Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drawnacrol

drawnacrol It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 5, 2010
    Great work Killap! I played an old version of the Restoration pack around a year and a half ago so looking forward to giving this is a bash when its out.

2. Matthews

Matthews It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2012
    On the first day of christmas
    the Beardude gave to me
    A Fallout beta for free
    On the second day of christmas

Right, improvisation has never been my strong side. Would be fun to honour you with something like this though. :P

3. Sithuk

Sithuk First time out of the vault

Dec 16, 2012
    I have installed the RP v2.1.2b and also the latest Hi-Res patch. I also copied across the RP maps directory from the Hi-Res patch.

I don't see a rock behind Klint with RP version text on it. I have "looked" at the rocks in the area and cannot see it.

I do have the version text info on the game master menu.

Have I mis-installed? I installed a fresh Fallout 2 install.

[EDIT SOLVED: the issue was that I replaced the RP mod map directory with the RP mod map directory in the Hi-Res mod. I should have copied the files in instead, rather than deleting those that were there. The rock is present now on the temple map at the start.]

4. parkhwan

parkhwan First time out of the vault

Nov 2, 2011
    oh mighty killap you are my hero!

5. xsarq

xsarq First time out of the vault

Apr 28, 2012
  6. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    @xsarq
    Hah. You didn't say "haz" though.

Things are a bit delayed here with the internal beta but I'm shooting for this weekend. Still coding up the final questline and still need the map from Pixote.

7. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    It's coming today, oh big bear. :P

8. killap

May 16, 2005
    Hah, no worries, man. I'm still coding away myself.

Much appreciated!

9. merenbach

merenbach First time out of the vault

Dec 21, 2012
    I've been following this thread for some time, with an ever-increasing anticipation. I just got through version 2.1.2b of the Restoration Project and (I'm hoping this is normal, considering the legendary replayability of Fallout 1 and especially 2) I cannot wait to play it again.

I'm holding off until the new release, though: may as well spend some time with the family. ;)

Thank you, Killap and everyone who has worked on the RP (and, for that matter, the UP) throughout the years. Happy holidays.

10. xsarq

xsarq First time out of the vault

Apr 28, 2012
    We will wait as always without bitching. Fan works has its own rights heck Professionals do it the same style when they are on professional level (hello blizzard and their work motto: "it will be done when it will be done")

Edit: I love this spellcheck, wish you guys made an option for gramma check too - it woud helps a lot.

11. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Killap the files have been sent, check your messages. Let the Beta begin... :P

12. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    Killap - i dont remember if you used Nsis or Inno for the installer but in case you used Nsis 2.46 i wanted to say that Inno supports LZMA2 now, with ultra compression it could be a nice option to reduce the size of the installer now. ;)

idk if Nsis at SVN supports LZMA2 now, so it's up to you to try it and see, which option is the best for you. ;)

13. killap

May 16, 2005
    @Felipefpl
    I use Inno but haven't updated beyond 5.4.3 since they dropped Win 9x support after that release. I do use the best compression option available though. Can't remember what it is...

I think in this day and age a 160 MB download is pretty small compared to the several GB patches being released.

@.Pixote.
    Awesome. I'll be coding away this weekend. Internal beta testing starting Sunday night, I hope. I'll keep everyone posted.

14. fixer_m

fixer_m First time out of the vault

Feb 1, 2012
  15. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Oh wow I didn't know this. I'll check which version mine is using...

"ultra64"

16. killap

May 16, 2005
    Are there any Windows 9x users (Windows 95, 98, ME) out there that can be part of the beta test?

It was brought to my attention that during installation of the RP one of my script files was failing for that OS. Makes sense since I was using a version of Visual Studio that only support Win 2k and beyond. I plan to address this in the upcoming release, but I don't have a system to test this on.

PM if you are have a Win 9x machine available. Worst case I might try and create a VM but this would save me time. :)

That's right, I care about legacy systems. :P Well, I kinda have to since the game WAS released on them.

17. Deevious

Deevious First time out of the vault

Apr 10, 2005
    Every time I decide to install and play this game after a few year hiatus I come back to more work that killap is putting into the game... Props to you, good sir!

I guess I'll play through FO1 and NV for the next week and wait for this to be released. Keep up the great work, it's very much appreciated!

18. Ddrenai

Ddrenai First time out of the vault

Apr 28, 2011
    I'm not sure if i can help,but i'm a Windows XP user. If you need an additional beta tester with this background, just let me know.

19. merenbach

merenbach First time out of the vault

Dec 21, 2012
    I consider you most fortunate. Ever since I stumbled upon the Restoration Project, I can't take a hiatus of more than five or six months, tops, before I get bitten by the bug to go back and try tweaking my character just a bit. ;)

Maybe there's a FAQ on this somewhere, but does Killap accept donations for the time that he and others have put into this project? Or a suggested charity of some sort?

20. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Bethesda might not like it if modders took money for a game they currently own the rights to... :roll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.