Fallout 76 Wastelander add-on released

So the Wastelander add-on for Fallout: 76 is being released today after a few delays. At adds human NPCs to the game, so it's like 5% on the way to a full game now?

Is anyone here playing Fallout: 76?

T
You are a noob. We must assume you love Bethesda until you put on a fancy avatar and develop a personality for us to remember.

Yeah, game's having a turn-around in ratings on Steam. It's Mostly Positive at 70% right now.
I hope the gaming industry gets worse. I hope the lootbox regulations fail. I hope microtransactions become even more insidious. I don't buy AAA titles at release anyway so I don't care. Gamers keep supporting awful business practices so fuck it; I hope they get worse. I hope they get everything that they deserve. See, even if Wastelanders had been good it still wouldn't excuse any of the other shit Bethesda pulled. And by the way, microtransactions are still there and "private" servers are still behind a paywall of 100 bucks a year. But hey, let's give Bethesda props for doing the bare necessity for an actual game.

Gamers don't deserve a better industry and I hope it turns worse so I can see them bitch and whine about things while still shelling out cash to be shat down their throats. While I won't get any entertainment from AAA games I will get entertainment from watching it all rot and decay while mad men run around praising and condemning it at the same time.

I knew that so long as it wasn't a total trainwreck that the people would come around and l was right. They wiped some of the shit off of their rusty keys and started dangling them in front of the unwashed masses again and they shriek with glee to finally hear that good ol Bethesda jingle jangle.

I don't see how I'm supposed to take any outrage coming from these fuckers seriously anymore when it can turn around this easily. Like I said, they deserve everything that's happened and more. Oh god I want more. I want the AAA gaming industry to become even worse. I want to see just how predatory and insidious it can get. If anything it'll be good for a social experiment of the human psyche.

I keep thinking about that stupid expression "That is why we can't have nice things" but in general it rings true. Not just in gaming of course but also in real life but we are talking about games at the moment.

These gamers indeed complain when a game franchise they follow is changed or a spin off is made that differs from the main series, but with this complete turn in opinion despite that this expansion does not address any of the serious issues this game has (for one, even as a multiplayer game it falls serious short and it further weakens the franchise it is part of) this audience is making itself irrelevant.
If complaints can be overcome by superficial fixes it gives publishers only the signal that not more work needs to be done in design and execution or that the people that headed this project should perhaps not be in charge of another game.

One of the reasons why some people were upset by the Epic Store was because it was announced that publishers were going to be the guiding force and that the opinions of customers was irrelevant despite that they are the ones who will pay for the product so that publishers can make back what they spend and some profit on it.

But if audiences are so quickly subdued or changes their tune the publishers can indeed ignore their customers because they will buy the product anyway, it almost sounds more like an addiction on the part of the customers.
"Let is buy it anyway because there is nothing better." There is nothing better because you consume what is put on front of you anyway than sticking to any of your criticisms why you feel that gaming is in decline.

Perhaps current circumstances and future consequences will have effect on the gamer community, gaming is after all a luxury and not a necessity and when disposable income start to drop these people will have to choose between sugary crud, fast food, weed, and whatever else they use to blank out their lives and video games.
Gamers who depend on their parents and their credit cards will probably feel this even sooner.

I can be wrong of course but I like to think that the gaming industry is also an increasing bubble that sooner or later is going to pop, at least the triple AAA industry as mobile games will probably survive anyway.
And that because of the current crisis the first cracks will start to show.

T
It is an addiction. Just like all this online shit is.

According to @AgentBJ09 who is keeping an eye on Fallout 76 and it's drama, Bethesda is hiring people to throttle negative reviews, are paying for good reviews and are hiring "game journalist" from sites like Rock, Paper, Shotgun and Polygon to write fluff pieces and go to bat for them with any criticism people have for the Wastelander DLC. By the way, on Steam there is no review graph for Fallout 76 Wastelander DLC. No doubt this is Bethesda's doing.

