Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

This might be the case, I've never added any patch to Fallout1. What?!?!?! Even the 1.1?

Insanity. :o

i find that pretty hard to believe, tried to play it with the 1.1 official patch and it was UNBEARABLE. Everything in Junktown is bugged/annoying to the point where i stopped playing, i searched for a patch (dont remember if i had found the one from wasteland ghost) but i got it and thanks it exists, otherwise, who knows? maybe i wouldnt have finished fallout 1.

Felipefpl said:
This might be the case, I've never added any patch to Fallout1. What?!?!?! Even the 1.1?

Insanity. :o

i find that pretty hard to believe, tried to play it with the 1.1 official patch and it was UNBEARABLE. Everything in Junktown is bugged/annoying to the point where i stopped playing, i searched for a patch (dont remember if i had found the one from wasteland ghost) but i got it and thanks it exists, otherwise, who knows? maybe i wouldnt have finished fallout 1.
1.0 featured savegame corruption. Yay.

What should addictions do to the player's stats? As it stands now, Alcoholic and Nuka-Cola addiction do nothing at all.

Alcohol addiction was supposed to give -1 Agility & -1 Charisma but that doesn't work.

Should there be an addiction for Rad-X?

Here's the default stats:
Code:
ALCOHOL ADDICTION: No Effect.  (planned was -1 AGI -1 CHA for 7 days)  FO3 has a 5% chance to become addicted for Beer, and 10% for Booze, which sounds good to me.
RADAWAY ADDICTION: -20% Radiation Resistance (pfff, lame)
PSYCHO ADDICTION:  -2 INT  (interesting, FO3 takes a different route and this addiction gives -1 END, -1 PER
NUKA-COLA ADDICTION: No Effect.
MENTATS ADDICTION:  -3 INT, -1 AGI (ouch)
BUFFOUT ADDICTION:  -2 STR, -3 AGI, -2 END (wow, ouch)

EDIT: Haha, check this out from ITEM.MSG - good thing they didn't implement this:
You suffer a fatal heart attack from chem overdose.

if that was devs intention it was a bad one, why radx, an antidote for radiation should addict you? nonsense, nobody gets addicted to snake poison antidote.

Felipefpl said:

I played FO1 to completion various times without any patch (besides 1.1), without savegame corruptions, or unbearable anything... sure there were bugs, but nowhere near the FO2 levels. :shrug:

Of course i appreciate a bug free, smooth, playthrough (last time i used WG's patch and it was very, very nice... haven't yet tried your fine fixes and additions Sduibek).

As for addictions,

I agree rad-away addiction is lame.

Alcohol should only give penalties (otherwise it would be too ridiculous, because unlike the various other substances in the game, alcohol is quite real...**) but the thing is, why would anyone use an item(s) that risk an addiction that has no benefit and only penalties? it's not like FO has a "stress" or "psychic pain/regrets" stat bar, heh?

**maybe change alcohol for cocaine, at least cocaine does add some temporary physical resistance... :P

For Nuka-Cola, how about an endurance (gut rotting, too many toilet trips), and a charisma penalty (too much gas). :P

Fatal heart attack from chem overdose doesn't actually sound that bad.

