Can you really call yourself a Fallout fan if you love Fallout 4, honestly?

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by HarkonFourth, May 30, 2018.

1. Morgan_

Morgan_ The Fool

Jul 3, 2020
    Yeah, maybe so. I don't think it stops you from still liking F4 or makes you less of a fan if you still like and enjoy it. 60% of my enjoyment of Beth games is what's happening in my head while I play. I can like this and still be a fan of the originals I think. I don't consider Beth stuff cannon or anything it's just what we currently have.

2. Blastwave Dave

Blastwave Dave First time out of the vault

Sep 12, 2021
    I kind of like some quests in Fallout 3, some of them feel canon enough to me that I could consider them part of my personal interpretation of the lore.

3. Kaptin

Kaptin Slayer of soyjacks

Sep 2, 2021
    I think I lost my hopes for any potential new fallout game when Redditors rated Preston Garvey as a better character than Joshua Graham or Marcus.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. xxdemonxspawnnxx

xxdemonxspawnnxx First time out of the vault

Apr 13, 2021
    Yeah my favourite was 'head of the state'. Didn't like the way it ended though. The document is just going to museum, nothing special. I liked the android quest. Big Town and Paradise Falls was the most desolate and fallout-ish town.

5. Norzan

Norzan Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 7, 2017
    If we needed more evidence that Fallout Reddit is a place filled with dumbasses.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Clown_Shoe_Prostitute

Clown_Shoe_Prostitute First time out of the vault

Jul 14, 2021
    I think if you love it on its own, as its own game, for what it presents then yes, you can call yourself a Fallout fan. I don't think it actually presents anything new or interesting as a game but I can see some people liking it on that merit. If you think it's the best (or even a good game) within the franchise, then I think you're huffing the stupid gas and need to sit the fuck down.

I personally just find it... fucking boring? I can never get immersed or interested and just drift away no matter whether I mod the game to be a crazy, wacky gun hell or if I install really immersive stuff that's meant to make the game realistic.

7. Morgan_

Morgan_ The Fool

Jul 3, 2020

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1