Fallout: A Post-Nuclear War role-playing game bugs

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by SorgFall, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    These are fixed in 1.2 already.

I'm fairly sure this is fixed in 1.2 if it was a bug before that. My game has a command to remove armour before the operation, and it works.

Should mention that this is an addition in the first place. 1.2 doesn't allow paladins at the Cathedral.

One day for the others as well? Why one day specifically?

What is the minimum pay, then? Or just disallowed completely?

What does this mean?

Should mention that the possibility of beating him did not exist in 1.2.

I think this can be removed. The trait seems to work like it should.

You just said it was fixed?

Talus isn't God and shouldn't get to say when xp is awarded based on his dislike of chem users.

2. Wasteland Ghost

Wasteland Ghost Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 20, 2005
    A new version (3.3) of Fallout NPC Mod is avaliable in our downloads section. Now mod is fully compatible with the Fallout v.1.3.3 patch by TeamX.

Here is the complete list of 1.2 fixes:
    glowgen.int - added message "you get 1000 XP" displayed after generator
    repaired
    inblade.int - script refers to blade.msg (279) instead of inexistent
    inblade.msg (926) now, as a result there are no "Error's"
    when player tries to chat with Blades after Adytum invasion.
    rndmtn.int - there is a wooden box, not a freezing chamber :) near
    Patrick The Celt
    razor.int - one fix related to msg changes (details below).
    It does. I saw them myself. After that I've looked into all related scripts and found a bug which prevented dialogue options and mixed variables which caused a bug with paladins appearing "randomly" at the Cathedral.
    For the others I used original time. There was a money respawn in the scripts, but this was prevented by bad scripting.
    Disallowed free healing. If you have at least 1 bottle cap he will heal you.
    It means, that if the robots are "blind" they will not start combat if you are walking near them.
    See "engine bugs" section of the readme.
    It was not fixed. My little fix wasn't completely included in v1.3.3 patch.
    Forgive me, but you are not God too. Any award (xp, karma, money) depends on NPC actions only. Are you saying, that if you solved some quest, but killed the NPC which gave you this quest you should get the reward? I don't believe so.

3. Nimrod

Nimrod It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 24, 2007
    I think I have to go with Per on this one. Money/equipment/etc awards can be withheld if the NPC doesn't like the character, but experience rewards are something different. They're just experience for things you've done, not how many drugs you were on when you did them. Killing the NPC in question, that's different.

4. Per

Apr 1, 2004
    I'm not sure what you mean. I'm talking about the actual version 1.2 on the CD. If your 1.2 is different then it's kind of awkward to name it 1.2 instead of 1.2b or 1.3 or something.

I'd be interested in how to trigger this.

Well, then, if it wasn't fixed, why is it mentioned among the fixes?

:question:

No, NPCs don't know what xp is. They don't know they're living in a game and have no control over the game if they do (unless you want to break the fourth wall and have Talus explicitly explain that you're not getting any xp because he doesn't like stupid people, even though he apparently appreciates what you've done just as much). If the condition for completing the quest is freeing the initiate and reporting back to Talus, then the player should get the xp. Talus can withhold the material reward, but any metagame factors should be consistent between stupid and non-stupid characters.

5. Nimrod

Sep 24, 2007
    Done and mailed.

6. Wasteland Ghost

Sep 20, 2005
    I'm talking about actual changes between 1.1 and 1.2 versions. Besides, if players are experiencing those bugs, I'd say they are still present and should be fixed.
    Only message about getting xp was added. No changes about skill check was made. If someone someday will fix the engine, there will be no issueswith this.
    If you have solved the quest, you will get your xp and reward. Since Talus don't want to speak with you, you can't solve the quest and can't get your xp for doing this. You wanna change Talus behaviour and this is not for patch. How will it look like? Before reward: "Good dog, here is your xp." After: "Get out chem user!" Looks strange to me. Or I can remove "chem user" thing at all. It will be the wrongest change for patch.
    Thanks.

7. Per

Apr 1, 2004
    I just don't get why these notes should mention fixes that were already part of a previous version.

You don't think if it says "it now says you get xp for winning the chess game" that someone could draw the conclusion that winning the chess game is possible?

He does speak with you. He thanks you just the same as for a non-stupid character. Didn't you check this up the first time we talked about this?

8. Wasteland Ghost

Sep 20, 2005
    You need to talk Elders into helping you to attack MB, but go to Cathedral instead.
    So do I. But you said it was fixed in 1.2 and I know it wasn't fixed in 1.1, so I thought you are referring to 1.2 version specifically.
    May be.
    Yes, I've checked his script and his msg. Only possible official dialogue option with stupid dude leads to "get out chem user".

