10 best games.

I've posted on here before, but here is my updated list.

10. Red Dead Redemption II
9. Doom Eternal
8. Elden Ring
7. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
6. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
5. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
4. Fallout New Vegas
3. Planescape Torment
2. Disco Elysium
1. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

I also rate all of the games I've played on this website if interested: https://glitchwave.com/user/ResetRPG/

My personal list:

1. Planescape Torment
2. Disco Elysium
3. Fallout 1 and 2
4. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
5. Arcanum
6. Fallout: New Vegas
7. KOTOR 2
8. Deus Ex
9. Grim Fandango
10. Monkey Island

There are still many games I have yet to play so this list may change in the future.

I hope you don't mind that I am grouping some of these based on the decade they were released.

1990s

1. Fallout 1/2
2. Half-Life
3. Quake 1/III Arena
4. Age of Empires 2
5. Civ Alpha Centauri

2000s
1. Deus Ex
2. Crysis 1/Warhead
3. Left 4 Dead
4. Medieval 2 Total War

2010s
1. Fallout: New Vegas.

Honorable mentions: Stronghold Crusader, Starcraft 1/2, Witcher 1, Dragon Age Origins, Runescape 2009-2012, Company of Heroes and of course the best sequel in history of gaming, Assassin Creed 2.

I feel like those titles I put on the list have been talked extensively, enough cult following and modding community that made them still relevant to this day, and basically the best cash for gameplay/enjoyment time should you don't want to bother with dlcs and 60$ price tag.

And I believe those games helped infliuence many games later, both narrative and gameplay design.

Most of the games that I've listed are the ones that I have played before, so I am sorry if you don't find your favorite titles. I only know some good titles based on hearsay, friends and gaming magazine back then.

Last edited:
I would have placed Witcher 1 on the list.
I know that feel, Witcher 1 is also my favorite too when it comes to third person RPG with old school CRPG-quality. Yet not everyone can played it just because of the control being confusing. While Fallout 1/2 can be janky to some people, most people seem to can learn it after awhile and on top of that they are not combat heavy.

Still one of the best Witcher 3 mod (W3EE) applied Witcher 1 concept and mechanic thoroughly, resulting in basically closer old school idea of investment and high risk, high reward choice. As opposite to the vanilla, mmo-like feels of percentage increase.

While Witcher 3 added silly sword animations like excessive piroutte and heavy swing with lots of telegrab spot weakness, Witcher 1 added the concept of different fight styles against crowd, fast and heavy opponent adequated with nice animations. The only thing that can top that is maybe some of the finish animations from Witcher 2, which for some reason never reintroduced to Witcher 3. Although Witcher 3 got the best signs mechanic still.

The only real Alchemy is from the first game. I put it in top shelf of the best Alchemy mechanic to ever exist alongside Oblivion and Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Last edited:
My top 10 PC games would be (And this favorites list will look really different than others here):
1) The Wing Commander series
2) Deltarune
3) Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
4) FTL: Faster Than Light
5) Wasteland
6) Fallout 1
7) Unreal Tournament
8) Fallout: New Vegas
9) FreeSpace 2
10) Ultima 4

As for console/handheld games:
1) Mother 3
2) EarthBound/Mother 2
3) Paper Mario 64
4) Shining Force
5) Star Fox 64
6) The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
7) Live A Live
8) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
9) Mother 1
10) Octopath Traveler

1 Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.
2 System Shock2
3 Deus Ex
4 Fallout1 and 2
5 Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2
6 Faces of War
7 Wasteland 2 directors cut.
8 Fallout NV.
9 Railroad Tycoon Gold edition.
10 MDK 2
11 Half Life.
12 Grim Fandango.
13 Hidden and Dangerous 2
14 Dragon Age Origins.
15 Postal 2
16 KOTR
17 Mass effect 2
18 Metro Last Light.
19 Tropico 4
20 Arcanum, King's bounty the dark side. Torment Tides of Numenera. Stronghold Crusader, Planescape Torment, Crysis, Dungeon Master, No one lives forever. Industry Giant 2.

2 System Shock2
3 Deus Ex
4 Fallout1 and 2
6 Faces of War
8 Fallout NV.
10 MDK 2
11 Half Life.
12 Grim Fandango.
14 Dragon Age Origins.
15 Postal 2
16 KOTR
17 Mass effect 2
18 Metro Last Light.
19 Tropico 4
20 Arcanum, King's bounty the dark side. Torment Tides of Numenera. Stronghold Crusader, Planescape Torment, Crysis, Dungeon Master, No one lives forever. Industry Giant 2.
I know taste is subjective, but how is Postal 2 better than Planescape Torment? Also it's 10 best games, not 20

I don't think these lists mean much if my lists are any indicator. I think eventually that game you liked when you were 12 you will learn to hate. That game you love more than anything you will burn out on. Then some game that is not better than those games will replace those games on the list because you can actually still play it until you can't.

