Fallout 2 Savegame Editor

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by vad, Nov 3, 2008.

1. agris

agris Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 8, 2004
    Is it possible to get F12se to work with Fallout 2 RPU saved games? I'm using the most recent versions of both, and I get errors like this:

My configuration file looks correct, it is pointing to all the correct folders and exe / cfg. It is strange that in the error messages above, the path to fallout2.cfg is concatenated with itself. It appears correct in the F12se INI file. Also, fallout2.cfg isn't empty (or even open in another program). Despite that, I gather the real problem is the sfallgv.sav arrays messages.

2. vad

vad It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 23, 2008
    You have written full path in cfg file override, but this field is only for filename. Override fields should be left empty if mod doesn't change defaults. As I see filename is fallout2.cfg that means RPU doesn't change them.
    Support for sfallgv.sav was not finished, so this warning is safe to ignore. Just don't touch anything in "SFall" tab.

3. agris

agris Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 8, 2004
    That did it, thank you.

For others who may stumble upon this in the future. the F12se.ini lines:

fallout_cfg=
    fallout_exe=

Should only be set if using a non-default F1/F2 .CFG file (and only set the file name), as well as a non-default *.exe name. The "path=" line should be the full root Fallout 1/2 path, i.e. "X:\games\Fallout2"

4. Spydude

Spydude First time out of the vault

Mar 6, 2022
    I have a problem where my changes to my stats won't save. I do not have it in program files, and my fallout 2 does not crash. I don't get any error messages either. my path is: C:\Fallout 2
    thanks for the help.

5. vad

vad It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 23, 2008
    Do you press "Save" button under list of saves before closing editor? If you do and there is no error message(what I think is very unlikely), then enable all logging levels in settings.

6. Spydude

Spydude First time out of the vault

Mar 6, 2022
    I did a little bit of digging, and the editor does not update, its like fallout 2 and the program have cut connection. I can see my old saves, but I can't see any newly made ones. Maybe it's a problem with the path? also, where would i find all logging levels? thanks for the help.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022