Some ideas i'm working on for the new version, or at least was working on at one point. It's in short hand so don't complain if you can't understand it. Just pasting it here for anyone who actually is curious. Since i'll be releasing updated much less often for a while.
-->
Code:
Better fix for Killian's shelves -- if he's alive AND can see you, using on them or accessing them will pull up dialogue with him. If he's dead, both will function normally. If he's alive and *can't* see you (this also applies to if you succeeded a Sneak check) then Steal and Use will work normally.
Dehydration only on Desert squares, but it still does much more damage, and will not kill the player (minimum HP after is 1), but will give poison or rads if you fail your Outdoorsman check 
[maybe have a couple sequential checks??] and Hours Spent is based on the check, not random.
Red Ryder LE is now back to normal stats
furthering tweaking of drug stats [link to Feedback Thread here for stat list]
1 freebie child-kill (vs 2 in unmodded game)
very small amounts of rads from rats, mantis, radscos, dogs, dethclaws
Dialogue w/ Flash and Morbid based on time of day works and matches the stated 8-to-5 hours...
more text fixes (yay)
extra code for child GenPris (Mstr's vault) to make sure it makes you childkiller
incl Robobrain running anim from Fo2
No drugs on NPCs (didn't work anyway :() but can use healing items -- both stims (yesssssssss), both iguanas, & fruit
messages displayed when giving them weapons are clearer
^^^ need to add for Tandi & healing items for Dogmeat
--ghouls only radiate on fist/knuck/pwrfist
--knucks/pwrfist don't drop from Weapon Drop
-->21 (Brass Knuckles) 234 (Spiked Knuckles) 235 (Power Fist)
Weapon Drop can drop @ 0 distance
insignifigant amount of rads from more creatures
rads from floaters & centaurs
display_msg("The poison has left your system.");
dehydration only on Desert squares now.
improved/fixed/adjusted Rnd Enc that were innacurate or duplicate, etc.
gambling changes (fully rebuilt, still not balanced but better)
This folder is in place for Fallout FIXT, to prevent the "Failure to initialize input devices" sfall error. Please leave the ereg folder and eregui.ini file intact.
Patrick:
- personal stuff spawns on him, not in his box.
- equips armor and gun
- other gadgets do spawn in the boxes.
mountain flesh scrape x(3 to 5) HP damage and can cripple on crit fail
- & #dmg display
removed critter_injure(2) because it was bugged (and didn't do anything...)
can't die from boulders and dehydration (whoops!)
searching for water in the desert takes longer if you fail an Outdoorsman check
steal override for animalses

First, sorry about anything that I can do/write, ´cause this is my first post here (but I follow this forum from ages) and my mother languague is portuguese (brazilian).

Great job with the mod, all the Fallout fans are in fault with a unique massive mod (like the Restoration Project in FO2). Thanks!

Meanwhile, I´ve found some "glitches":
1. When you get the black jacket in Vault 15, no matter if you wear it or not, the same disapear! (If you wearing it, seems the stats show you that you using it, mas doesn´t appear);
2. It´s not possible enter the Glow. I can atrach the rope, and when use it, nothing happens;
3. Almost the same to the Cathedral, I can´t get the upstairs to have with Morpheus. When the staircase is clicked, nothing happens.

I´m using the Fallout GOG version, and I don´t know if this interferes. Without the mod, the game flows without these "bugs".

Great job, and continues going in.

Oh wow, those are major bugs.

I will release a fix for them today. Thank you for letting me know!!!

tokisto said:
1. When you get the black jacket in Vault 15, no matter if you wear it or not, the same disapear! (If you wearing it, seems the stats show you that you using it, mas doesn´t appear);
I was able to duplicate this the first few times I tried it, and now I can't. This is very strange.

I started playing with FIXT and I noticed that game speed is too fast, my character and Ian move too damn fast I don't know if that's related to the mod :).
Is there any workaround on this?

tiagop said:
I started playing with FIXT and I noticed that game speed is too fast, my character and Ian move too damn fast I don't know if that's related to the mod :).
Is there any workaround on this?
Yes indeed; personally i've found it to be very slow even on new systems.. I think it's a side-effect of the NPC mod. Anyway, you can change that in ddraw.ini:

Code:
;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[Speed]
;Set to 0 to disable everything in this section
Enable=1

;The speeds corrisponding to each slot in percent. (i.e. 100 is normal speed)
SpeedMulti0=25
SpeedMulti1=50
SpeedMulti2=75
SpeedMulti3=95
SpeedMulti4=100
SpeedMulti5=101
SpeedMulti6=102
SpeedMulti7=103
SpeedMulti8=105
SpeedMulti9=110

;The initial speed at game startup
SpeedMultiInitial=106

You are right though, in the next full release it'll default to 106 as above instead of 110.

tokisto said:
First, sorry about anything that I can do/write, ´cause this is my first post here (but I follow this forum from ages) and my mother languague is portuguese (brazilian).

