Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fallout Tactics Help & Tech' started by ?amil Yavuz Ula?, Aug 25, 2014.
A stubid dead robot blocking the way,I can't restart,because there is no other saves.
It's not that uncommon a problem, actually-- the single most logical thing to do in that situation is to snipe from the doorway, considering that you'd otherwise have to juke the load lifter and run across multiple fields of fire just to find somewhere else to shoot at it from. Unfortunately, as far as I know, "load" or "restart" are the only options. one of them obviously being a little less viable for you :-/
Someone here once claimed that they had some luck taking advantage of a movement trick from manipulating the door there. I've never gotten it to work, myself, but as I'm sure you'd probably rather try fiddling with this a bit yourself than having to restart your entire game, here's the post in question.
I suppose you could also try waiting for a ludicrously long time, but I've never been clear on whether corpses disappeared on a schedule or a map change was required for them to do so.
Wow, that sucks. Fortunately, you will not be missing much: the last missions are a total drag.
Also: I never understand people using only one savegame. I recently played through FOT myself and I always used three slots per map: one saving the very start of the map, a quicksave to save progress and another save game to back that quicksave. You can't go wrong when you do that.
Only 5 years late, but this just happened to me and I wanted to document my fix for anyone in the future.
1. Use winrar to open spr-mechanical_DE.bos in the core folder
2. After opening spr-mechanical, go into the "sprites" folder, go into the "robots" folder
3. Find "LoadLifter.spr" and double click on it
4. Windows 10 probably won't know what to open it with, so click "more apps" and select notepad
5. Before this next part, make a backup of the "LoadLifter.spr" file
6. Delete all the text from the file
7. Save the file and click yes when winrar asks if the file in the archive should be updated
8. Start up the game and load your save
When I did this, the load lifter body was gone and I was able to walk through the doorway. Once you're past the body, you'll want to use your backup copy of "LoadLifter.spr" to restore the sprite. Hope this helps someone someday!
Never do Iron Man in Tactics. Always have more than one save in a (real) Fallout game. Three at the minimum. Oh yeah really old post, but nice advice above anyway.