Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - 101 Trailer

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by eissa, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    So it's settled then, if I ever buy the game, I will wait for a complete game.

2. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...The pain of being dead...

Sep 11, 2010
    Could just not buy it at all. I mean, it's just nu-Dexu Ex after all. :V

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. eissa

eissa Altáriel, Lady of Radiant Garland

Jan 7, 2016
    damnit, even nu Deus "punished" ex does gain lot of recognition from Codex.

Afterall they were massively butthurted when Mike Pondsmith decide to not mention deus ex as his inspiration

4. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    k?

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  5. eissa

Jan 7, 2016
    That is true

6. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    I'm really confused.
    Who is Mikey? Why would he be inspired from DX? Is he inspired from the old or the nu? Like, wut?

7. eissa

Jan 7, 2016
    Mike pondsmith is the creator of Cyberpunk 2020 Pnp Rpg. As i said above, when he was talking about of how influence he got when helping develop Cyberpunk 2077 he quote some work like Ghost in the shell, Mirror edge, system shock, William gibson work and etc. But leave Deus ex alone surprisingly.

8. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    >_>

Maybe he's just never gotten around to it?

I mean, just cause Deux Ex is beloved by many doesn't mean that everyone under the sun 'has' to have played it in their lives.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. eissa

Jan 7, 2016
    “I played the original Deus Ex and enjoyed it a lot. Warren Spector is a master at layering complex plots and inferences. But Deus Ex always felt more like a conspiracy game than a cyberpunk game to me. Mirror’s Edge is great, but too clean. System Shock and Oni [from Bungie] are also good. Perfect Dark. Ghost in the Shell. Matrix. And Grand Theft Auto 3 is basically cyberpunk minus the hardware.”

“In the end, there has to be the right atmosphere. All echoes and dark city caverns. The right level of engagement. A world of human scaled characters fighting inhuman organizations, using technology to level to odds – but not to become supermen.”

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. eissa

Jan 7, 2016
    What is cyberpunk mean anyway..?

11. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    "Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction in a future setting that tends to focus on the society of the proverbial "high tech low life"[1][2] featuring advanced technological and scientific achievements, such asinformation technology and cybernetics, juxtaposed with a degree of breakdown or radical change in the social order.[3]"

So he's wrong about Deus Ex then cause it fits the bill for cyberpunk.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  12. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    Damn it, Square!

Looks like it can be confirmed that content was cut out of the game so that Square can sell their precious DLC for content that should have been in the game... This is why I doubt the quality of Squenix products, their executives are out of touch with their audience and etiquette.

13. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    I interpret it as him saying Deus Ex isn't offering the type of cyberpunk qualities he's after? Nothing wrong with that. Just like every fantasy setting doesn't have to draw inspiration from all fantasy settings before it. Often when you look at other works for inspiration, you go to the ones that do something similar to what you're after. The original Deus Ex, while set in a cyberpunk world, revolves almost solely around the premise that "every conspiracy theory is true", and not so much how technology has changed society and the hardships of its inhabitants.

Edit: I meant isn't, not is...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  14. mithrap

mithrap Ring a ding-ding, baby

May 17, 2016
    Come now, Dishonored II, Tyranny, the next Mass Effect, Torment, Beautiful desolation, Van Buren, Wasteland III, whatever Frictional Games is currently working on (give a try to SOMA by the way. A magical cure when we're feeling bad about the industry)... From AAA to indie titles, there are still promising titles. Don't despair.

We'll probably never have a next Legacy of Kain (or a remastered one) though. That's my disappointment in the industry, if you want to start archiving them.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. Irwin John Finster

Irwin John Finster Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 13, 2015
    Oh yes they sure did cut out a mission for pre-orders.

You know that opening scene in the original Deus Ex where they are nonchalantly planning their evil corporate schemes to screw over the general public for profit and power? It's pretty much what Square Enix was doing. The parallels between this game's themes and actual publisher are...depressing to say the least.

16. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
  17. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Well, what ever if the content was cut, or they just threw hastily some shit together to sell it as DLC, neither of it seems a great decision.

18. Irwin John Finster

Irwin John Finster Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 13, 2015
    At least Square Enix didn't sell this game in installments, piece by piece, like with the latest Hitman game lol.

Pretty sure they would think about it though. Though they probably have all the DLC finished anyway so I guess they're still selling the game to us in installments.

19. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    Jim Sterling talked about how they actually did divide the game into at least 2 parts.

20. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    So this game is being ported to linux and mac by a different company called feral (has a history of very slow ports, at least on linux). They have been tight liped about denuvo and how is that going to play into these ports (by all that is sacred, i hope they are not porting denuvo to linux, that would be.... awful) and i'm not even sure there is a mac out there that could run this title decently :D.