Fallout 2 Restoration Project Gameplay Thread

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Nevill

Nevill First time out of the vault

Mar 14, 2007
    Wait, there are tame geckos? I thought they go hostile after a while. Anyway, if I wanted to do that, I's rather use Cameron in the Temple of Trials. Steal from him, then beat him until he is afraid of you, then use him for practice.

I'm not using this 'tactic' anymore. I don't really have a problem with exp.

Already did. Running from encounters is so much easier now. But you need to live until you get lvl9 to get them. I think you perks do not accumulate, so you can't get 2 lvl6 perks if you do not choose one at lvl3

Why is that? Kaga can show up anytime. :)

2. teukros

teukros It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 5, 2010
    They do accumulate. Last play-through I took nothing until Level 12, then took both levels of Lifegiver, Gain Agility, and Living Anatomy all at once.

So if Kaga and/or his henchmen have any ranged weapons there will be a darkness penalty working against them (I think?)

3. clippertm

clippertm First time out of the vault

Oct 24, 2010
  4. utunnels

utunnels First time out of the vault

Aug 2, 2010
    And they can steal your stuff if you put them in a random bookcase.
    :wink:

5. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    I haven't altered the loot tables to shops in a way that would affect what items they give. Are you perhaps misremembering how those shops behave? Can anyone confirm that in the original game these shops gave better weapons?

6. clippertm

Oct 24, 2010
    Hello Killap,

Thank you for your reply.

This is weird.. Maybe New Reno Arms did not have an incredible stock, but I am quite positive that the "Big Guns" shop outside the NCR had proper guns. Now it only has like a combat shotgun and some low end ammo...

I played the game several times and I am also quite sure that I always knew what to do with with those caps.

It seems somebody else noticed the same thing:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=796425&sid=c5589a8b8d07413f3a7031cca94b51a6

(See post from matthewfarmery)

Could it come from YAMM?

Maybe using the Fallout 2 Market Booster mod would fix things? Is it compatible with the UP&RP?

Many thanks,

7. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    Dude, is that even a proper word? :P

@ clippertm

Are you a made man in New Reno? So you can ask to see the special stock?
    In NCR, did you check all three shelves or did you only talk to the shop owner?

Also, the stock they carry is somewhat random. Did you try to leave the map and come back after a week or so to get the merchants to restock?

8. clippertm

Oct 24, 2010
    Hello Derek,

I have not tried what you describe and I am going to.

Thank you for your advice!

9. Dravean

Dravean Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Mar 6, 2005
    Sorry if this is obvious, but you know that his stock is different depending on if you talk to the dwarven shopkeeper, or if you look at the shelves behind him, which all have different items for sale.

10. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Heh, according to the free dictionary and wiktionary it is. 8-)

11. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    Heh, that proves nothing man, just some Yanks gotten confused is all. ;)
    Really though, it's not in all dictionaries and it's debatable whether it's 'proper' or not.

To me it sounds like something that would come out of the mouth of a certain dumbass from Texas, just saying. :twisted:

12. Khefre

Khefre First time out of the vault

Nov 19, 2008
    I must be really stupid, since I cannot find this second area of the EPA. I would really appreciate some help. I'm in the main aboveground area but can't the green exit grid? I've looked everywhere.

13. smilodom

smilodom Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Apr 17, 2008
    @ Khefre
    The RP 2.1.2b has simply no more a second area... it was no longer aplied during the renovation of the EPA :lol:

14. Khefre

Nov 19, 2008
    Oh. Thanks! But I'm still lost about to fix the generator. Every time I try to fix it I get a notice that says you cannot get there.

15. ebbpp

ebbpp First time out of the vault

Sep 8, 2010
    Spoilers! You need junk to do it and only after you get the quest from holograms. You get to holograms through one of the vents by using pole on the middle fan.

16. Khefre

Nov 19, 2008
    I meant the Hologram generator. Every time I try to fix what I think is tied to the magnetic field problem it says I cannot get there.

17. ebbpp

ebbpp First time out of the vault

Sep 8, 2010
    Spoilers
    Aha- you need to enter the right room -it is next to(on the right) to the room where holograms are and use one of the computer and run diagnostic on it,after that you can repair it and magnetic field will calapse allowing the hologram generator to work well again.

18. Khefre

Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks!

19. BarackSays

BarackSays It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 18, 2008
    I accidentally saved while encountering Kaga :oops:

Is there ANY way around this?

20. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Let me guess, the save file is corrupted...if it has occurred just after leaving Arroyo then just restart the game, but in general you need a clean save before you enter any new town...and a separate quick-save, actually 2 separate quick-saves just to avoid this. I can easily have 30 separate saves before finishing the game, and if there is a problem with any particular location just load an earlier state and continue with the game. :wink:

PS: never quick-save during a fight, the chances of a corruption are higher. Killap has mentioned this many, many times...