Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah I noticed the unlocked Lieutenant's locker too. Weird.
    Not sure about the combat running exploit and switched endings, I'll take a look.
    Crafty added a fix to his version of ddraw/Sfall for the combat running exploit, but it causes significant issues with melee so I disabled it. (It makes so you can't start combat first ever, which in my opinion is unacceptable)

2. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Spy yes, traps I don't think so.

3. jjuswell

jjuswell First time out of the vault

Feb 18, 2016
    Oh, so maybe it will be better to cut it completely? If it's possible.

4. Erer08

Erer08 First time out of the vault

May 26, 2014
    I think it'll be restored in a later update.

5. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Progress update: Play as mutant after being dipped is working, although to be honest there's not much to do afterward. So it's more of a fun proof than an actual exciting feature.

The walking animations for Super Mutants is slow so even after doubling the FPS is still frustrating how long it takes to go anywhere.

Being dipped maxes Strength and Endurance, but sets Charisma and Intelligence to 2. You also take damage and rads from it. (Temporary) and the effect of being inconspicuous while wearing robes applies to dipped players.

Trying to equip human armor or use unsupported weapon types will destroy the armor and/or weapon. Super Mutant "armor" is set at 10AC (same as Metal Armor) with 10DT/50%DR across the board (a little better than Brotherhood Armor).

Screenshots to come.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  6. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Precious Fluids of The Order Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    That sounds cool as hell man. This is actually going to make me go back and play Fallout 1 which I rarely do. I'm more of a Fallout 2 fan but that might be about to change. ;)

I'm still going to do that LP of this too. I'm glad to see you continuing to add new features like the dipped Mutant. I like the idea of separate modules that can somewhat stray from the normal game elements. Forgive me if you have already answered this before, but what are your plans for this mod in the future?

7. ThegreatBenDoyle

ThegreatBenDoyle First time out of the vault

Apr 10, 2012
    Does the mutant in robes use the Goris in robes critter? It has no combat animations but that's not what they're for.

8. BreakinBenny

BreakinBenny First time out of the vault

Jun 18, 2015
    It might be more sensible to have the dipping decrease your intelligence a bit, because since the Vault Dweller is a Vault-born human with no radiation it means he would only get somewhat dumber... maybe IN = 4 or 5 if it was 7 or 8?

As for mutants running, maybe make a MAMTNTAT.FRM with edited frames including the increased FPS?

9. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I hope they wont replace the original splash screens...or be added to the 6 original splash screens in F1. The originals worked beautifully, and I'm yet to see anyone make better. Just my 2 cents...love ya baby. >_>

10. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Will be able to get back to work on this today and tomorrow.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  11. Beowolf

Beowolf First time out of the vault

Feb 29, 2016
    First of all, thanks for all the work you've put into this mod over the years. I understand you're working on making Fixt run through Steam with the next update but I was wondering if there was anyway we could do it manually in the meantime. I replaced falloutwHR.exe and fallout.cng with the Fixt versions but I keep getting, "Master file not found. Please insert Fallout CD" or something like that.

12. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    What is falloutwHR.exe? I've never seen that before.

13. Beowolf

Beowolf First time out of the vault

Feb 29, 2016
    It's the Fallout executable that came with my Steam version of the game. It's what FalloutLauncher.exe launches. I don't have falloutw.exe for some reason. But I was able to launch Fixt through Steam using this method.

14. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Okay, thank you. When testing my "steam install option" i'll see if I can just replace FalloutHR.exe with my FalloutW.exe renamed. Fingers crossed.

15. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    NEW: Msg when dropping explosives at your feet.
    NEW: Finally implemented can play after being dipped
    NEW: Finally implemented can play after V13 dehydrated or invaded (or both)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. Diogo

Diogo First time out of the vault

Feb 4, 2016
    So how is the progress going? Are we close to release? :)

17. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I just tested the order of the endings today and it worked fine for me... I did MB then Master and got the appropriate order in slideshow, then did Master then MB and also got the correct order. Are you sure Fixt was installed properly?

Also there's been issues running Fixt through Steam, were you possibly using it on a Steam install?

@Diogo Working on it all day today & tomorrow, really hoping I can finish it by end of tomorrow.

_

18. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Definitely won't be finished by the end of tonight. You'd think I'd learn by now that this shit always takes way longer than I anticipate.

BUT, when released, in addition to all the stuff already mentioned above, 0.90beta will have over 50 settings customizable in-game and about 20 optional custom playstyle restrictions (which can be chosen in installer and in-game). Some of the 50 points of customization will be new to this release... options I created in the past but forgot to add to the installer.

Should be plenty to keep everyone busy while waiting for the engine conversion. :cool:

19. Diogo

Diogo First time out of the vault

Feb 4, 2016
    Yay! I'm new here and this will be the first time I play fallout 1 & 2. When you release 0.90 should I play immediately or do you usually release a bug fix patch afterwards, so I'll have to wait?

20. Trephs

Trephs First time out of the vault

Aug 18, 2013
    I use a regular non-steam cd version.
    I installed Fallout v.1.0 from .iso then I applied customizable installation of Fixt (Fixt should cover 1.1 and teamx patches so I didn't bother installing them on top of 1.0). So I guess there's no miss on my side and I did it all properly.
    I can try speedrunning new version once it's released and say if the same issue still persists.