Fallout 4 Mods will be available on Xbox One

WorstUsernameEver

But best title ever!
While speaking at the Microsoft E3 press conference, where he showed a slightly different and much shorter version of the Fallout 4 demo from Bethesda's E3 conference, Todd Howard announced that Bethesda finally managed to bring mods to consoles, something that the company has been working on for a very long time. Howard didn't really share any details on how exactly that would work out besides generally noting that Xbox One players would be able to play and share mods made on PC, and it's not clear if this will also apply to the PlayStation 4 version of the game, but this is good news for console gamers.

Also, given Xbox One is apparently going to be made backwards compatible with Xbox 360 titles with an updates, Bethesda will also be including free Xbox 360 copies of Fallout 3 with every Xbox One Fallout 4 copy.

They ould need to develop a Mod organizer application in Xbone if they want this to work and not just break the game or make the consoles explode.

They'll probably have something similar to Fallout Mod Manager that will scan the mod to see if it's compatible with the game save or not.

Since the Xbox One will have backwards compatibility, I wonder if I'll finally be able to have that Adventure Time weapon mod for my 360 Skyrim game save now.

If Fo4 will be for the current consoles what Fo3 was to the last generation, then you will be able to install two or three mods, then run out of memory and get back to crashtown.

Last edited:
If Fo4 will be for the current consoles what Fo3 was to the last generation, then you will be able to install two or three mods, then run out of memory and get back to crashtown.

Fallout is not made for consoles and it's a shame they cannot do split versions. (ie: low settings, split worldspaces for consoles, configurable settings, one big worldspace without loading screens for PC)

This is gonna be an amazing trainwreck, people will brick their consoles, corrupt their installations and make their games unplayable.

This is gonna be an amazing trainwreck, people will brick their consoles, corrupt their installations and make their games unplayable.

And all because Bethesda wants to stupidly appease everyone but fans of the original games and make their games be Mass Effect in a retro post-apocalyptic setting.

Like I said before, I am really looking forward to Bug montages with a remix of Howards "It just works" statement in dubstep.

Maybe they'll fix those nasty fucking bugs the GECK has. I.E light rendering bug. Oh and better scripting support would also be good.

I'm wondering how modding for the console will work..

Last edited:
Maybe they'll fix those nasty fucking bugs the GECK has. I.E light rendering bug. Oh and better scripting support would also be good.

I'm wondering how modding for the console will work..

One task in Cry Engine takes like 3 hours.

In the GECK it takes up to 3 months.

Truly the best modding kit ever.

Maybe in a way where mods have to be approved first which means 90% of the content will be filtered out somehow where you can only "download" and use certified mods? No clue. Like I said in a different topic, don't expect the console to work here exactly like the PC. I mean look at Skyrim, F3 and New Vegas how much aditional content those games have with script extenders and all that. I don't see how that could really work on the console. Not with how Microsoft and Sonny act.

Maybe in a way where mods have to be approved first which means 90% of the content will be filtered out somehow where you can only "download" and use certified mods? No clue. Like I said in a different topic, don't expect the console to work here exactly like the PC. I mean look at Skyrim, F3 and New Vegas how much aditional content those games have with script extenders and all that. I don't see how that could really work on the console. Not with how Microsoft and Sonny act.

I bet there won't be any script extenders. [for consoles]

Last edited:
I wonder how they would control the maximum amount of ram a Mod can use?
mods like Project Nevada and stuff all seem to bump up the Ram usage of NV.
are they going to have some kind of approval system or performance check?

alot of varibles to consider

edit: just looked up how much ram xbone actually has: 8gb. that seems like it's got enough for most mods.

Last edited:
That is pretty cool, actually.

OT, I noticed there was no news post on here about the launch of the Bard's Tale IV kickstarter. It's not post-nuclear, but it is inXile.

I can guess as long as they make a mod manager and somehow get script extenders to work, this won't be a total failure.

It'll probably demand an install though.

I agree with your theroy, and could see something like "certified" mods making it to the XBONE

I doubt that, it would require constant administration by Bethesda on something they won't be making any money from, and the ybarely can conjure up enthusiasm for QA'ing the game and content they are making money from so.....

Back