Cashgrab - Bethesda releases Fallout Legacy Collection

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Proletären, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Millim

Millim Half-way Through My Half-life
    Orderite

Oct 13, 2010
    If this was on Consoles, I could understand.
    While it wouldn't be for everyone, I'm pretty sure some People would lap up the chance to get 3 and New Vegas on current gen consoles, add 1,2 and Tactics for a nice little bonus and I guess you got yourself a pretty decent deal (relatively speaking).

If this is PC exclusive however, then I find the collection rather pointless.
    1&2 are nearly always on sale. And picking them up for a decent price isn't too hard. Hell, if you played 76 last year, you would have got them for free.

New Vegas and 3 are pretty cheap these days too.
    Meaning the only game this collection would be useful for is those want to play 4. And I doubt many People would pick up this collection being new to Fallout, so I have to ask, who is it for?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  2. Korin

Korin So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    3 and New Vegas do work on current gen consoles already I believe, at least they're backwards compatible on xbox. They may also come with a modest resolution increase. Even the original xbox Morrowind works on xbox one and comes with some extended graphics.

3. Muttie

Muttie Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 9, 2017
    It's 18+, that could mean this is uncensored. Children & Bloodpatch etc.

4. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    I'd guess they're still censored, only a repack of games.
    Just didn't see a point for them doing a different file packing for this local exclusive release, especially it's for UK/Germany.

5. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Doesn't make much more sense in German. They just took parts from the Fallout 4 and New Vegas blurbs and put them through Google translate, which explains the translation of Wasteland to "Ödland" (just missing the Umlaut)

Nah. Fallout 3, NV and 4 are USK 18, which makes the whole collection USK 18.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Strange enough I feel like Odland makes more sense considering how weird the game is.

7. Hoplite

Hoplite Worth 1/5th of 100 grams of tea

Oct 4, 2019
    I'm confused as to how this is a cash grab. Companies release bundles and anthologies all the time. This is probably a great time to get into Fallout with all the games except Fallout 4 Online in one go

8. Soggy-Mutant

Soggy-Mutant Let's talk about FALLOUT

Oct 3, 2018
    I hate when game companies just re package everything and sell it back to you. Like most people dont have these games already.
    Just make a Steam Bundle if you wanna sell these games in a pack at the same price why make a physical release?
    Because there always needs to be a way to cash In, right?

9. Risewild

Risewild Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I bet they didn't even fix Fallout 3 to work "out of the box" in Windows 10, before packing it in this Collection. :lmao:

10. raynor009

raynor009 Yeehaw!?!

Apr 29, 2012
    I hope it comes with a cardboard disk. Thanks, god bless.