Great job with the mod, all the Fallout fans are in fault with a unique massive mod (like the Restoration Project in FO2). Thanks!

Meanwhile, I´ve found some "glitches":
2. It´s not possible enter the Glow. I can atrach the rope, and when use it, nothing happens;
3. Almost the same to the Cathedral, I can´t get the upstairs to have with Morpheus. When the staircase is clicked, nothing happens.

I´m using the Fallout GOG version, and I don´t know if this interferes. Without the mod, the game flows without these "bugs".

Great job, and continues going in.
Sduibek said:
Oh wow, those are major bugs.

I will release a fix for them today. Thank you for letting me know!!!

tokisto said:
I was able to duplicate this the first few times I tried it, and now I can't. This is very strange.

Put these in Fallout/DATA/SCRIPTS and it will fix the Glow and Cathedral bugs:

http://www.box.net/shared/9bslvd8c7l

Thanks for this mod. It saved me time and energy installing all the old mods I might need, plus the great new addition of your fixes.

I am having trouble getting to run Sfall in DirectX9 mode. The game crashes on startup with a memory read error.

I would also like to second (or is it third) the suggestion of making the NPCs detect and potentially attack for stealing their stuff.

jaredl said:
I am having trouble getting to run Sfall in DirectX9 mode. The game crashes on startup with a memory read error.
If you want to run in D3D mode, you must completely disable the hires mod (run the patcher exe to uninstall it from the main executable). This is not my issue, it is unfortunately an incompatibility between the mods' settings.

Also, similar applies to getting true 16bit to work in standard resolution: leave it at 8bit in ddraw.ini, and set to 16bit in f1res.ini ONLY.

EDIT:
Well I was wrong, looks like DirectX9 and f1_res can't be run together at all if you're going past 640x480 :(

Honestly in my experience you don't want to run it in DirectX mode anyway.. it looks like total shit. All the text is pixelated.

Besides killing everbody, what should be the requirement for getting access to The Brotherhood's weapons vault? I think a Karma check and completion of all their quests sounds good:

Code:
Become an Initiate.
Rescue Initiate.
Scout around MB.
Karma >= 20

I could maybe add a minimum character level or something, not sure if that's a good idea though.

Additionally it could check for these:

Is the Master dead?
Are the Vats/MB destroyed?
Has the deathclaw/caravan quest been completed?

EDIT: The only thing I am concerned about, is that the guards to that door state that only Scribes and Paladins have access. What would the player have to do to become a Scribe or Paladin???? Maybe talk to Vree or Maxon after completing all the quests below?

Sduibek said:
Besides killing everbody, what should be the requirement for getting access to The Brotherhood's weapons vault? I think a Karma check and completion of all their quests sounds good:

Code:
Become an Initiate.
Rescue Initiate.
Scout around MB.
Karma >= 20

I could maybe add a minimum character level or something, not sure if that's a good idea though.

Thanks for the assistance. Running the game at 640x480 isn't really an option. I like my new widescreen resolution 8-)

jaredl said:
Running the game at 640x480 isn't really an option.
It is for me LOL LOL LOL

I like to run it at standard res, because since it's more 'zoomed in' or whatever, this way I get to see all the yummy details of gore and death animations :clap: :twisted:

Besides, on some maps the really zoomed-out-ness looks odd to me.

To each their own, though! Hi-res mods are awesome.

If your video card / OS supports it, 960 x 600 (for 16:10) or 960 x 540 for 16:9 look great on widescreens. You keep all that detail that Sduibek is talking about and the screen isn't boxed.

note: those are "magic numbers" for modern 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 screens. They assign every 4 physical pixel elements to one single game-rendered pixel, so you don't have image distortion on the old games due to the monitor interpolating image data (i.e. 1 rendered pixel going to 3.72 physical pixels).

Thanks for the fixing.

Unfortunately, I´ve found another one :(

I´m playing with a dumb character now, and in Junktown, when I got Killian dead, Gizmo automaticaly got died too (and your guard).

I always think that missions on BOS was incomplete, nice suggestions that you´ve made.

Back