dec 2, 2003
    I absolutely love the GTA series. Never played True Crime, but looks fun.

Get the X-Box or PC version of GTA, you can make your own soundtracks. Which is the coolest peripheral option ever.

P.S. Love the idea of a new forum Kharn.

4. Gruug

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, my brothers have just recently bought a ps2 and GTA3, but I can't seem to get one second to play it without my dad shouting at me to get my stuff or hurry up and get in the car! :badmood:

5. Montez

Montez So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Jun 20, 2003
    My friends who have played both say that while True Crime is pretty fun, GTA: Vice City owns it. I haven't got a chance to play TC myself, but I've been playing GTA3 and VC near non-stop for a long time now and not many games have ever got me that hooked - TC would have to be pretty incredible to be better than them.

6. Gruug

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, I don't think TC is better than GTA3 or Vice City. In what I've seen, TC is way shorter, and does not have as much things to do. Still, TC is a great play the first time round, and will take you a while to get everything. But then it starts to get a bit boring. One of those "Beat it then let it conjure dust, but pick it up and play it one in a while" types of games.