Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance if this has already been mentioned because I haven't checked the forum in a while, but here:

Broken Hills: I get the dialogue from the bartender about Liz's weapons cache. I go and talk to her, and get the ok to go into the basement, but there is not basement to go into.

also in Broken Hills, I got the quest from Jacob to break Manson and Franc out of jail, but I always go to Marcus and turn Jacob and Aileen in. For some reason I got the bad ending to Broken Hills, but when playing the regular version and the restoration project, I always got the good ending because I never turned on the mutants.

That's all I had. Great job on the work done by killap and everyone who made this project possible. Can't wait for the 2.1 release!

Pixote, i have small suggestion for the future releases:

In RP 2.0, the purple rugs seems too much colourfull for me, especially in Arroyo and other small villages. Hm, all of those rugs are many decades old, it's a pre-war stock. Now those tribals walks with dirty and bare foots on rugs; also dust and sand from the wastelands are everywhere. Poor rugs must be more dirty. :)

(No offense, it's my personal opinion. I like and appreciate your work.)

valcik said:
In RP 2.0, the purple rugs seems too much colourfull for me, especially in Arroyo and other small villages....Poor rugs must be more dirty.

The rug has been amended…I agree it was too colorful, but it is meant to be reddish not purple (must be a monitor thing). Anyway make your requests now, because RP will be released very soon, and I don’t want to be make endless art revisions.
rug001red.gif

So i have finally finished the RP 2.0 now and i had the following issues:

1. You can shoot through several walls at Salvatores room in the second floor to the west.
At the entrance to the Hubologist stash and through the closed door (the third one to the north when you came in ) at the Presidents level (Enclave).

2. Very often at random encounters the critters are not well placed so they are in the rocks (walls) or outside the entrance line

3.When i shoot with the YK42 i missed really the bullit animation.

I posted already some other issues in this thread hope "Killap" had read them... :wink:

Hope for the best in 2.1...

It was a really nice experience to play and see this improvement.
Fallout 2 is going better and better... Chapeau..Killap and all the others to this hard work done.

I hope for the best in 2.1... :D :clap:

TaapLuup said:
And now we play the waiting game.
It shouldn't be too long of a game. :P

I still have several bug reports that I need to go over before I release - both from 2.0 players and my 2.1 beta testers.

No need to check back here for release until near the end of the week. Then everyone can start poking me.

@smilodom
Thanks for the reports!

Another little matter of confusion.
When i was at the enclave sometimes i couldn´t take the objects laying on the ground (over the decompiled bodies in the pool of blood) even when i pressed "shift".

There are issues in Fallout 2 (in general) with blood splatters being drawn on top of items, particularly when a corpse decomposes, which is a bitch in the Military Base, when you wind up being unable to snag the data tapes off the ground for what can be an extremely long amount of game-time before the blood disappears.

I'm not really sure what you mean, but I know that it happens (at least in the Military Base) with killap's unofficial patch and not just the RP, and given the way it happens, I would not be surprised if it were an issue with the game as a whole, vanilla or not.

Another issue I've stumbled upon, in Modoc this time. Not sure if it's still an old vanilla FO2 bug or something new. At least the "restoration patch changes" text file says it should not be there.
The issue is - sleeping with Davin results in a permanent blackout (with only one Burning Metal Barrel slightly glowing in the corner of the screen - although it probably depends on the resolution used).

I've backed up the savegame right before the bug just in case.

FO2 1.0 US, RP 2.0.d (installer, all options on), RP 2.0.e, Sfall 2.9.
WinXP_SP3 (Mac OS X + VMWare).

PS. Tested it a little bit more. The main character is a woman, she can sleep with Miria without any problems, it's only Davin who causes troubles. Doesn't seem fair...

killap said:
abr said:
Please upload it somewhere so that I can take a look at it.
If you don't want to wait you can just use one of my saves. If you use the Reno one, the car is on Virgin street. (Yeah, it crashes for me to :))

smilodom said:
So i have finally finished the RP 2.0 now and i had the following issues:

1. You can shoot through several walls at Salvatores room in the second floor to the west.
At the entrance to the Hubologist stash and through the closed door (the third one to the north when you came in ) at the Presidents level (Enclave).

2. Very often at random encounters the critters are not well placed so they are in the rocks (walls) or outside the entrance line

3.When i shoot with the YK42 i missed really the bullit animation.

I posted already some other issues in this thread hope "Killap" had read them... :wink:

Hope for the best in 2.1...

It was a really nice experience to play and see this improvement.
Fallout 2 is going better and better... Chapeau..Killap and all the others to this hard work done.

I hope for the best in 2.1... :D :clap:

I personally had quite a bit of problems with the critters spawning badly, namely when I can't loot an enclave patrol who is stuck in rocks (But we can still fight) Or one spawns off screen and is shooting me.

By the way is renesco in New Reno supposed to charge when I demand my "Discount?" cause he does and I was disappoint..

killap said:
abr said:
Please upload it somewhere so that I can take a look at it.

The "blackout after having sex with Davin" savegame is at:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n2v0yc2m2e2/Blackout.zip

(You'll need to make character actually sleep with him, the blackout happens after clicking "CONTINUE" after "15 minutes passed...").

Another issue (very small - probably not worth a fix, just a bit funny). Probably a vanilla one. Nuka-Cola machine in Greetings Office, Vault City throws bottles through the wall if you place character to the right, instead of directly in front of it. Well, it actually spits them through the window, but it looks closed, doesn't it? The savegame: http://www.mediafire.com/file/32ndlf5zdkv/NukaCola.zip

(I've already used a coin on the machine there. It's outside the building, to the right of it, hidden behind the wall. Holding Shift helps to see its contour).

is that one of the machines that will damage you if you actually stand in front of it? I think that is intentional.

As for not being able to pick up items through blood, or off screen, the party orders addon solves this problem nicely, at least we have that, if the problem is beyond fixing.

As far as I remember, the problem with black screen after having sex in modoc is a vanilla one. It occurs when one of the followers is standing on the hex that a player is supposed to get moved to after the dialogue initiating the intercourse. Simply keep your followers out of the Miria's/Davin's room and everything should work just fine.

mobucks said:
is that one of the machines that will damage you if you actually stand in front of it? I think that is intentional.

I have no issue with that. As far as I understand it throws the bottles in your direction, and a little bit farther. The problem is - it doesn't check the walls, so the bottles end up on the other side of the wall.

DrapiChrust said:
As far as I remember, the problem with black screen after having sex in modoc is a vanilla one. It occurs when one of the followers is standing on the hex that a player is supposed to get moved to after the dialogue initiating the intercourse. Simply keep your followers out of the Miria's/Davin's room and everything should work just fine.

Could be, but it happens only for Davin, and each time I try it. Gotta try it w/o any followers. The reason I filed that as an issue is that the restoration patch changes file tells it has been fixed.

abr said:
The "blackout after having sex with Davin" savegame is at:
Got to the bottom of it. The problem was the result of the enhanced map changes. Stuff was shifted around, so the scripts were freaking out since things were now in different places. All fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back