Does Fallout 4 have any major redeemable qualities?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Bubblemindblow, May 14, 2018 at 12:07 AM.

1. Bubblemindblow

Bubblemindblow Enclave grunt searching for any filthy mutants

Mar 21, 2018
    I was wondering what good things were brought about by Fallout 4, considering most things about Fallout 4 were shit.

2. ironmask

ironmask First time out of the vault

Mar 10, 2018
    Nothing, only quality was that combat felt smoother but it's not major it's very minor.

3. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    Just play Far Cry 3 onwards.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. Walpknut

Walpknut Testament to the ghoul lifespan

Dec 30, 2010
    If you want a brainless shoot 'em up, Fallout 4 is adequate enough.

5. TorontRayne

TorontRayne This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    The power armor felt more like it should except for the falling apart like the suit off Iron Man 3 shit.

6. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Lanius. The Butcher. Monster of the East.

Dec 6, 2016
    - Paladin Danse arc is very well written.

- Deacon is not bad either. It´s fun because you never know if is telling you the truth.

- I love the graphics, I love the colors.

- The silver shroud quest is very stupid, but in a good way, very fun quest to do, if you always pick the shroud lines.

- if you use cheats to have infinite material and use a mod that prevents attacks on settlements, play building them can be fun. It gets old pretty fast.

I can not talk about the DLC's, I do not have them.

7. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Nothing major I'd say.

Altho I can list the stuff that is legitimatly enjoyable

Rad roaches crawling on walls is the shit.

Burrowing mole rats are also kino Altho burrowing radscorpions is kind of retarded.

Most of the songs on the radio are enjoyable enough. Although two complaints. It's mostly recycled from 3 and "it's all over but the crying" feels like it's directed right at fans of the classics.

Uhhh.... it's got the third best set of companions in the series.

Yeah the game didn't do a lot right.

8. Unorthodox Outlander

Unorthodox Outlander First time out of the vault

Aug 28, 2017
    'Ol Beth hasn't completely cut off mod-makers from trying to improve their games in favor of paid mods yet. Thus we can still derive a modicum of quality amongst the crap without a paywall.

9. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Half-way Through My Half-life

Sep 17, 2016
    I think the Companions were very well written.

Well, some of them were.

Piper, Cait, Valentine, Danse, and Hancock were.

10. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    How can you say that as a writer? Piper just leaves her 11 year old sister by herself in a town run by a man who hates her. Because there "might be a scoop" if she travels with you.
    Cait is an addict in a game with addictol. When asked about this the she says she's simply "too far gone".

And hancocks back story is beyond retarded. And valentine? Just an old school cliche.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Half-way Through My Half-life

Sep 17, 2016
    Piper being a shitty sister is actually part of her story arc. Also, bluntly, she puts her sister in danger by being around her.

Also, we have RL drugs for addiction but some of them don't work with the damage.

Hancock's backstory is silly but he's a silly character to begin with. Or did the tricorn not clue you in? :)

And yes, Valentine is a cliche but that's part of his charm.

12. Unorthodox Outlander

Unorthodox Outlander First time out of the vault

Aug 28, 2017
    Raul Tejada from New Vegas can wear a fucking sombrero and be more serious.

13. Supreme Shah Ismail

Supreme Shah Ismail Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Sep 17, 2016
    Fallout 4's problem is it doesn't feel like a fallout game much anymore. The parts of it that are "fallout" come from 3 and NV (pipboy, open world design and etc) Bethesda clearly misunderstood what people liked about 3 or NV as mods people used a lot and more graphical fidelity/effects. I'm someone who doesn't dislike 3 at all, I actually quite like it despite its faults within the writing area. Fallout 4 is not a bad game per say, its actually quite enjoyable if you view it from a sorta rpg open world diablo walking sim perspective (aka most open world games). I had fun with it judged on its own merits. But as a fan of the series I felt myself often disappointed by Bethesdas idiotic decisions. My point is that whats "good" about fallout 4 depends on what perspective your viewing it from.

In terms of a fallout game you will find less redeemable qualities

On its own merits you will enjoy more out of it

My own two cents