Readme file on TeamX site and in patch archive have been updated. Thanks, Nimrod.

9. Nimrod

Sep 24, 2007
    Cool, hope people like 'em. :)

10. loxleyliang

loxleyliang First time out of the vault

Jan 28, 2008
    Bug with Loxley dialog in the Thieves' Circle

I think I can post my bug report here? When I entered the underground Thieves' Circle in the Hub, lockpicked the doors and suffered some damaged from the traps, and finally met their boss Loxley, he told me that I finished the first test (lockpick and traps). But when I asked him about the second test (yeah I know he was supposed to give the quest to retrieve the necklace), I clicked the dialog option and the game crashed. A message box popped up saying something like memory can't be read. BTW I use WIN2000.

My installation is like this:
    Humungous Install (copying files from disk)
    Applying the 1.2 patch
    Applying the Unofficial 1.3.3 patch by TeamX
    Applying the NPC Mod by TeamX
    And finally the Children Patch (it doesn't hurt right?)

I searched a bit but could not find anyone having the same problem. Maybe I'm the unlucky one (luck = 1)? It just feels bad that I could not complete part of the game just because of a bug. Can anyone help?

11. Alchemist

Alchemist Nocturnal Mechanic Modder

Dec 26, 2004
    loxleyliang:
    As usual we need to know exact version and date of your game distribution. Check readme from the CD for those. And we need your saved game as well. Preferably at the moment BEFORE the bug occures.

12. Jaesun

Jaesun First time out of the vault

Jul 12, 2005
    Finally gave this Fallout patch a run through for the past couple of days. Good job on this TeamX!

I have not encountered any bugs or crashing at all. (As loxleyliang stated above, I had no problems with Loxey at all. Worked fine for me).

Just a question and wondering if you could fix a still lingering bugs:

What the hell do you need to do to get the XP from Curtis in Shady Sands? :D I assume it is now fixed in that you need to have a high Science skill?

Lingering Bug: In the Glow the "Disarm Traps for the Facility." quest is never crossed out. Can you fix that?

In Vault 13: The "Calm the rebel faction" quest is still bugged in that you can walk straight up to Theresa and solve the quest. (Instead of waiting for Theresa's room at 17:00 to talk to her). Can you fix this one as well?

Anyways thanks for the great work on this!

13. Wasteland Ghost

Sep 20, 2005
    Science >= 40
    Not bug (see posts in this topic).
    I'll look into this.

14. Wasteland Ghost

Sep 20, 2005
    Can't remember what were we talking about. :)

Definitely not bug, according to the script and dialogue. Just one of the possible solutions.

15. Per

Apr 1, 2004
    I think I was wrong about that actually. I read in my guide that you can only tell him to give you his stuff if you have karma above -20, but the reason for this is simply that if it's lower, he'll run from you so you can't talk to him at all. I thought the karma check referred to some dialogue option.

Is the problem that the dialogue assumes there's a crowd around ("Sorry, folks", "Welcome to our meeting")? I don't remember if it changes with time.

16. Wasteland Ghost

Sep 20, 2005
    Oops... I'll check this out. According to the script and msg, Teresa has different dialogues for the different times. May be this part of her script is bugged.

17. Wasteland Ghost

Sep 20, 2005
    Just checked this out. Theresa does have different dialogues for the different times. And at 17:00 citizens from the rooms nearby are starting to gather in Theresa's room. Theresa makes a speech and her dialogue changes to "welcome to our meeting". Meeting continues till 17:10. Can't see any bug here.

18. deathkitty

deathkitty First time out of the vault

Jul 25, 2008

fixed where? this thread is very confusing

I found this with google ( http://www.google.com/search?q="vree+won't+talk" ), but i've been on this website before to get the patches in the downloads section, i have the "Fallout v.1.3.3 patch by TeamX (unofficial)" installed and she does it in this

i just ended up happily liquidising her and the guards and her friends and taking the report from corpse.... she just kept saying Thank you for your apology in that annoying geek bitch voice... its a pity you cant feed corpses to dogmeat or something

i think has to be most hated character

oh and her assistant is fucked in the robotic head too because she says you are being rude to her even if you arent if you talk to her again after asking about history saying its really important to soften her up and getting the disk..

19. Wasteland Ghost

Sep 20, 2005
    Sorry for misleading you, only second part is fixed:
    We'll fix the first part in new patch version.

PS Readme file is less misleading. ;)