I know taste is subjective, but how is Postal 2 better than Planescape Torment? Also it's 10 best games, not 20

I do as I please Hanky Panky. Why no Disco Elysium ? Why not place Half life 2 higher or even in the list. Why no Witcher or gangsters 2.

Lists: films, music , books, comics , art , can interchange or depending on a whim differ entirely. Postal 2 was funny it made me laugh.

Planescape would be expected by those who enjoy the writing or the sacred word lore, bore t a chore, It's all poor fiction durex diction like a council tax evader waiting for eviction.

I could make a list of fairly unknown games just to be awkward but at the time a few hours ago I listed 20 plus games as I have played 100's and 100's possibly 1000 games.

There you go I forgot about Battlezone 1 which is an outstanding game for It's time. I had 0 complaints with it.

Last edited:
I don't think these lists mean much if my lists are any indicator. I think eventually that game you liked when you were 12 you will learn to hate. That game you love more than anything you will burn out on. Then some game that is not better than those games will replace those games on the list because you can actually still play it until you can't.
Except I don't hate the games that I've played in the past. Even though I don't play them anymore, I still consider them my favorite games, because in a way they shaped who I am today. Whether or not I would enjoy playing them now is irrelevant. I can still love old games while moving on and playing other games.
I do as I please Hanky Panky. Why no Disco Elysium ? Why not place Half life 2 higher or even in the list. Why no Witcher or gangsters 2.
That is a good question. Disco Elysium should be on everyone's list.
Lists: films, music , books, comics , art , can interchange or depending on a whim differ entirely. Postal 2 was funny it made me laugh.
Except it doesn't depend on a whim, it depends on what film, book, game, etc. you feel has had the biggest impact on you. Of course that list will evolve as time goes on but that doesn't mean that it's all interchangeable.
Planescape would be expected by those who enjoy the writing or the sacred word lore, bore t a chore, It's all poor fiction durex diction like a council tax evader waiting for eviction.
Very poetic but I still think it's weird to rank POSTAL 2 higher than PST. I think artistically it's clear which is the superior game, but POSTAL isn't even trying to be art so I guess it's dumb to even compare the two.
I could make a list of fairly unknown games just to be awkward but at the time a few hours ago I listed 20 plus games as I have played 100's and 100's possibly 1000 games.
The point is to list your favorite games, the ones that marked you the most, not just any random game you've played. That would defeat the point.

I do hate many of the games I once enjoyed simply due to playing them too much. I don't consider booting them up and playing them for a hour and putting them back up enjoying them. I can still beat Earthbound I guess so I enjoy it still. Doom can be played but with mods which is kinda the thing. Anyway how old are you? You might just need to play the same game another 10 or 15 years to learn to hate it. By hate I mean you might still appreciate it but cannot stand to play it.

Disco Elysium is pretentious hipster shit but it is worth a play to see if you like being told you are a fascist for not answering four questions right.

I do hate many of the games I once enjoyed simply due to playing them too much. I don't consider booting them up and playing them for a hour and putting them back up enjoying them. I can still beat Earthbound I guess so I enjoy it still. Doom can be played but with mods which is kinda the thing. Anyway how old are you? You might just need to play the same game another 10 or 15 years to learn to hate it. By hate I mean you might still appreciate it but cannot stand to play it.
Why would I play the same game over and over again? That would be like watching the same movie or reading the same book over and over again. Of course it's gonna get stale after a while.
Disco Elysium is pretentious hipster shit but it is worth a play to see if you like being told you are a fascist for not answering four questions right.
Be honest, did you actually play through the entire game?

Why would I play the same game over and over again? That would be like watching the same movie or reading the same book over and over again. Of course it's gonna get stale after a while.

Be honest, did you actually play through the entire game?

They updated the game when I was near the end the first time so I had to restart. So fun which is why I never buy RPG's at launch. I burned out near the same point when I found myself doing the same shit and talking to the same 12 people on the same tiny map with the same /pol topics I had read on Codex since the game was announced. Eventually I will force myself to beat it but I shouldn't have to. The writing is good. Great. I have books that do that better. Where is the game? I bet you heard that one already so I will leave it there until I beat it next year or something when I run out of actual good RPG's to play like Pathfinder and Atom and Encased and UnderRail DLC and...

Without even playing them I know the writing is better in Disco than Atom or Encased so it's not total trash it's just a subgenre I hope does not catch on.

Last edited by a moderator:
They updated the game when I was near the end the first time so I had to restart. So fun which is why I never buy RPG's at launch. I burned out near the same point when I found myself doing the same shit and talking to the same 12 people on the same tiny map with the same /pol topics I had read on Codex since the game was announced. Eventually I will force myself to beat it but I shouldn't have to. The writing is good. Great. I have books that do that better. Where is the game? I bet you heard that one already so I will leave it there until I beat it next year or something when I run out of actual good RPG's to play like Pathfinder and Atom and Encased and UnderRail DLC and...
You could literally apply that same criticism to Planescape Torment. Maybe gameplay isn't the only thing that matters in a game. Maybe writing is just as if not more important than gameplay. At the end of the day, it's about what you want in a game. You want fun, action-packed gameplay, I want a deep story that will leave me thinking. And I think Disco defintely delivered on that part, just like PST did 20 years ago.

