1998 Fallout Movie Treatment Revealed

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
As he said he would, Ausir dug up facts on the old Interplay Fallout movie project.<blockquote>Hero at prestigious job -- or so he’s told -- as Assistant Vault Supervisor, working on Supply Inventory. He inspects the G.E.C.K. -- The Garden of Eden Creation Kit. As part of his daily ritual as resident dreamer, he watches an old promo tape, which explains the G.E.C.K. is a miraculous, one-shot terra forming device to be used by the Vault Dwellers upon eventual emergence onto the surface. Our Hero can’t wait. Then he discovers some anomaly in the vault’s water supply. Makes presentation to Vault Supervisor (his father), who is pleased at how sharp our Hero is... but also knows how bored he is. Father’s already seen video tape of the tram incident – this is not the first time Hero has disturbed the peace. Establish internal strife between those who believe salvation/damnation is above. It’s become a generational thing, like the 60’s. Hero points out that all his generation’s complaints with pre-fab Vault life are irrelevant without water…</blockquote>

Well, it has its highs (the valet on a mine for example) and absolute lows ("female showing her amazing fighting skills" Hollywood shit for instance).

But really, the best film would be and entirely original story set in the universe. One not twisting any existing canon facts, of course.

I thought about the first half of it was pretty good - I must say I was quite captivated - but then it was more and more 'hollywood' and what I considered some harmless cheesy fun became just unbearable in the final part. But still some very interesting reading, thanks.

Ha!

It'd be funny to see bethesda taking this idea to Michael Bay, and it will turn out Michael Bay is a real hardcore fan of the originals and decides to re-write the script to make it spiritual to old fans, and finally making an awesomely deep, well written flick, with less stupid action more Inception-alike pace and proving he's not such a bad director at all.

Even Bethesda won't be able to do anything about it, because the movie will make shit lots of money and proof what is the real spirit of Fallout franchise!

!aH

It's always been kind of intriguing that the security officer in Vault 13 had their gender changed depending on the gender of the character - this isn't usually done in games without some reason, yet there was no option to seduce them or anything.

"All reading LA Times except one, our Hero. 20-something, handsome, restless."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what, Warner Channel casting? give an oportunity to plain looking people with good acting skills.

Per said:
It's always been kind of intriguing that the security officer in Vault 13 had their gender changed depending on the gender of the character - this isn't usually done in games without some reason, yet there was no option to seduce them or anything.

You were probably intended to be able to seduce them.

The story sounds much better to me when I read it from the end and worked my way towards the beginning :look:

I started of with the idyllic fishing, FEV, Master and action scenes and then reached Vault 13 where everybody was reading LA Times.

Could be worse. I think the nicest original touch is the arranged marriage bit.

There is no villain, which usually guarantees a certain amount of suckage.

Too much "OMG look at the mutated freaks" type stuff, where I would prefer the old west approach.

The main characters seem tremendously bland and cliched.

A lot of time spent is spent in the vault, sounds boring.

Felt too small scale and confined.

But yeah, I'd watch it.

I was reading some info on Fallout in the Vault, and I was very surprised to see that this thing is new. Then I checked to see if it's in the NMA news, and I saw this thread.

Back