Challenge ideas

FlameBot

First time out of the vault
I've been wanting to replay Fallout New Vegas for a while but I've gotten bored of standard or hardcore playthroughs. Anyone got any ideas to spice up my experience. (and I don't mean just playing specific builds but feel free to leave those to) YuIFXxd.jpg

Play the whole game. Try to find a negative quality that can't be blamed on the short development cycle or the engine or bethesda's demands.

I'll start you off with the only one I've found: repair is actually done better in fo3 from an rpg design perspective.

Last edited:
Play the whole game. Try to find a negative quality that can't be blamed on the short development cycle or the engine.

I'll start you off with the only one I've found: repair is actually done better in fo3 from an rpg design perspective.
The high amounts of high-leveled enemies around Goodsprings. How the entire town isn´t overrun by giant radscorpions and cazadores is beyond me.

The high amounts of high-leveled enemies around Goodsprings. How the entire town isn´t overrun by giant radscorpions and cazadores is beyond me.
That's not a negative aspect imo. Just decent world building. Honestly cazadores and radscorps aren't interested in attacking large groups of humans. Consider this: goodsprings is an entire town... Much larger than the game presents it to be (because gambryo gonna gambryo) And once again they probably seem so close because the world space is shrunk down So the game could be 3d (because gambryo gonna gambryo). I mean... One minute equals an in game hour... If we apply that to travel... Then the world space is a lot bigger than presented.

Last edited:
Very Hardcore with no fast travel, and if on PC, the JE Sawyer Mod.

That will be my end goal in life, to complete New Vegas with all DLC like that.

Bonus points if you kill everyone.

I would argue that the shitty engine demanded the world to be scaled down. Honestly, if the Mojave Wasteland was actually scaled to its real life comparison, I'm sure as hell you would take an hour or two before you actually meet those Cazadors. While the Radscorpions, they were arguably down there, barred by the cemetery hill.

If you have Fallout 3, get TTW (Tale of Two Wastelands), install AWOP for TTW (A World of Pain) and BLEED. Try to clear all the AWOP areas.
Also get TTWInteriors and try to find all the Gnomes in both wastelands without a guide.
You will be busy for weeks or months or more...

Last edited:
I would argue that the shitty engine demanded the world to be scaled down. Honestly, if the Mojave Wasteland was actually scaled to its real life comparison, I'm sure as hell you would take an hour or two before you actually meet those Cazadors. While the Radscorpions, they were arguably down there, barred by the cemetery hill.
Those radscorpions can easily be killed by any random passing fag with a varmint rifle.

Back