And for the record, Disco does have gameplay. Every game has gameplay, otherwise it wouldn't be a game. I guess it's just not your type of gameplay.

You could literally apply that same criticism to Planescape Torment. Maybe gameplay isn't the only thing that matters in a game. Maybe writing is just as if not more important than gameplay. At the end of the day, it's about what you want in a game. You want fun, action-packed gameplay, I want a deep story that will leave me thinking. And I think Disco defintely delivered on that part, just like PST did 20 years ago.

And for the record, Disco does have gameplay. Every game has gameplay, otherwise it wouldn't be a game. I guess it's just not your type of gameplay.
You know I am talking about the combat don't play dense. I hate spelling shit out for people playing dumb to win a pointless argument over whether the thing they like is better or not. Pedantic nonsense with gameplay? Fuck off with that shit. Combat is the most important aspect of 90 percent of RPG's. Remove it from Fallout or Baldur's Gate or even that game I like Earthbound and it would not be as good. Planescape might have mediocre combat but at least it has it so no that does not apply to it in the same way.

People try to say Planescape is just a book but then Disco came out and showed them they should shut the fuck up and stop whining. Anyway glad you are obviously a huge fan. I wanted to be and I was not deterred due to any strong political belief I just got bored of talking to the same people in the same exact location for 30 + hours. Planescape did not do that.

You know I am talking about the combat don't play dense. I hate spelling shit out for people playing dumb to win a pointless argument over whether the thing they like is better or not. Pedantic nonsense with gameplay? Fuck off with that shit. Combat is the most important aspect of 90 percent of RPG's. Remove it from Fallout or Baldur's Gate or even that game I like Earthbound and it would not be as good. Planescape might have mediocre combat but at least it has it so no that does not apply to it in the same way.
Since when does an RPG have to have combat? I think it's refreshing to have a game that doesn't rely on combat to engage the player.
People try to say Planescape is just a book but then Disco came out and showed them they should shut the fuck up and stop whining. Anyway glad you are obviously a huge fan. I wanted to be and I was not deterred due to any strong political belief I just got bored of talking to the same people in the same exact location for 30 + hours. Planescape did not do that.
The fact that you felt the need to tell me that makes me think otherwise.

Well this is about my top 10 games and why I like them kinda thing ya know? I like combat in RPG's. I think they are more fun when you kill stuff. There are definitely games where there should be less combat like Call of Cthulhu but even then it is something there. If we try to decide what a RPG is I won't bother talking about it anymore.

So WTH now I am lying? Fuck you!

No dickhead I know where these arguments go. I don't need to lie to you because I don't give a shit what games you like or if you care what games I like. I do care if you put words in my mouth like YOU JUST DID though. Every single time at Codex I say I do not like (I mean I like it for what it does, maybe I do not love it) the game they say:

• You are stupid hahaha. You are so dumb you could not understand all the made up words.
  • You must be butthurt due to whatever slant you slant on. You must be alt right left middle whatever.
  • You must like Bethesda games. You must ad hominem infinity.
  • Combatfag.
  • Cuck rating.

I literally did not like the game because I had to play it twice with a similar build, I got bored because the game is small with little to actually do, now I cannot be bothered to boot it up and figure out where I was last. Then it made people like you I guess feel like it was saying something important (I assume you are younger than me) when it really just repeated the same shit I heard and read online for the past 15 years or so. I think I have that covered. Have a good one.

CB1au9Q.png

I just don't think these games represent my top 10 of all time but some of them are close. Maybe top 20 or 30. I suck at rating things I like.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 System Shock2
3 Deus Ex
4 Fallout1 and 2
6 Faces of War
8 Fallout NV.
10 MDK 2
11 Half Life.
12 Grim Fandango.
14 Dragon Age Origins.
15 Postal 2
16 KOTR
17 Mass effect 2
18 Metro Last Light.
19 Tropico 4
A great list; I own 85% of them.

3. Myth:The Fallen Lords
  4. Myth 2:Soulblighter
  5. Disciples 2: (and all its many variants.)
  6. Giants: Citizen Kabuto
  7. Sacrifice
  8. Populous 3: The Beginning
  9. Blood
  10. Dungeon Keeper
  • Dungeon Keeper 2
  • Witcher 1
  • Rune
  • Blood & Magic
  • Eye Of The Beholder 2
  • C&C Generals / Zero Hour
  • Baldur's Gate 2
  • Slave Zero
  • Splinter Cell
  • Mortal Kombat 2

Last edited:
I don't think I remember Sacrifice at all. Mortal Kombat 2 is great but it plays like shit now.

Back