It's not like Fallout 2 or New Vegas had technological advancements that were Post-War.
Humanity can't improve in Fallout, it must be in total shit for all eternity. No technological advancements, no science advancements, nothing.

As Todd Howard, Our Lord, as decreed.

Bethesda is hiring people to throttle negative reviews, are paying for good reviews

What? How much are they paying? For a good price (5 zeros minimum at the end of the sum, I don't need petty hand out) I will write a good review on NMA... Why woudn't I make profits?

By the way, on Steam there is no review graph for Fallout 76 Wastelander DLC. No doubt this is Bethesda's doing.
So I went on Steam and yeah, it's gone. But when I reload the page while scrolled down to the reviews section it shows up for a split second. If Bethesda is pulling some shit then I really hope that it gets exposed cause that'd be hilarious. Like, the only reason the score went up is because they are that desperate and pathetic that they are willing to jeopardize their reputation even further.

I don't think Bethesda has to buy positive reviews. This game still has a large community of fans who like it

I don't think Bethesda has to buy positive reviews. This game still has a large community of fans who like it

I do wonder if they know that they are going to set themselves up for a next major disappointment because they made Bethesda realize that it can get away with its current practices.

But we discussed that earlier in this thread, they will whine and complain but still buy the shitty game because its Fallout by Bethesda.

Ugh, see what they did to the Floaters https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Floater_(Wastelanders)
Remind me of cartoon monsters from a completely different game.

And as I mentioned in another post the main quest of Wastelanders expansion is to rob a Vault full of gold (ripping of Dead Money's main quest).
Well it apparently the gold of Fort Knox was transferred to Vault 79 with its intended purpose to use it to rebuild the US' economy. https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Vault_79
One of the groups that is after the gold is of course the Enclave (here called the Secret Service). You would think that securing missile silos wastelanders and Vault Dwellers have been going into and been firing missiles from would be a higher priority on their list.

While I can understand that eventually the basis for an economy would be required once civilization had progressed to a certain point, the most valuable commodities after a war are not rare metals.

BTW that is a good question? When did gold become a valuable commodity? I know before that goods like salt were valuable as it is a good food preserver.

I mean, those aren't Floater-Floaters. It's just more evidence towards Bethesda being creatively bankrupt. Name was already taken by a very iconic enemy in the original games and yet they could think of nothing else to call these things but Floaters since they float.
Anything revolving squid or octopus or a jellyfish would be a better name.

Also vault 79 is fucking stupid. Again, it shows how creatively bankrupt they are. Preserve something? Gotta store it in a vault!

According to @AgentBJ09 who is keeping an eye on Fallout 76 and it's drama, Bethesda is hiring people to throttle negative reviews, are paying for good reviews and are hiring "game journalist" from sites like Rock, Paper, Shotgun and Polygon to write fluff pieces and go to bat for them with any criticism people have for the Wastelander DLC. By the way, on Steam there is no review graph for Fallout 76 Wastelander DLC. No doubt this is Bethesda's doing.

I don't think Bethesda is hiring people to throttle the negative reviews. Steam is however now restricting the ones that count towards the rating to those who bought the game via Steam instead of everyone who has a copy.

So, Bethesda.aids players who got a Steam copy for free still won't get their voices heard.

I don't think Bethesda is hiring people to throttle the negative reviews. Steam is however now restricting the ones that count towards the rating to those who bought the game via Steam instead of everyone who has a copy.

So, Bethesda.aids players who got a Steam copy for free still won't get their voices heard.
Ah, that kind of explained it. Still, to see people who haven't bought the game anywhere else than Steam singing choirs of praises to this filth is saddening. I fully agree with Mr. Fish: we gamers get what deserve.

T
People are defending this game on Codex. That shows how shitty the online population (everywhere) has become over the past 10 years.

To be fair, one of the few people defending this game on the Codex is a retarded dipshit (rustyshackleford). He's a known decline enabler.

Back