Bethesda E3 Showcase Tonight, Stream Links

If this has Skills then I might be tempted to give it a whirl, looks fun enough, if it doesn't then Fuck bethesda....

Everyone said they might as well just make it a FPS. Here ya go.

Mass Effect dialog choices? Damnit it looked fairly decent until that, then my fucking heart dropped.

I was all aboard the character creation, they even said they were gonna make a baby out of the characters on screen, I was all -Yeah ok, so only the parents are voiced, good- then they showed the Mass Effect Dialogue wheel.....

I was all aboard the character creation, they even said they were gonna make a baby out of the characters on screen, I was all -Yeah ok, so only the parents are voiced, good- then they showed the Mass Effect Dialogue wheel.....

Same. If they drop skills then what is the point?

Great, now I get to pick a tree option that says I disagree. Then my character goes on a minute long speech about how the rights of the native mole rat are more important than the corrupt government of tomorrow or something. Did they learn nothing from the Space Canadian?

Well it's not like they need to squeeze skill checks into 4 dialogue choices.

I can't believe they gutted the dialog. Well I can, but shit...

I'm so fucking hyped for this game! I always wanted to be able to have some sort of jetpack power armor and it looks like I'll be getting that! Fuck yeah!

The dialog wheel is a hell of a lot better than scrolling up and down a list of replies. I like this change.

The crafting system looks really good.

I lost it when the guy called down a vertibird! Fucking awesome! I hope it'll be flyable. If not, then that's what mods are for!

How can you be pessimistic about this game? I don't get it.

I swear if they remove Skills and skill dependency on crafting and guns I can kiss Fallout goodbye.

I cannot deal with the dialogue wheel for Fallout. I can't deal with that. I just can't. Not in Fallout. It's fine in Mass Effect and Alpha Protocol, but not Fallout.

Though... <_<

Maybe I'll make a mod. >_>

Or someone else will. <_<

...Perk chart? Please... please no. Don't be what I think you are.
Do you mean it might be like the Standing Stones? My rage is greater than a thousand suns. If you'll pardon me, I'm going to go make a FO3 mod that turns Gary into Todd Howard and beat each clones face in.

I'm so fucking hyped for this game! I always wanted to be able to have some sort of jetpack power armor and it looks like I'll be getting that! Fuck yeah!

The dialog wheel is a hell of a lot better than scrolling up and down a list of replies. I like this change.

I lost it when the guy called down a vertibird! Fucking awesome! I hope it'll be flyable. If not, then that's what mods are for!

Sounds good? They took out one of the most important parts of the game.

Well, engine wise it looks like a substantial improvement from 3, meaning all the now experienced Modders from New Vegas will have a lot of tools to play with.

As for the actual demo, can't say I'm too thrilled. The Sim City, Crafting, Dialogue tree, shit's basically next gen Mass Effect/Skyrim/Dragon Age. Of the little writing they did show, it's just as generic as I expected. Clear indicator that I'm not their audience this time around, 20 minutes of moving couches around and FPS montages.

Edit - I forgot to mention that shitty song. I installed a radio modpack for new vegas of all these 30's/40's shitty songs that were cashing in on the whole Atomic Bomb scare, and uninstalled within an hour. Really stupid shit like "You're my atomic bomb baby" "Atomic cocktail" Fireball boogie". and somewhere inside my black heart I knew Fallout 4 was going to go even further and Co-opt their own fucking reboot of Fallout.

Last edited:
Well this Bethesda presentation was a general waste.

Honestly don't care about Doom as it does not seem to do anything new or interesting.
Did not pay attention to Battlecry, not my thing.
Dishonored 2, guess the Dishonored fans have something to look forwards too.
TESO, I am not wasting time on that.

Fallout 4. Well I am of mixed opinion on this.
Not going to talk about the graphics and their quality, if they should be better or not.

But gameplay wise, oh man talk about a mixed bag. There are elements that I like and some elements I absolutely loathe.
First of all, the character generation system. I just plain hate it as it means we will have to get through this crap every time we want to start a new game.

Second, a voiced actor. Honestly saw no need for that and I really don't like the Mass Effect style dialogue system. Also means that any SP mods will stand out even more as the main character doesn't speak any of the dialogue on the screen (heh making it more like Fallout 1)

But the combat... uurrrghhh, the combat, the goddamn combat. Thought Fallout 3 was already moving it to a FPS? Well Fallout 4 completes the journey, complete with a lot of tropes.
Well we see that all the Fallout 3 favorites have returned; raiders, Ghouls (even more zombie like), Super Mutants (guess despite there being no FEV Super Mutants have no difficulty breeding) including behemoths, the BOS (of course), robots, and the new synths (at one side seeing some new enemies are great, but as discussed before, the technology in the Fallout world, especially after the war should be to limited to create actual human looking androids or at least to the degree shown in the preview)

Also it seems that ARCHIMEDESII is back.

Guess they added the whole build-your-own-place after Heartstone and the whole Minecraft clone craze that is going on.
Not sure if I dislike it as something similar was suggested for Van Buren.
Same goes for the whole 'organizing trade routes and such', could work well but does it also play any role in the game this would sound like something that could affect NPCs, settlements, and the plot.

Also glad that they at least learned a bit from New Vegas regarding craft but do the raw materials also have weight.

At one side being able to make your own Power Armor sounds cool (but improbable, you don't make PA in a shed), but features like a rocket pack?
That belongs more in a full FPS game.

All and all, a good piss on what Fallout used to be.

Last edited:

Sounds good? They took out one of the most important parts of the game.

My mind's still trying to process the ton of awesome shit I saw. What's the stuff they screwed up on?

The whole settlement system is like an expanded version of Wasteland Defense and the equivalent Skyrim one. Those mods are fun, they let you build a settlement and fight hordes but they have a tendency to corrupt save files.

Shit I just can't get over the dialogue system, if they are gonna reduce it Console controllers why not use the Game pad or the analogues for choices? At least that would give us 8 choices and not 4.....

I hated the stupid ass character creation sequence, the voiced YOU, the gimped new dialog system, the unnecessary cinematic "epic" approach this is trying to bring to the franchise...

Hated the same stupid ass PipBoy, which again doesn't show you an image of anything until you highlight it (who the fuck knows/remembers everything they pick up by name?).

Action looks as ugly as it did in F3.

I'm sure I'll give you more when I get myself to rewatch it.

Back