Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reconite said:
I'm not sure if it's the RP that's doing this (probably not), but my in-game music is not working (in-game volume is up, don't worry about that). I've checked in /BlackIsle/Fallout2/Data/Sound/Music and all of the music files are there (albeit they are accessible through winamp because I have some add-on thing for it that lets me play .ACM files, dunno if that could be doing it or not).

I can't figure it out, can anyone help me out?

Check your fallout2.cfg file, which is in the same directory as fallout2.exe is. The config file should have two lines similar to this:

music_path1=data\sound\music\
music_path2=data\sound\music\

Sometimes those are not correct. It happens if you have deleted fallout2.cfg or if you are installing manually. In those cases, when you run fallout2.exe, a new fallout2.cfg is created which points to the wrong location. If I remember correctly, the location is "sound\music\", which is incorrect, since the music is in the data directory.

HarpsS1ngh said:
Poke poke poke!
:hide:

In seriousness, things are shaping up nicely. I'm waiting on a few things from people, but an end of weekend release should be possible. *fingers crossed*

killap said:
HarpsS1ngh said:
Poke poke poke!
:hide:

In seriousness, things are shaping up nicely. I'm waiting on a few things from people, but an end of weekend release should be possible. *fingers crossed*

Do you expect the savegames from 2.0.e to be compatible with new release or only the time will tell? I will try it anyway, but it would be nice to know beforehand if possible...

They will be compatible, but I HIGHLY recommend starting a new game. Too many reports are the result of broken installations, corrupted save games, etc. Doing a fresh install of the game and starting with a new 2.1 character is truly the best way to go. 2.1 is a significant maintenance release, which is why I say this. Still, 2.0x saves are just fine. You will miss out on map fixes from locations you have already been to though.

Tony Brasco said:
Check your fallout2.cfg file, which is in the same directory as fallout2.exe is. The config file should have two lines similar to this:

music_path1=data\sound\music\
music_path2=data\sound\music\

Sometimes those are not correct. It happens if you have deleted fallout2.cfg or if you are installing manually. In those cases, when you run fallout2.exe, a new fallout2.cfg is created which points to the wrong location. If I remember correctly, the location is "sound\music\", which is incorrect, since the music is in the data directory.
Thanks man, that fixed it. :wink:

Hi,
I've been fighting through the Klamath's undergroud solving the rat problem and then I encountered - Keeng Ra'at. When he attacked me I punched him in the head (critically) for 14 and he died.
I was suprised that blow for 14 knocked him out for good. I remember this fella having at least 60 HP to knock.
Is is some RP issue ? After smashing him for 14 he should have 46 HP's left. Or his head is the key ?
clipboard01xk.jpg

Sorkvild said:
Hi,
I've been fighting through the Klamath's undergroud solving the rat problem and then I encountered - Keeng Ra'at. When he attacked me I punched him in the head (critically) for 11 and he died.
I was suprised that blow for 11 just knocked him out for good. I remember this fella having at least 50 or 60 HP to knock.
Is is due to the RP patch Keeng Ra'at has had 11 HP's ?
It's due to the critical hit. Critical hits can have additional affects besides damage. In this case it was instance death.

Glovz said:
Sorkvild said:
Hi,
I've been fighting through the Klamath's undergroud solving the rat problem and then I encountered - Keeng Ra'at. When he attacked me I punched him in the head (critically) for 11 and he died.
I was suprised that blow for 11 just knocked him out for good. I remember this fella having at least 50 or 60 HP to knock.
Is is due to the RP patch Keeng Ra'at has had 11 HP's ?
It's due to the critical hit. Critical hits can have additional affects besides damage. In this case it was instance death.
Is this new to RP 2.0 then? I thought something fishy was up when Dogmeat critical hit one of Metzger's men for like 6hp and it killed him. :)

I have never had anything like this before. I can imagine a powerful blow to the head for 60 resulting in death but with 14HP's hit he should have 46 HP's left.

A damned pig rat is more tougher ...

I use new RP with Killap's mini update 2e, by the way.

Sorkvild said:
I have never had anything like this before. I can imagine a powerful blow to the head for 60 resulting in death but with 14HP's hit he should have 46 HP's left.

A damned pig rat is more tougher ...

I use new RP with Killap's mini update 2e, by the way.

He's not always that easy. You just got a very lucky critical hit. Instant kill critical means that regardless of the damage inflicted, the target dies instantly. They don't happen very often, high Luck, Better criticals -perk and high weapon skill helps.

If I recall, the rat god was vulnerable to hits in the head, improving chances of a better critical hit.

Hello, I haven't gotten the chance to try out the new version of this great project yet, but I've been reading though the fixes of new patches and noticed that a lot of then say something like "you must enter the "name" map for the first time for the fix to work". What exactly does this mean? Does imply that I need to enter a particular part of a city the first time I visit it?

Basically, you just go to the place that's being fixed, for the first time. Like, let's say there's a fix for NCR. If you've already been to NCR in your savegame, you're screwed. But if you go to NCR for the first time in that game, the fix takes effect.

Recon Rover Rick said:
Basically, you just go to the place that's being fixed, for the first time. Like, let's say there's a fix for NCR. If you've already been to NCR in your savegame, you're screwed. But if you go to NCR for the first time in that game, the fix takes effect.
Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense. Thank you for your reply.

killap said:
They will be compatible, but I HIGHLY recommend starting a new game. Too many reports are the result of broken installations, corrupted save games, etc. Doing a fresh install of the game and starting with a new 2.1 character is truly the best way to go. 2.1 is a significant maintenance release, which is why I say this. Still, 2.0x saves are just fine. You will miss out on map fixes from locations you have already been to though.

Heh, it will be a good excuse for me to replay both the fixed Fallout 1 RP & fixed Fallout 2 RP.

Hey Killap... Ever thought about making an add on that would give the merchants in The Den and New Reno body guards and weaponry to defend themselves? Because Every time I go to The Den, my first order of business is to kill Smithy and the other merchant that, despite selling shotguns and hunting rifles he decides to just punch you if attacked.
Not to mention the gun merchant in New Reno who despite selling miniguns and RPG's he only attacks you with a pistol if you try to kill him. I have a feeling the dev's didin't intend for getting gear this easily. And I personally find it a little to easy.

What do you think Killap?

I received the latest map fixes from Pixote and I have completed all the scripting changes (bug fixes, alterations, etc) that I have planned. The RP 2.1 beta testers have completed their testing. I'm currently waiting on one engine fix, which I would really like to get into this release. We'll see though. Other than that, I have to write up the latest documentation and RP 2.1 will be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back