E3 Fallout News Thread

Give me New Vegas 2 or give me death! - Jogre said shortly before Toront hijacked his higher brain functions.

---

Things got deleted while merging.

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1001478823257542662

Bethesda dropped a hint that Fallout would be making an appearance at E3. I for one hope we will be getting something like the canceled Fallout Extreme RTS or a Xcom style Fallout Tactics sequel, but those are highly unlikely. Almost as unlikely as a possible Obsidian led isometric Fallout RPG.

Some of the ideas I have read boils down to more HD/VR remaster crap. Personally I think it will be something small like a Vault Dweller in Quake Champions or another Shelter update.

Carry on.

Thanks to Jogre for letting me take over his meat sack.

:boy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to keep mentioning it, but besides for my hope that they contracted another studio to make the game, what's the point of using the old Pipboy design?

Because Fallout is Star Wars now and we can't let the latest instalment have a personality of its own.

What do you want? Creativity?

D
I don't know, a reinterpretation of the earlier times of the Wasteland on the visual and technological era of the classic games to me feels more fresh than whatever Bethesda could do going forward in their own setting and style.

Say anyone checked out the site they linked in the trailer?

Is it one of those blank teaser sites with only the teaser vid and some links to social media?

talking about it, someone made a comparison of Falllout with Star Wars.

I had never thought of it, but it is so spot on.

I'm feeling super indifferent to this trailer. And this is sadder than if I was feeling something else, like rage.

To Caesar what is Caesar's. I really liked the news that this game is back on the timeline.

But at the same time, fuck this A-holes, they should have let Obsidian do this in New Vegas, as originally planned by them.

And I guess there will still be Super Mutants because of Bethesda's Vault 87 shenanigans in FO3. Though who knows if that's anywhere near Vault 76 I guess?

EDIT: I'm sure Bethesda will find a way to include them regardless. :P

Looking at Bethesda's official YouTube page and the comments posted at the trailer there (that just keep coming every second - literally) shows the mentality of your avarage person who's going to play this - they'll buy anything just because it has the Bethesda logo on it; "wow, woot, great game, bethesda!, my man!, amazing". Unless a miracle happens it'll be like Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, bland with no real Fallout character: going through a check-list of Fallout related things and applying them to your game doesn't make a good Fallout game. Dialogue is what can make any game feel better, and Bethesda has failed to deliver in writing for a long time: Bethesda's writing has been declining since Morrowind due to demands of kids who can't be arsed to read extensive dialogue written with an actual depth to it - probably because they don't actually read. Like Ken Rolston - who was formerly a big cheese at Bethesda - said when he was asked why they ditched the more extensive unvoiced dialogue from Morrowind starting with Oblivion "I'm told that fully voiced dialogue is what the kids want".

FB_IMG_1527694774518.jpg

Obsidian said they weren't involved, but curiously Chris Avellone retweeted the initial announcement, and didn't he post a Picture of himself huging Vault Boy or something couple of months back?

Edit: Apprently he changed his Facebook profile picture to himself hugging Vault boy some months ago but right now it's just a pic of his face.

Avellone works as a freelancer now, so he *could* be involved - but I'm not holding my breath.

Overall I feel uneasy. I'm definitely not buying it until its cheap af, bc they ripped us off with Fo4 and the season pass. It should be free as far as I'm concerned.

Positives: its place in the timeline is refreshing, if not underwhelming in light of everything else. They expressed disappointment with the dialogue system, so that will probably be improved. Farharbor and apparently, to an extent, Nukaworld were better than the base game so that could be a sign of the direction they'll take.

Negatives: given the overall trend for the franchise this will probably take it even further from its origins. It could be even more FPS focused, with more base defense bullshit, in an entirely radiant diversion filled world. Online...woohoo. Now I can argue with idiots who love the newest title the most while I'm in the process of hating the game. Multiplayer...great. So they'll spend even less time on the parts that make it a Fallout title.

I don't know, a reinterpretation of the earlier times of the Wasteland on the visual and technological era of the classic games to me feels more fresh than whatever Bethesda could do going forward in their own setting and style.

The thing is, that pretty much describes Fallout 3 and 4 as well, as there was no significant progress really despite nearly two centuries having passed since the great war.
Outside of a couple of settlements it could have just been twenty years since the bombs fell.

Honestly, the idea of Fallout Online used to interest me. But after seeing Fallout 4, I hope they just let the whole franchise die with some vestige of dignity.

The only thing I found interesting from the trailer was the use of the John Denver cover- its the most recently written song that has ever featured in a Fallout opening- along with the colour TV, it makes me think it the aesthetic will be later into the 20thC than Bethesda has done before. After all the bombs did drop in the 2070s

Disco vault confirmed?

Back