Fallout 4 score preview

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    He is not orchestral enough for the new Fallouts >_>

Anyway Fallout 3 was a hit and miss for me. Some of the music was really good. Other tracks just bored me to tears. Or even felt unapropiate. I just never saw Fallout as this epic game with epic music and epic orchestras. I might be biased and tainted by nostalgia. But Mark really hit the spot with every location, I guess the reason is because the Music doesn't get in your way. Each location creates its own tone. It is the same feeling I have with Diablo 1/2 for example. The Music is there to support the game, not the game to support the Music if you get what I mean. Tristram, Mephs dungeon, Diablos Lair etc. Or in Fallout for me Redding, the Cathedral, Vault City and so on. It was simply ambient music, not epic orchesral music.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Don't get me wrong I love orchestra... just Mark Morgan's work fitted better.

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010

A lot of Mark Morgan's work on the Fallout soundtrack is very derivative of Aphex Twin tracks.

4. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Apologies then. It's still great music that really works for Fallout.

5. GarouxBloodline

GarouxBloodline Warmaiden of the Wastes

Mar 2, 2013

6. How do you guys feel about this song? I like that they brought it back in New Vegas, fit really well when I was doing Boone's quest in Novac.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  7. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Moving Target

Nov 8, 2012
    I find it...ehh...it just slogs on without any tension or development. I realize it's supposed to be ambient, but it's so...dull.

8. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Creeps inside... Mark Morgan's ambience music... leave quietly...

9. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    I recall hearing he had very little direction from Bethesda on the game and had a few weeks to make the soundtrack. I think he's a decent enough composer, but anyone who doesn't get involved in the game's development is probably going to make something generic and not-super-well-fitting no matter what.

10. SorgFall

SorgFall Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 2, 2007
  11. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
  12. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    No. It's third party concept art made by the STATIS team. STATIS is a isometric point and click adventure game and as part of the games promotion they made concept art of various games in an isometric perspective.

13. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    If only, if only...

14. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    All we can do is think about what could've been...

15. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    It makes me sad...