Fallout 4 - Mods Now Available for Xbox One

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by NotAcasul, May 31, 2016.

1. mrchaos

mrchaos Super Orc

Nov 14, 2015
    I´m kinda out of the loop here, has the g.e.c.k. or the creation kit or whatever is called now been realeased for the PC version yet?

2. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Well ... to some RPGs they are ... take away skill checks, particularly from a game like Fallout ... and what do you get? A travesty like F4 that is closer to Call of Duty than anything else.
    Skill checks can be done completely without a narrative, or any dialog. They are more a part of the chosen gameplay than the story and narrative. The fact that you can have ALSO skill checks in dialogue, doesn't mean that it would be purely a story element. Have you ever played games like Jagged Alliance? Or X-Com? If your character didn't have certain skills, they would always fail at certain tasks. Like planting mines and explosives, or sneaking up on enemies, more viewdistance in the dark, better sniping and so on.
    Skill checks, are NOT seperated from gameplay.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  3. Jogre

Jogre It's all JO'Ger now

Oct 25, 2015
    The Science skill in Fallout 1 only ever comes in handy for gaining extra XP now and again, and there are barely any points when Speech checks come in handy. Like, I talked down the Master, the last boss of the game, with 3 Charisma and 0 points added to speech.
    Suppose that's an alternative way of looking at things. For me it meant that I dumped my companions the moment I got Power Armor.
    It wasn't bad when compared to what Bethesda did with Gamebryo, but it definitely needed some work.

4. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I must have played a totally different game :confused: enemies rarely land criticals on me because I have MAX Luck and some playthroughs I even play with the Jinxed trait which makes things quite fun. Also I love the difficulty and I think Fallout 3 had it way more unbalanced, by level 5 the player can already kill pretty much anything and not to mention never die due to unlimited stimpack usage and instant healing. Also in Fallout 3 we have mini nukes... Which kills everything easy (except Behemoths but those are just bullet sponges).

In Fallout 1 we need to actually run away from some battles, and that to me makes sense, I think many players think the game is really hard because they try to defeat everything straight out of the vault and just get killed.

Uses of speech in Fallout 1:
    Science might be more useless, I never play with a scientific character so I don't know all of the uses but I think it only applies to hack robots and terminals :shrug:.

5. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    No, we only must aware that supermutants are sterile and that's it. No correlation to science skill. End of cool story.

6. Jogre

Jogre It's all JO'Ger now

Oct 25, 2015
    I agree that having to run away from battles is a good thing, but Fallout 1 is only ever too easy or too hard. Throughout most of the game I'm either grinding to level up, or just one-shot killing Supermutants. Fallout 2 is far better in this regard IMO, as it is always difficult enough for you to use strategy, and to run away if theres too many, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes very doable. Plus, in FO1 I found that as soon as you get Power Armor, it becomes way too easy, and I practically waltzed through Mariposa, whereas in Fallout 2 it maintains the moderate difficulty throughout.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  7. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    But the way Science checks came were beautiful, though, the way I see it. With the sufficient Science, you can help teach that farmer in Shady Sands a better farming technique, that although doesn't really count toward the ending, is what I think helped greatly in growing Shady Sands into the capital of the NCR. But I digress, since it's probably one of, if not the only Science check I can think of off the top of my head at the moment. Fallout 2 certain got more Science checks.

Anyway, with the Master, you can convince him with zero Speech if you got Vree's holodisk, doesn't necessarily means it's as useless as you thought it to be. Speech has always been useful since Fallout 1, as elaborated by Risewild.

8. Ragemage

Ragemage Wept for Zion

Feb 20, 2016
    Sure, I'll send a link in the inbox.

I'm not so sure about that. I remember having Speech as one of my tag skills and it came in handy quite a bit, particularly when working with the scums of the Earth, such as Decker, Gizmo, and the Great Khans. I can't remember too many situations where it came in handy for "good" characters per say but for evil/neutral chaotic characters it was a lovely perk to have. For example, one of the only drug dealers in the game won't even talk to you unless you have a high enough speech. You could just kill him for his inventory but he's pretty much the only seller of radaway around the time you're heading to The Glow. As another example, if you are playing someone who's neutral and you do a both of Decker's assassination jobs, with a high enough speech you can still turn him in to the sheriff and get away scot-free without ever being connected to the murders. Lots of scenarios like that.

Yes, it's been out since April. http://www.thebitbag.com/fallout-4-mods-use-xbox-one-ps4-creation-kit/154898 It's called the Creation Kit now though.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  9. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    I forgot about that, I agree except I didn't have max luck and I wasn't getting hit by criticals very often.

I agree, people are too used to Bethesda's level scaled enemies because once they play a game like Fallout 1 and head into an area with enemies that'll pancake them, you hear things like "The game won't let me pass through because enemies are tough" and "I want to go through here and the enemies are too hard to kill".
    I enjoy "Oh no" zones since that means I can't kill everything coming from the vault unlike post Morrowind Bethesda games where I just kill enemies the same level or 2-3 levels higher than me.

10. NotAcasul

NotAcasul meanie

Mar 17, 2016
    By your definition does that mean Fallout 4 has skillchecks?

11. NotAcasul

NotAcasul meanie

Mar 17, 2016
    The hitler thing was me mocking you for calling me a fake Fallout fan.

12. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Yes fallout 4 does have skill checks. From what I can tell they're all on the U.S Constitution quest. And like fallout 3 they're only used to skip something (more radiant quest in this case) you may not want to do. Their presence there only highlighted how.severely the game was lacking them.

13. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Sure, I have seen a couple of them in videos. The few there are ... that is. Even if Beths implementation of skill checks is pretty bad, they are still skill checks after all ...

14. Izak

Izak I Shot The ALBATROSS

Jan 29, 2016
    I think you quoted the wrong post there Crni...

15. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    More like stat checks, since Fallout 4 doesn't have skills. Still, a lil bit of stat checks here and there won't be enough to legitimize Fallout 4 as an 'RPG', let alone having a good RPG-gameplay mechanics, just like only a handful (like 9/10?) chances to act 'evil' (more like act asshole-ish instead proper evil) doesn't make Fallout 4 a game where you can play a truly, proper evil character.

16. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
    Maybe you guys should get PC's and download nexus mods and you can get mods for all games, like all 3 and NV, and all the Elder Scrolls games.

17. Pvt Snowball

Pvt Snowball First time out of the vault

Nov 2, 2015
    You had Battlecross though lol

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. a721402

a721402 Played FPS for decades still suck at it.

Mar 29, 2016
    I never understand why some fellow believe calling other something like Hitler or Autistic will let him win a argument.

19. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
    Moving swiftly on from that, try to get back to what the thread was about, not some abhorrent guy spewing trash.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Cynical Cunt

Jun 15, 2015
    Almost forgot about ole Battleclown! Guess he didn't leave that much of an impact. Now Dragonborn on the other hand, that was a legend! :lol:

• [Like] [Like] x 1