No .pro file created when adding scenery

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by skacky, Oct 13, 2018.

1. skacky

skacky First time out of the vault

Oct 13, 2018
    Hello, I'm trying to add new scenery but I can't get it to work properly.
    I have my mad scientist Fallout 2 located in C:/Fallout2, it is a GOG install without mods that I copied from another drive. I created a dev folder with all the subfolders required in it. I also have a data folder with .FRM files for my new scenery as well as an edited scenery.lst containing my new .FRMs in data/art/scenery. My proto folder has a scenery folder that contains the scenery.lst found in the corresponding master.dat folder. My mapper2.cfg points to the correct folders and has Librarian=1.

I can import my new scenery in BIS Mapper and it displays correctly. I edit its name and description then quit the program. The issue now is that while my scenery.lst under proto/scenery was updated, no .pro file was created. If I open BIS Mapper and look for my new scenery object, it is blank and I get "error saving prototypes" when I try to edit it. Its name and description are properly saved in pro_scen.msg, though.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've read that moving the folders around shouldn't be a problem. I'm using Windows 10 though, could this be the issue?