Edge of Twilight

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by maximaz, Jun 11, 2009.

1. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
  2. Serge 13

Serge 13 Cranium Cat oTO Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    yeah, me too. but thing is that i haven't seen a good gameplay footage and i have no idea what kind of game it is.

3. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    The design is gorgeous :crazy:

4. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    I like what I see.

5. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    Steampunk is pretty awesome. Anyway it's not a RPG or anything, it's a 3rd person Hack and slash in a style like Devil May Cry.

6. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Here is a trailer with ingame stuff. I love the music, but I am not sure if the gameplay will be my thing.

7. Serge 13

Serge 13 Cranium Cat oTO Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    :wtf:

okay, show is over boys. chop chop....this game ain't worth it!

8. fedaykin

fedaykin Vault Fossil

Jul 15, 2007
    Damn, I wish this was an RPG. Looks quite stylish.

9. maximaz

Apr 2, 2006
    Party pooper. I was really hoping this would be an RPG.

The music is friggin awesome. I dont remember any other game using the violin except Arcanum, it sounds fantastic.

10. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    design is pretty awesome, but the second they showed the real ingame content i was kinda 'meh'...

especially the blood was a huge turnoff to me.

11. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Looks nice. Anyway, it's console only. Not interested.

12. pkt-zer0

pkt-zer0 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 31, 2007
    It's coming for PC as well, actually. They don't advertise it because "PC gaming is dead" or whatever, I guess.

I really liked the blood effect, actually. It's so over-the-top.

Anyway, steampunk = interesting. Let's see whether they make a decent game out of it.

13. lugaru

lugaru Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 9, 2009
    That is one thing that I love about the X-Box, it has brought a lot of consoly games to PC with the games for windows thing. Honestly I havent played most of them (notably gears of war) but it is nice to have the option.

During the PS1 years I missed out on most computer games until like 1998 and since then I've played most computer games but nothing that came out for the PS2, nintendo or microsoft consoles.

14. Eyenixon

Eyenixon Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 11, 2008
    When that deep gruff voice-over began I started laughing uncontrollably, it just sounded so pissed off.
    Reminds me of the henchman in the first Max Payne which had the most outraged voice-actors.

"What the hell?"
    "PAYNE!"

15. Autoduel76

Autoduel76 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 14, 2007
    Its a waste to put atmosphere such as that, on that type of game. Honestly, its not worth the developer's time to flesh out a world like that, for a game of that nature.

16. Soviet Travolta

Soviet Travolta First time out of the vault

Dec 26, 2008
    I agree on that point, though on a more optimistic side, seeing this kind of design on more mainstream games may help prove publishers that audience is ready for something different, and therefore lead to more ambitious and original projects being funded.

Bioshock, for instance, didn't live up to some expectations, but proved that the market was able to appreciate something different than say Gears of War.

Of course, it may take many more years to be true.

edit: my pessimist side whispers that it's in fact just an attempt to sell the same shit disguised in new clothes, all over again.

17. maximaz

Apr 2, 2006
    Destructoid has some details

http://www.destructoid.com/exclusive-edge-of-twilight-the-rift-at-selann-136052.phtml[/url]

18. I_eat_supermutants

I_eat_supermutants Vault Senior Citizen

Feb 5, 2007
    The style of the game just looks so fucking tasty. I do agree with most other people who have already commented on this. It would indeed be awesome as an RPG.

But. I didn't play Bioshock because it was a shooter. I liked the atmosphere. Plus is was pretty.