Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 100LBSofDogmeat

100LBSofDogmeat It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 11, 2008
    Is this after he chugs 9000 penises? Honestly I couldn't give a shit about TES 5 after the frankly forgettable Oblivion and tepid "Fallout" 3. It's kind of weird that this news was even posted here... this -is- a Fallout site, yes?

EDIT: Ah, I see, Brother None... I guess that is related will keep from from hating "Fallout" 4 for a good while, not like I'll play it.

Well that explains why their games suck... huh.

Yeah, I knew they would use the ever-shitty Gamebryo engine again, ugh. Wake me up when Obsidian gets another crack at Fallout.

2. LiberNull

LiberNull First time out of the vault

Jun 13, 2010
    New TES will use Gamebyro?! OMGZWTF lolololol... thats
    just so wrong...

3. Blackened

Blackened I should set a cutom tite

Jun 29, 2008
    Wait, was I supposed to get excited from this trailer? Hyped? Inspired? It was boring like hell, and was a slow way to tell "we have dragon(s), and it's likely that the boss will be a dragon". So what?

4. babadook

babadook Background Radiant
    Orderite

Apr 2, 2005
    I am actually a bit excited. Looking forward to a new TES!

5. recombined

recombined First time out of the vault

Jul 16, 2008
    I'm loving the sarcasm in this thread. I mean that non-sarcastically.

6. gumbarrel

gumbarrel It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 18, 2010
    Of Course. The same way you are a mindless console fag if you liked Oblivion even slightly :roll:

7. Madbringer

Madbringer What is it that crawls behind the glass? Orderite

Apr 9, 2004
    Man, i hope they'll put some cool and rad stuff in the game. I hope the dragons will shoot lasers out of their eyes. And you'll be able to mount them and have dragon fights with lasers and you'll have laser spells that make things explode and your dragon can breathe laser fire that makes things explode and you can explode so stuff can explode and you can throw lasers and things will explode and you can throw laser dragons or summon robot dragons with lasers that explode explosions.

I'm hyped.

8. Threepwood

Threepwood Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 4, 2010
    It looked good.

Then the dragon appeared.

Why. Why. Why.

9. Khan FurSainty

Khan FurSainty Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Apr 23, 2009
    Because they wondered: - "Hmmm, what is the most generic thing we can put in a fantasy game? Wait... Of course!"

They are just getting prepared for the best game ever made: TES VI: Saving the princess from the dragon.

Hey, Nintendo did it.

10. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Even if mounted combat made it in, I imagine it'd be pretty much terrible anyway. Remember, this is Gamebryo, and in particular it's Gamebryo as used by Bethesda. In case you forgot what that means, I'd like you to boot up Oblivion again for a few minutes. :3

11. 100LBSofDogmeat

100LBSofDogmeat It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 11, 2008
    Haha, yes. It is amazing they are still using that shitty engine after all these years, it's sad actually. You'd think with all the money they waste on Todd Howard and marketing they would be able to hire someone competent enough to build them a better engine, or at least lease a better one.

And of course there's no news of "Fallout" 4, they haven't fully raped New Vegas of DLC potential just yet. After that is over, they will probably crank out another shitty "Fallout" game themselves... then, hopefully, give Obsidian another chance to redeem the series.

12. Korin

Korin So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    They are using a supposedly improved version of Gamebryo, not the same one as Oblivion or Fallout 3.

13. MutantDwarf

MutantDwarf First time out of the vault

Aug 5, 2009
    Meh - maybe it's just the frankly horrible writing that makes the voiceover sound so not good to me.

14. grayx

grayx It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 3, 2008
    Nobody said that. But let me guess: you must be a console player.

15. NiRv4n4

NiRv4n4 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 16, 2010
    Looks like some, implicitly, just did say that.

Hopefully the game will be cool. I hope the terrain of the map is diverse enough to feel interesting, and not just the same mountain+snow all around.

16. Gaddes

Gaddes Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 18, 2010
    Oh, no worries. I remember Oblivion in all it's shittyness. I'm actually busting out laughing at the prospects of mounted combat with Bethsoft grade animations. lol.

17. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Right. Move further discussion of TES V here

18. sampson70

sampson70 Still Mildly Glowing

Dec 1, 2009
    Bethesda have confirm that there using the light speed(gamebryo),and from the video I saw...the engine looks great!

19. gumbarrel

gumbarrel It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 18, 2010
    Not in this thread specifically, but you don't need to search far and wide to find that type of attitude on these forums :roll:

The only console I ever had was the NES. Nice try though :smugoticon:

What is sadder, actually, is all the people begging them to use ID Tech 5 (or whatever the new ID Engine is called). An engine, that we've never actually played on and that might be just as buggy as Gamebryo.

20. Korin

Korin So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    Do you have a link to where they confirmed that? I would really like to know if they're using Lightspeed or not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.