Community campaign to push Bethesda into letting Obsidian do a Fallout spin-off

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by Proletären, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Proletären

Proletären Moderator

Mar 15, 2012
    So it's rumored that Behaviour Interactive will be the ones who make a spin-off to Fallout 4.

That is very worrisome! A spin-off from Obsidian would be the only good thing about Fallout 4 and now it's not even sure that that is going to happen.

So I thought that what if we start som community campaign to push Beth into letting Obsidian do a spin-off. What do ypu think? In this early stage maybe it's possible.

2. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    If that rumor is true and a spin-off is set for release in 2016, then it's already too late to change anything.

3. ChildServices

ChildServices Banned

May 22, 2015
    If you set up your e-petition, we'll probably all sign it anyway.

4. mandala

mandala It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 5, 2006
    Where can I sign?

5. Pinkolik

Pinkolik First time out of the vault

May 18, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  6. Proletären

Proletären Moderator

Mar 15, 2012
    I can't be bothered but someone should start a petition? Or maybe it needs to be on Facebook?

Anyhow the campaign needs to be serious and not flaming. The reasons we want Obsidian to develop can't be because Bethesda suck at making Fallout games, even if that is the case.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  7. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Times like these I'm looking forward to "Mutants Rising" more than ever.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. TheGreatCornholio

TheGreatCornholio First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2015
    This

The focus should be on wanting to experience the west coast maybe legion territory post Caesar or something along those lines

9. _Antithesis_

_Antithesis_ First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2015
    That rumor regarding Behaviour Interactive has turned out to be bogus. The reddit post was a bunch of shit, the only things correct being things that had already been leaked through Kotaku, of all places. With that said, I'd love a new Obsidian game, but Bethesda is so pissed over Obsidian getting better fan reception overall (the Steam reviews indicate this very, very well), that I dunno if there will be another one. Maybe there will because Bethesda likes money, but Bethesda also loves to do the exact opposite of what people want, so.

10. The_Time_Master

The_Time_Master First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2015
    I'd be happy with an Obsidion or even inXile release, but I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch.

11. X12

X12 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 8, 2012
    Behavior Interactive....oh god, arent those the guys who made those awful Spongebob games (Plankton's Robotic Revenge and Hero Pants)?

12. TorontoReign

TorontoReign WASTED Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    I don't believe this for one minute. Why would they let an unproven developer fuck with their prized series? Answer: They wouldn't.

13. Battlecross

Battlecross Banned

Jun 17, 2015
    Bethesda should just hire Avellone, he left Obsidian.

14. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    That'd be a good choice, but I think MCA has indicated on his social media that he's a little more comfortable closer to the independent end of the circuit right now. Then again, we all know how industry politics are, and MCA's always had a weakness for Fallout.

There's really no reason to believe any rumors about spinoff developments yet. There's no particular reason they'd not hire Obsidian again, given the returns on NV. There's also no particular reason they would, either, over other studios. They may or may not care that a lot of the fanbase thinks NV showed up 3 in certain regards, they may or may not want to take advantage of Obsidian's revelation that they were over a barrel for awhile, there may be other studios hungrier for it and more in line with Bethesda's vision. There are too many factors to speculate over at this point. Don't believe anything you read if it doesn't come from a credible source.

If Obsidian does get another go, I sincerely hope they bring MCA back in for some chummy consulting work. I haven't heard anything about the terms he left Obsidian on, but here's hoping they were amenable.

15. The_Time_Master

The_Time_Master First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2015
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behaviour_Interactive doesn't say much Buuut...

http://www.bhvr.com/

They do have a relationship with them. But I hope that the rumor is just bullshit.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. Emperor

Emperor Simplesmente Rajuma

Aug 4, 2013
    In Behaviour Interactive site, under the partners section there is Bethesda's logo, so yeah, they know each other.

17. mdf_365

mdf_365 Wasteland Pleb

Jun 2, 2015
    Behavior Interactive is also involved with Fallout Shelter in some capacity. If you have the game, hit the credits and scroll down a bit.

Not a stretch to think they could get a shot at a larger game.

18. Proletären

Proletären Moderator

Mar 15, 2012
    Or maybe Fallout Shelter is the only spin-off we will get.

19. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Yeah was thinkign the same, it's weird for companies to plan a spin off before the game is out, I think the spin off in the leak was Fallout Shelter.

We'll jsut have to wait and see if another Obsi Fallout comes down the line.

20. Reaper Shackal

Reaper Shackal King of the Dominion

Jun 19, 2015
    I honestly doubt Obsidian would do a spin off with Chris gone...
    The situation just gets worse, even when I can't think of ways it could get worse it manages to do it.