Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BgGuy

BgGuy First time out of the vault

May 3, 2010
    Hmm.. If i killed Kaga in first encounter I don't meet him anymore?

2. Dravean

Dravean Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Mar 6, 2005
    You shouldn't. After all, he's dead.

3. Don Grube

Don Grube First time out of the vault

Jan 9, 2008
    The Enclave soldiers during the Salvatore-Enclave meet-up are named soldiers. I suggest editing the name of the critter to soldier so that results like "soldiers is hit for 46 damage in the eye. the loss of an eye... blah blah blah" the plural doesn't work.

4. Chancellor Kremlin

Chancellor Kremlin Mildly Dipped

Nov 17, 2008
    Quick question, do I install Fallout 2 then Killaps patch, then the restoration project, or does the restoration project already include the patch?

Thanks.

P.S: Also, well done!

5. Elitech

Elitech Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 22, 2008
    Original game, then EITHER unofficial patch OR RP

6. Chancellor Kremlin

Chancellor Kremlin Mildly Dipped

Nov 17, 2008
    Cheers Elitech!

7. Vrede

Vrede It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 11, 2008
    HI all

Question:
    Are there any problems going on with Lenny the ghoul?
    He was supposed to change appearance with armor and he doesn't. All the others do.
    Also, Dogmeat lost his "attack voice" after giving him the armor from Broken Hills. As in... he does not make any sound when he attacks anymore.

Any solutions?

8. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Sound problem is a file naming issue. (Sound files are attached to critters based on their file names)

As far as I know, Lenny doesn't change clothes with armor.

9. Vrede

Vrede It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 11, 2008
    Thanks
    You would not happen to know which file is that?

As for Lenny, I thought it was based on the B-Team mod, where Lenny is definitely changing armor, but I could be wrong.

One more thing... is Kitsune supposed to level up?
    It doesn't for me, plus all the options in her combat control screen are greyed out.

10. carpediem99

carpediem99 First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2010
    She levels just fine for me.

11. joochian

joochian It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 1, 2010
    when is RP2.1 going to be ready to be downloaded?

12. Sicblades

Sicblades Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Aug 28, 2008
    o.O
    I couldn't help but LOL.

13. Psihotik

Psihotik It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 22, 2009
    The Restoration Project includes the killap's unofficial patch, so there is no need to install it if you're going to install RP.

14. Da_Dude

Da_Dude First time out of the vault

May 5, 2010
    IIRC, yes. Can I re-install the RP (just to be sure I didn't miss it), add the patches and still play with my current save-games?
    It just says "That does nothing" whenever I try to use the smokes on anything or anyone. Also, I've only found one pack in the entire wasteland so far, in Broken Hills. I hope the addicts get more. ;)

15. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    Went on a caravan from NCR to Redding, got killed in the first fight, restarted it, got a non-hostile encounter, moved on (left the map twice) and then the whole thing broke. The guards changed from the NCR policemen to random leather armor-dudes, after leaving the map I keep getting empty encounters up until Redding and when I arrive, there's nobody to pay me for the job.

PS on a sidenote, being able to by smokes at bars'd be nice

16. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Hehe. Has it started again!? :crazy:

I did say at some point that it would be about 2 weeks before everything is ready. Might even be earlier. Let's see if I can make this deadline... :roll:

EDIT:
    Cigarettes are rare since the only existing supply is what is left from before the War. Still, you'll find packs in a few more places (especially in RP 2.1).

17. xzel87

xzel87 First time out of the vault

May 5, 2010
    I seem to have a problem in Broken Hills.

When i confront Francis about the note and he decides to leave, my game crashes to desktop every time.

I found the dead people in the tunnels, used the binoculars and determined that they were shot to death, and yet I can only tell Marcus that i found "some tunnels under the city"...not sure whether a bug or there are some changes to the quest from 1.2.

And what happened to the entrance to the underground room in the general store in Broken Hills?.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o3w0zmj50zi/SLOT06.rar

18. killap

May 16, 2005
    Did you install the 2.0.2e patch from the first post in this thread?

It's still there, but very hidden by the rug. This has been addressed in the upcoming 2.1 release.

19. xzel87

xzel87 First time out of the vault

May 5, 2010
    I did, to be sure i copied and overwrite files again with the patch, seems to work so i dunno whats going on there. Although Marcus seems adamant about not wanting to admit i found the dead people, still blabbers on about tunnels.

20. killap

May 16, 2005
    @xzel87
    Oh, you might want to go look at the dead bodies again. It should work after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.