A motor bike

Public

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Do you people think we could use one of those neat motor bikes to work?

The minute I saw this bike in game I thought the same thing. The easiest (and cheesiest) way to get this working (because I don't believe the game supports mounts) is to take the bike and model permanent legs seated on to it. Then set the modified model up as a pair of pants in the game that is "enchanted" to increase player speed dramatically. So when you can equip the bike like pants ...you can then drive (run) across the wasteland.

I've got ten bucks here saying Bethesda will release that as DLC.

'Nyway, Bikes don't seem all that usefull to me. There's no roads, way too much rubble to be able to use it efficiently, and not really a reason to anyway as the map is relatively small.

Anglish said:
(because I don't believe the game supports mounts)

It probably does since it's based on oblivion... Then again what kind of fuel does it use? Solar/Nuclear energy? Gas? or something else? Making a mountable animal would be easier tho a bit silly... Imagine mounting a molerat.A bicycle would be better imo and it's plausible.

Ar1z said:
Anglish said:
(because I don't believe the game supports mounts)

It probably does since it's based on oblivion... Then again what kind of fuel does it use? Solar/Nuclear energy? Gas? or something else? Making a mountable animal would be easier tho a bit silly... Imagine mounting a molerat.A bicycle would be better imo and it's plausible.
Or a Brahmin.

Yes, for the first DLC I want a Brahmin armor. Yay.

I don't think that Fallout 3 needs vehicles.

I don't think there will be any DLC involving vehicles. I base this assumption on the fact that exploration is an important part of the game. Also with the Geomapper quest, caps and experience would be gained too easily.

Id have to reserve judgment as to if the bike could be used until I know what model it is. During the fall about the only vehicles using gas were motorbikes and military vehicles such as the veritibirds.
Gasoline production was at a standstill due to the fact all oil assets in the fallout world had been entirely depleted except for the oil field off the coast off California. Unfortunately that access to oil was destroyed during the attack by the Chosen. There was and likely is a large supply of oil stored on the mainland of the NCR which was pumped from the Oil Derrick. Several billion gallons. Which explains why the few enclave still have access to Vertibirds.

There were fusion bieks though. Very few and very uncommon. If you found one ... You mite actually be able to fix it.

So yes, bikes if there fusion. No if there gas. Yes to mounts though like animals. Albeit Id expect it to be a cart with Brahmin like in f2.

Jahnri said:
During the fall about the only vehicles using gas were motorbikes and military vehicles such as the veritibirds.

I was under the impression that Vertibirds were developed by the Enclave AFTER the war. I mean, in fallout 2 when you get the vertibird plans, doesnt the BoS guy say they developed vertibird tech?

First thing i thought when i found a perfectly intact motorcycle was "hey, i bet i can use the motorcycle gas tank and hand brake to fix this up"..... then i found about 5 more perfectly intact motorcycles and realized all they did was explode

Yeah, there are lots of Motorcycle's parts, which we could use for the PC to fix it up by him/her self.

We could even make a guy/mechanic who could teach us how to do it, or just like in FO2 make a guy who has one motor bike, the only one which could work but we need to get some parts for him.

Hey guys, whats the power source for the Power Armor? Shouldn't it need to recharge or something after a while? Obviously, we don't see this in game, so we'll assume that before the nukes fell, top scientists developed a very advanced power source that could last a very long time.
How about this for a mod: you talk to some guys in a garage/shop about cars and they mention this power source to you. You go off looking for it, find it (lots of work involved there), then bring it back them. Then they fix up an ATV or something with it, and voila! Vehicles to get around faster. As a bonus you should be able fire one handed guns while on the vehicles so you don't have to get off every time you want to kill someone.
If we can't have that then how about a chem that temporarily makes you run really fast?

Well technically the Enclave designed and was starting to test the Vertibirds right before the fall. Which was about the same time the oil was being tapped off the coast. Its all in pretty close timeframe.

Oh and the power armour Im not sure 100 percent about. Either Cold fusion or nuclear. I believe its cold fusion like the cars. Simply requiring water for fuel.

I would like to see more usable vehicles in the game, but this type of motorbike seems useless and illogical. Hopefully there will be a DLC that release a Yao Guai mount. :) That would be great. One vehicle I'd like to see drivable is the Vertibird itself.

Powered Armor typically went for about a century before needing to be recharged, the Vault Dweller learned this in Fallout 1.

Granted, I dunno if that 'battery life' is different in the Enclave models, or other variations. Though with newer suits you'd expect even more efficiency.

Grim-Ascension said:
I would like to see more usable vehicles in the game, but this type of motorbike seems useless and illogical. Hopefully there will be a DLC that release a Yao Guai mount. :) That would be great. One vehicle I'd like to see drivable is the Vertibird itself.

Useless and illogical?

A car would be more usless and illogical, but not a bike. There is more space for a bike to fit than for a car.

How about the tricycle? I'd love to see my character tooling around the wastelands in my power armor, riding my tricycle of doom.

Mount a couple of gatling guns on that bad boy and I would be a force to be reckoned with.

I ask in advance a pardon for my english. It was necessary to use baaad translator:)))))

the idea to use motorcycle model was and at me, and the first that has come to mind it... To take and copy all but model from horses from Oblivion. :D

But thus there will be a big problem. we will see as our "racer" will not go and skip on bike:)))))

it is possible to make certainly all most, it not long. But there and then there is a question, and whether it is necessary it is to the world fallout 3. The world small... From edge to edge of hour 3 (real time, instead of game) on foot to go.

:crazy: :mrgreen:

tricycle.jpg

eeeehhhhhaaaa tricycle :lol:

:o I am SOOO getting one of those for my kids! THAT ROCKS!
Hrmm you know.. Why the heck cant we have bikes? Its easy as hell to get a bike frame after nuke falls. Plenty of material for tires. Hell I could probably rig up a decent metal mesh tire like I had on a experimental bike i made ones. Pure scrap.

Dude I want a bike! Screw the motorcycle! :D

The thought of raiders coming at you on BMX trek bikes is actually DAMNED scary considering how fast they are lol.

Back