Cashgrab - Bethesda releases Fallout Legacy Collection

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Proletären, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Proletären

Proletären Mildly Dipped

Mar 15, 2012

According to a recent "leak" Fallout legacy edition will be out later this month (October 25). According to PC Gamer it includes every Fallout ever released except Fallout 76. However Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel isn't listed on the cover.

The benefit of this release would be that older Fallout titles would be available for consoletards since it's indicated in the description that you could install and run mods on both PC and console. But do you really think they would make Fallout 1&2 playable on consoles?

On another note, is this the same the thing as we wrote about back in February?

Edit: PC Gamer was wrong in their speculations. This will be PC exclusive and sold only in UK and Germany.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. Daniel The NCR Veteran

Daniel The NCR Veteran I'm NCR and Proud.

Apr 9, 2018
    If the games after 3 don't have all of their DLCs, this collection is worthless if you exclude Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Korin

Korin Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    Have to take leaks with a grain of salt... would also have been interesting to have the German translated by a native speaker. At least some of this doesn't make any sense:

"The full collection of all award-winning single-player games in the series! Return to Odland with the Fallout 4 - Game of the Year Edition. It contains all the gameplay updates, graphic enhancements, the ability to download and play free mods on PCs and consoles, and all six official extensions. Welcome back to New Vegas! With Ultimate Edition, Bethesda Softworks is putting together the complete Fallout: New Vegas package. The main game with the four additions Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road will immerse you even deeper into the world of New Vegas."

This seems like a generic description for Fallout 4 which is technically true, you can play mods on PC and console. I don't think it's saying that this package is going to be for console. The author of the article is taking a bit of a leap here based on what may have been an erroneous description. Fallout 3 and New Vegas do however already work on nextgen consoles. It just seems unlikely that F1/F2/Tactics will.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Stampedo

Stampedo First time out of the vault

Aug 17, 2011
    Why are they selling their t***** along with actual Fallout games? How dare you Bethesda...

5. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Bo Son oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    If they ported the first three Fallout games to console I will actually buy the shit.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 26, 2007
    Emulation I'd suppose. The first games are pure mouse driven titles, with fiddly bits of detail for everything you can click on... does that seem console friendly? Imagine just resolving the Water-Chip quest.

7. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Bo Son oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    It would be horrible but all in one place. These other PC games they ported over like Baldur's Gate probably compare...that is the only reason this flies at all

8. Korin

Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    Same, I'd love to play them on my xbox. I can't do computer mouse-click games anymore. I would be surprised if they were ported to console though.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. Jw224

Jw224 First time out of the vault

Sep 30, 2019
    Just another pisstake in the long line of pisstakes from Bethesda.

10. FreedomStalker

FreedomStalker Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 22, 2016
    Bethesda is disgusting me, more and more with each passing year...

11. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 26, 2007
    No... the disgusting thing is that they deliberately sell to a certain market—and they sell them exactly what they want... barring occasional mistakes. It's disgusting that the market exists, and sustains them.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  12. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...The pain of being dead...

Sep 11, 2010
    Is it going to be on the Bethesda Launcher?

13. Millim

Millim The Big Straight Orderite

Oct 13, 2010
    If I can play New Vegas in Switch, then I'll be all for that.
    I'd be happy with 1&2 as well, but not without mods

14. Norzan

Norzan Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2017
  15. Money4U

Money4U First time out of the vault

Oct 22, 2015
    So it's the same games, no fixes, no updates, just together, lol NO

16. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    They'll just remove (what they deem) unecessary dialogs options and get down to four choices. Two birds, zero stones.

17. Norzan

Norzan Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2017
    I don't get this collection. Is it to make more money after Fallout 76 had abysmal sales? I just don't get this, made more ridiculous by the fact it will only be sold in Germany and in the UK.

Also hilarious that 4 of the 6 games weren't even made by Bethesda, Bethesda was only responsible for a third of the games.

And porting Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics to consoles would mean having to change basically everything to do with the controls and that's just too much work for current "on max level of lazyness" Bethesda.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  18. Proletären

Proletären Mildly Dipped

Mar 15, 2012
    apparantly this will only be released on PC and only in certain countries

19. Korin

Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    I don't think Bethesda is hurting for money :p and Fallout 76 has still been profitable for them, their bulk income is from the ongoing in-game transactions. The fact this is a Germany/UK bundle probably has more to do with it being done by Bethesda UK and not Bethesda US. Bethesda is not a singular pulsating organism, they have divisions all over the world.

But yes, I mean everything they sell is for money obviously. They aren't looking for loose change between their couch cushions because of Fallout 76 though.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  20. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
    Maybe add a cursor that you control with the analog sticks. That way the controls don't have to be modified too much.