As far as I'm concerned,Fallout 3 never happened. *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by Ba5, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Ba5

Ba5 First time out of the vault

Nov 7, 2008
    I just finished this game. Holy shit. And I promptly registered and am a NMA supporter.

Excellent writing Bethesda. I'm never buying any of your products ever again. And as far as I'm concerned, Fallout 3 never happened, and we're still waiting for the sequel. The one made by people that actually know what they're doing.

2. the lone deathclaw

the lone deathclaw First time out of the vault

Nov 2, 2008
    *starts a slow clap

Yeah those sum up the majority of those moments but you also missed, hey everybody I know were a secret organization that is remenants of the old federal government that just tried to kill all of you and our president died but here i am, speaking on the radio, and where would I be why of course right in DC wow, what an amazing place to hide secret government right where the old goddamn government was.

3. betamonkey

betamonkey First time out of the vault

Oct 15, 2008
    Just to correct you, the president doesn't change his mind.. Colonel Autumn disobeys his orders. But that wouldn't make a funny I guess.

4. chaosapiant

chaosapiant It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 30, 2008
    I strongly disagree and felt Fallout 3 was awesome. However, your post was a hilarious good read and parody of Fallout 3. Kudos!

5. Pablosdog

Pablosdog Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Oct 30, 2007
    yeah, ii thought that the writing was very disjointed, illogical and well, a tad too superheroish for a fallout game.

6. Jahnri

Jahnri First time out of the vault

Nov 3, 2008
    The Storyline directors for Fallout 3 definitely need some lessons in proper story construction. Considering some of Bethesda's earlier games Im surprised a few of the errors made it through. Some just were weird but possible. Only 2 were blatantly impossible. Albeit just barely. Anyways, Love the game!

7. Paradroid

Paradroid First time out of the vault

Jun 19, 2003
    Amen, man.

I have to admit, I thought the NMA community was going overly fanboy with the FO3 backlash. Because I really didn't follow the FO3 development at all, I didn't know the searing disappointment I had waiting for me.

I hated the game so much that I was inspired to return it to BB and talk my way into a refund (I had a whole story prepared that's way more inventive than the F03 story). I have NEVER done that before.

8. Gentlemen

Gentlemen Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Sep 24, 2008
    Re: As far as I'm concerned,Fallout 3 never happened. *spoil

My additions are in italics. Also, did you get the Collector's Edition? I want your bobblehead and lunchbox. Keep your nerd tears off them and I'll pay you 20 dollars each.

9. bhlaab

bhlaab Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Oct 30, 2008
    The main quest is that fucking stupid but lay off the sidequests they're at least as good as the ones in fallout 1

edit: Better, now that I look back on the sidequests in that game and remember how broken they all are compared to fallout 2

10. Ba5

Nov 7, 2008

Them's fighting words.
    I turned my charisma all the way down, and put it in the parts Bethesda wanted me to care about, ie fighting skills. The only penalty I got out of this was that my speech checks were impossibly low all the time (except when I got Eden to kill itself in the most amazing dialogue ever). There wasn't a general dislike for my character or anything, which I was led to believe from the description. The game played exactly as if my charisma was at 24252 (the slider is broken in my version).

I also chose the "I'm a 13 year old that shouldn't be playing this but does anyway because I'm a fucking rebel and Bethesda marketed the game to me anyway" perk, which allows me to carry lots of different guns, and shoot my way out of everything. When I choose this perk in FO1 and FO2, I still got a very decent story out of it.

Edit: By the way, I'll forgive all the game's faults as soon as a mod is released that allows me to butcher every last one of Little Lamplight's residents.

11. deadsanta

deadsanta First time out of the vault

Sep 5, 2008
    Perfect!

Here are some more:

12. Gentlemen

Gentlemen Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Sep 24, 2008

Child at Heart helps with those annoying little brats. A LOT. And your slider must be indeed broken. My Heavy Weapons Guy character (My main character is a nerd who managed to weasel his way out of killing anything in the game by using Speech, Science!, and Lockpick) never succeeds at his Speech checks. Maybe because my Speech is at 19 or so? Goes to show that Speech is still the most uber skill there is. Also, did you try killing Eden with his self-destruct code? Autumn had a holotape with that code on it.

13. Ba5

Nov 7, 2008
    Yeah, I somehow passed that check. I first gave him the "where will it end boohoohoo?" bit, and after that, I told him his arguments made no sense, as if I never passed the previous check. Eh?

Oh, and I'm changing my first anecdote.

14. oihrebwe

oihrebwe Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 15, 2008
    to be fair, the scene with president eden was a literary reference to a scene in anna karenina where count alexei made her realize that her super mutants were sterile and therefore her plan to have them repopulate the world was hopeless. but I'm sure you all knew that :roll:

15. Kashrlyyk

Kashrlyyk It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 18, 2004
    Your quote needs more "middle-aged guy" stuff.

16. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo First time out of the vault

Nov 8, 2008
    Wait, what? Eden's modified FEV would have killed mutants, Super Mutants, and Ghouls. It was designed to purify both the water and the human genome.

17. B5C

B5C It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 1, 2008
    Yeah, like that's going to work.

18. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo First time out of the vault

Nov 8, 2008
    :lol:

You've made my day. You don't really think that will work, do you?

19. Frisca

Frisca First time out of the vault

Nov 1, 2008
    Sure it's not going to work. Renaming might have worked long ago before any copy was shipped. It's more of a "let's see how many people agree" and PERHAPS FO4 will be more Fallout.