Fallout 4 announced with official trailer

I never played Mass Effect but I saw some screenshots. Even seeing that though, when I said rabid Bethestards fixing it I meant going whole hog, like, even if the responses are a few words they would upgrade them to a few sentences at least. That leaves the writing up in the air, but that's a guarantee of better quality over Bethesda.
'
attachment.php

LOL'd
These dialogues are even more ridiculous and pathetic than I remembered
Actually it's hard to believe this is real, but I know it is. Maybe I should play it again and have a good laugh.

Last edited:
Vaults only became wacky experiments in 3, in New Vegas there are more beleivable Vaults, with the experiments being taken far more seriously and even some of them only failing due to human factors rather than wacky hijinks. Vault City shows that people really wouldn't need to completely abandon the Vault, it provides a relatively safe shelter from outside conditions but with GECKs and such they would be able to build a new society around their Vault. Maybe instead of disposing of Vault just make them more casual parts of the setting, like just backstory "This town was founded by Vault Dwellersafter exiting, they allied with tribals and vault dwellers from another relatively close Vault to rebuild this part of town" or something like the Powder Gangers and the Fiends using long abandoned Vaults (one due to internal conflict and an explosion that broke one of the walls and let dangerous animals in, and ambiguosly was where the Fiends came from; the other because the Fiends outright slaugthere the previous occupants) stuff like that.

that Dialogue with Eden is just so beyond cringeworthy, it's fucking hysterical. Anytime I hear a beth fanatic telling me how Fallout 3 is superior to NV, I just remind them of Eden, and everything goes quiet after that.

that Dialogue with Eden is just so beyond cringeworthy, it's fucking hysterical. Anytime I hear a beth fanatic telling me how Fallout 3 is superior to NV, I just remind them of Eden, and everything goes quiet after that.

"I know you've been butchering my patrols, sabotaging my plans, and you literally just said you were never going to help me, but I'm still going to just let you take the virus and just walk straight out of Raven Rock"

(And then take it to our sworn enemies, to whom every scrap of available evidence suggests you are unflappably loyal, who will then fight their way to a water purifier we already control, so you can betray them for no reason by putting it in the water supply, at every step of the way risking being killed by one of my own soldiers who won't even know they're impeding my plan, and could easily just fly across the map in 10 minutes and do the exact same job themselves)

I'm kinda torn about the voiced protagonist. It's certainly not what you'd expect for a Fallout game or any RPG with full character creation, but it did work in games like Gothic.
And if they try to emulate Gothic instead of TES this time... Dunno. Could make for a good game. Bethesda might not have the best track record when it comes to writing, but hey, there's a first time for everything.

Holy shit, the game was just fucking announced guys. I'm sure a lot of things will change until release. Maybe instead of complaining here, go and complain at Bethesdas forum, maybe if enough people complain about things they will take your suggestions into account. And so what if the character is voiced? Maybe you will only have to hear him talk when you have a conversation with an important NPC. When you talk to other less important NPC's he doesn't say anything. I don't want to read your replies anymore, it makes me not want to get the game. I came here hoping to find more information about Fallout 4, not people complaining over speculated and rumored things.

Bethesda ain't that fucking retarded are they? They must know people will bitch and moan a lot if things are not how they expected.

Last edited:
Maybe instead of complaining here, go and complain at Bethesdas forum, maybe if enough people complain about things they will take your suggestions into account.
tumblr_lxyyl8b9ix1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

That far into development, I am sure they would love to hear NMA's suggestions.

I guess that's the reason they only announce their games when they're mostly done, so they can safely ignore all criticism and complaints :D

I never played Mass Effect but I saw some screenshots. Even seeing that though, when I said rabid Bethestards fixing it I meant going whole hog, like, even if the responses are a few words they would upgrade them to a few sentences at least. That leaves the writing up in the air, but that's a guarantee of better quality over Bethesda.

'
attachment.php

Bethesda ain't that fucking retarded are they? They must know people will bitch and moan a lot if things are not how they expected.
Well, they force their children to write dialogues so.

1.jpg

Last edited:
That far into development, I am sure they would love to hear NMA's suggestions.

Um hi yes excuse me, would it be ok if you removed all the Blade Runner stuff from the game please? Androids don't really fit into Fallout lore. Oh and um, can you have it so the character doesn't come from a vault? And can you not set it in Boston? It'd be great if we could have a game that isn't just Fallout 3 again. Sorry? What do you mean you have to rewrite the entire game......?

Seems like 'announcement week' is when all the angry people from both sides of the fanbase come out to hurl rocks at each other

You don't see rocks being hurled from both sides, to be fair. You have the "I'm cautiously optimistic" people, the "meh, this is probably gonna suck" people and the "OMG why the negativity, I registered just to say that whoever bashes the game is lying and will end up buying it anyway so just stop whining" people. Only see one of these as hurling any kinds of rocks.

That's... actually a fairly rational way of looking at it.

Perhaps I shan't worry too much, then. I'll just go sit with the cautiously optimistic folks then and wait for E3 to either break my heart or convince me this is gonna be great.

Seems like 'announcement week' is when all the angry people from both sides of the fanbase come out to hurl rocks at each other

You don't see rocks being hurled from both sides, to be fair. You have the "I'm cautiously optimistic" people, the "meh, this is probably gonna suck" people and the "OMG why the negativity, I registered just to say that whoever bashes the game is lying and will end up buying it anyway so just stop whining" people. Only see one of these as hurling any kinds of rocks.

That's... actually a fairly rational way of looking at it.

Perhaps I shan't worry too much, then. I'll just go sit with the cautiously optimistic folks then and wait for E3 to either break my heart or convince me this is gonna be great.

Well most of us that think F3 isn't such a great role playing game and that Fallout 4 will follow in its footsteps have somewhat grown up :razz:

To be more serious though, I think the fact there was also Vegas has helped a lot. I mean you know, it shows perfectly well what you can achieve, if youre willing to do so. There no doubt that Vegas had better oportunities for role playing and better writting. It works as a mirror that you can use when ever it is about how Fallout 3 and Bethesda saved Fallout as franchise and such. It's like, yeah look what Obsidian achieved in such a short time and why didn't Bethesda in like 3-4 years?

Last edited:
http://www.destructoid.com/is-this-old-fallout-4-leak-true-no-gender-options--293262.phtm

Rumor it takes place 10 years after FO3, no gender select for main game.

Instant dislike. That's a fucking terrible idea.

Since the home the dog goes through is not nearly 210 years after the apocalypse (curtains, rug, Mr Handy box all still exist, they would have disintegrated in 30+ years) it can be max 5 years after the bombs fell

Since the home the dog goes through is not nearly 210 years after the apocalypse (curtains, rug, Mr Handy box all still exist, they would have disintegrated in 30+ years) it can be max 5 years after the bombs fell
In Failout 3 there is an old market near the prospering town and there is still edible food in it (exactly 200 years after war), so don't try to apply logic here

I agree with mef on this one. The list of logical face palms that Fallout 3 has are abundant.
Aliens, "vampires", Harold's migration to the east coast for fan service, which fell flat on it's face, lack of farming communities, 400 year old functioning lever action rifle, a community of children, the plot.
List goes on and on and on.

I hope Todd Howard Voices the main character....Would be so Epic Sauce.
Then I can jerk-off to The Messiah Of RPG while playing.

Back