Fallout 4 Rumors: Trailer shown at E3?

Sander

This ghoul has seen it all
Staff member
Admin
Orderite
A couple of days ago, Bethesda's Pete Hines hinted in a talk with OXM that they were working on a new title, but that they were not yet ready to announce it. At the time it seemed likely that Hines was talking about Fallout 4, because Bethesda loves to hint and tease when they're two years in development of a game and everyone knows they're already making it.

Rumors were bound to start surfacing with E3 just around the corner, and that's exactly what happened. A member of Bubblenews.com posted an article which claims that Bethesda showed a 37 second teaser for Fallout 4 behind closed doors. The site then offered a list of information on the game, with the most notable bulletpoint being the location: Boston. Also, it has Vaults for those of you who thought Fallout 4 was going to be set in Pink Ponyland.

Please note that Bubblenews.com is a website where users are paid for the articles they post, basing on the amount of page views their articles get. In conjunction with dubious claims of co-op play, this article should be regarded as, at best, unverified rumours, and, at worst, an attempt to cash in on traffic generated by Fallout fans starved for news.
<blockquote>
> Fallout 4 has been in development since January 2011 by a small team, as the majority were working on Skyrim.

> As of February 2013, the team working on Fallout 4 is the size of the team which was working on Skyrim. This is due to Skyrim development ending.

> As it stands now, Fallout 4 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. However, this is still subject to change.

> The actual announcement for Fallout 4 will come BEFORE E3 2014, but will NOT launch in 2014.

> The expected launch is in October 2015.

> The game is (as of June 2013) 55% complete, consequently, voice actors will be hired towards the end of 2014.

> There is no planned multi-player, but there is a possibility of Co-Op locally.

> The game will take place in Somerville, Cambridge, Arlington (and surrounding areas). The main setting is in a Post-Apocalyptic Boston. However, this area will not be immediately accessible.

> The story is not clear, however, Vaults exist.

> The 37 second trailor starts starts with a half-broken phone sparking. The scene pulls out slowly with the stereotypical music you would hear. Slowly you work out the scene is pulling out of a belltower. As it pulls further out, you see a destroyed town around. This is Boston. Suddenly, you hear the bell chime loudly, and the screen changes black instantly. The words of Ron Pearlman are heard "War... War never changes...". The logo for Fallout 4 appears with the 5 platforms above listed.</blockquote>

Yeah, I don't believe any of this. This Boston thing has been a rumor for a while and all of the "leaked"info has been completely false so far.

I'm not sure why we're even posting unsubstantiated rumours. No Mutants Allowed always focused on credibility. Why change that?

The source lacks credibility. An obscure news site where anyone can post articles? The author is a 28 year old British woman predominantly interested in modelling? Does not sound legit.

EDIT: Updated the newspost with some research. Bubblenews members get paid for pageviews. Makes an already suspicious article pretty much an outrageous attempt to cash in.

Still its not the first rumor about Boston and institute. I won't be surprised this being legit.

The first rumour about Boston was posted on Reddit and was confirmed to be a fake one.

The whole thing with Boston is related to mentions of the Institute in Fallout 3, no more.

Their servers crashed. Somewhere in Britain, a 28 year old woman is laughing at the gullibility of Fallout fans and planning what to do with all the revenue her article generated.

Tagaziel said:
The first rumour about Boston was posted on Reddit and was confirmed to be a fake one.

The whole thing with Boston is related to mentions of the Institute in Fallout 3, no more.

Ok. didn`t know it was debunked.

Look At Me, Look At Me!

Look At Me, Look At Me!

Tagaziel said:
I'm not sure why we're even posting unsubstantiated rumours. No Mutants Allowed always focused on credibility. Why change that?

The source lacks credibility. An obscure news site where anyone can post articles? The author is a 28 year old British woman predominantly interested in modelling? Does not sound legit. ...

Here is my wild swig at credibility.

I will not burden anyone with four dimensional, Newtonian facts, aspiring to the more marketable cyber social *immersive* imperative of agreed opinion!

The very heady air we must breathe or 'sigh'. :(

If our dearest Sander pitches a lemon then it is possible to field a pitcher and squeeze some lemonade!

Whether one prefers cane to fructose, the candidate for sweetener could be,

one could project this persona of the self promoting performance arts,

whispering in theatrical and potential ASMR timbre:
1359306246_1368872601.jpg

:nod and wink: O.K. really, you caught me, it's all about ME!

Here's your chance to lay back and enjoy the tingle, or not, of a free will posting in the vocabulary of primordial emotional nuances!

All associated, steeped, no dipped in the vat of unrequited ... rumor.

Do not smoke while one savors, for the olfactory sensations are as delusional and not to be missed.

4too

This fake thingy does bring up something rather interesting, however.

The 5 platforms.

If we assume that "Fallout 4" or whatever is actually in process of making (it will certainly see the light of day, question is when), it will most likely be made in the Skyrim engine (don't remember the name).

That engine runs on current generation of consoles, as already proven, and will most certainly be optimised for the next generation.

The question remains - will Bethesda actually opt for making the game for both generations?

That highly depends on the state in which the game actually is (I call bullshit on 55%, but I do believe it is in making, beyond the concept stage), but I don't actually see why Bethesda wouldn't look for an opportunity to cash in some more by making a game for older consoles.
They have the assets, after all.

All predictions are that PS4 will beat XboxOne in sales, and that many Xbox360 owners aren't interested in buying One, so there's a reason more.

However, no matter how you look at it, I think PC players will *again* be marginalized, and if this is really a penta-platformer, even more than before.

Or I could be really full of shit right now. Pay me.

Tagaziel said:
We can always bash the bad/corrupt gaming journalism, as there were picks on the issue before this one :P

Surf Solar said:
People care what "Fallout" 4 will be?
I think a saw a few of them the other day. I did stay on my side of the street, though.

/back in the hole for more lurking

Zoom out of washington thing, tada! Fallout 3. Go play it and defeat the evil enclave!

Zoom out of boston thing, tada! Fallout 4. Go play it and defeat the evil android oppressors!

If this is true and journalists eat this shit up it shows how terrible people are.

Well, they already call "Destiny" (lego alien reskin of halo with mmo features) "brilliant gamedesign", so it's too late now. . .

Back