Challenge ideas

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by FlameBot, Aug 9, 2016.

1. FlameBot

FlameBot First time out of the vault

Aug 9, 2016
    I've been wanting to replay Fallout New Vegas for a while but I've gotten bored of standard or hardcore playthroughs. Anyone got any ideas to spice up my experience. (and I don't mean just playing specific builds but feel free to leave those to) YuIFXxd.jpg

2. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Play the whole game. Try to find a negative quality that can't be blamed on the short development cycle or the engine or bethesda's demands.

I'll start you off with the only one I've found: repair is actually done better in fo3 from an rpg design perspective.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  3. Francis H

Francis H It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 3, 2016
    The high amounts of high-leveled enemies around Goodsprings. How the entire town isn´t overrun by giant radscorpions and cazadores is beyond me.

4. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    That's not a negative aspect imo. Just decent world building. Honestly cazadores and radscorps aren't interested in attacking large groups of humans. Consider this: goodsprings is an entire town... Much larger than the game presents it to be (because gambryo gonna gambryo) And once again they probably seem so close because the world space is shrunk down So the game could be 3d (because gambryo gonna gambryo). I mean... One minute equals an in game hour... If we apply that to travel... Then the world space is a lot bigger than presented.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  5. Millim

Millim Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite [REDACTED]

Oct 13, 2010
    Very Hardcore with no fast travel, and if on PC, the JE Sawyer Mod.

That will be my end goal in life, to complete New Vegas with all DLC like that.

Bonus points if you kill everyone.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    I would argue that the shitty engine demanded the world to be scaled down. Honestly, if the Mojave Wasteland was actually scaled to its real life comparison, I'm sure as hell you would take an hour or two before you actually meet those Cazadors. While the Radscorpions, they were arguably down there, barred by the cemetery hill.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  7. Risewild

Risewild Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    If you have Fallout 3, get TTW (Tale of Two Wastelands), install AWOP for TTW (A World of Pain) and BLEED. Try to clear all the AWOP areas.
    Also get TTWInteriors and try to find all the Gnomes in both wastelands without a guide.
    You will be busy for weeks or months or more...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Those radscorpions can easily be killed by any random passing fag with a varmint rifle.