Amata

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by Michael of the Wastes, Aug 4, 2010.

1. chankljp

chankljp First time out of the vault

Same here. When I first met Amata I thought that she will be one of the major characters in game. Perhaps even a source of getting your hands on vault equipment. But I was disappointed that she did so little at the end. I wanted more storyline or side quest (perhaps even main quest) about her.

Then again, although Fallout 3 was a fun game to play at first, it needs a lot more storyline to make it really worthy of the Fallout title.

2. A3-Dieciocho

A3-Dieciocho First time out of the vault

Lets put it this way, I killed Amata as soon as she gave me the 10mm pistol. Purely because she's a annoying bitch.

3. UnadoptedTrack

UnadoptedTrack First time out of the vault

No. I love FO3, but I wish that there could've been some kind of continued storyline with Amata.

4. Threepwood

Threepwood Look, Ma! Two Heads!

"Hey your dads escaped, you need to get out of here, take this pistol"

"No thanks Ammata, I dont want to hurt anyone"

---

"Hand over your weapons so we can talk about this"

"Ok Overseer here you go"

"-Oh dear, you now seem to be attacking me with my weapons, can we tal- agh, well in order to survive I will be forced to fight you DIE YOU TWAT!!"

---

"Your so horrible, go away"

"Amata, I just saved both our lives..."

--------------------------

"Oh your back, thank god, the vaults hit the fan!"

"Ok, don't worry, ok sorted iv'e saved everybodies life, including yours once again"

"Ok get out."

"What.."

"I can't take your niceness, get out of my vault!"

----

This is why the Fatman is in the game.

5. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk Stoop Kid oTO Orderite

how so ? Does using the Fatman change the dialogues from crap to good O.o

6. Black Feather

Black Feather Mildly Dipped

QFT. Bitch kinda reminded me of my ex, lol.

7. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

The power of the stupid portable nuclear catapult knows no bounds... :wink:

8. Threepwood

Threepwood Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Sadly no, but forcing Amatas dismembered limbs into the toilet, and tebagging her, is kind of pleasing in a sadistic way.

9. Demon971

Demon971 First time out of the vault

Uhm, that's pretty much the exact same story as the first original Fallout. Are you saying the original Fallout also needed a much better storyline and much better writing as well?

Just wanted to point that out, if the fact can get past your wall of ignorance.

10. TheRatKing

TheRatKing Vault Dweller

You realize he explained himself a few posts down?

11. TheRaiderKiller

TheRaiderKiller First time out of the vault

- Damn, understand what you are saying is very difficult. I apologize again for the crap that I will write. Correct me if I'm wrong. -

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

When Jonas gives you the gun, the first thing I thought was "I wonder if Amata is still up there .. "

:twisted:

12. Walpknut

Walpknut Koichi Really Steals? No Dignity

Amata is esential i nthe first mission, yo ucan't kill her, she will just fall unconcious.

13. Tarantulakelurk

Tarantulakelurk First time out of the vault

AMEN, MAN!
    I mean seriously, no matter what you do you can't please her,
    She kicks you out of the Vault, TWICE. (I got the last laugh though, I sabotaged the Vault at the last second) EVEN after you work your butt off to do something SHE was supposed to do, AKA Actually working to put yourself at the top of the social pyramid, and no matter HOW you do it, she always goes "thanks, but you didn't have to do it that way"
    pfft, but like I care about her anyway? I'm glad I'm not there any more and I could leave to continue with my ballin' wasteland lifestyle.

14. naossano

naossano Vault Senior Citizen

Sure...

15. RetroAmerica

RetroAmerica It Wandered In From the Wastes

She was pretty much a pointless character who could have been used as a good story ark to take on the despotic ways of her father and become a nemesis to the player in later sections of the game, however instead she's basically just a pointless place filling character who doesn't really add anything to the plot.

16. 5545Trey

5545Trey Underground Deviant

Another pathetic excuse of a character, she is as useful as a radiated corpse.

17. TheVaultHunter

TheVaultHunter First time out of the vault

Ya the only reason they kicked you out was so the developers could pull off a reference to the ending of Fallout 1.

18. No Man

No Man Majestatyczny Wór Posoki

Amata is just one position on the long list of pathetic, pointless characters. There is, however an extremely satisfying (and the most rational, given the circumstances) course of action during that quest:
    1. Download FNNCQ a fallout 3 slavery overhaul (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/9497/?).
    2. Flush the water chip, condemning everyone in the Vault to death in the wasteland (if you were making sensible decisions up to this point, Butch has been already beaten to death with a baseball bat after watching his mother get eaten alive by roaches. Asshole shouldn't have tried to take your sweetroll).
    3. On your way out tell Amata you did it. Show pride in your work.
    4. Smack Amata with a Slaver Baton on her way out. Collar her.
    5. Use her as a decoration for the Tenpenny Suite. Again, if you were making sensible decisions up to this point, after you concluded your business in Megaton, you have slaughtered the entire town and then blew it up. It is highly recommended to finish WSG quest before the massacre. Not because of the rewards, but because after that annoying chore and listening to Moira 'Remove My Vocal Cords' Brown for so long, it is unbelievably therapeutic. The only more satisfying moment in the game IMO is killing Garza for having heart problems and listening to Li calling you an inhuman monster.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    BigBoss and Harken like this.
  19. Harken

Harken Always late to the party

Congrats, you just convinced me to go back to FO3.

20. BigBoss

BigBoss Your Local Scrub

It's really stupid how they make Amata seem like a love interest, and then like "Well, say by because you aren't gonna see this bitch again". She (besides "Dad") was one of the first characters that you were introduced to that showed (if any) emotion. Then she's cut out of the story line (and makes a small, brief appearance later) and you're forced to deal with people like Brown. Though, I did like Sheriff Sims though. He didn't have much of a role, but I liked him.

When Burkes killed him when I tried to turn him in, eventually I came across Tenpenny Tower and found that Ghoul. Heh, payback time motherfucker.

Flooding Tenpenny Tower with feral ghouls was one of the most satisfying moments in Fallout 3. Though I thought it was fucking really, really stupid how they got the feral ghouls to "not attack you". "Just put on this fucked up ghoul mask I stitched together out of scraps from a sewer in five minutes, and they'll act like they don't even know!"

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014