Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Just depends if I make a mistake that I don't catch until after the release, lol.

But as best I can, I'd like to provide the upcoming version as a patch (for current Fixt installs) as well as an installer.

Yes please, that would be very helpful. If you do still have the issue, savegames are always excellent for being able to test and/or duplicate on my end :D

2. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  3. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    I'm not sure where does that notion that mutants are stupid comes from. On the contrary, Marcus speaks of everything becoming "clearer" after having been dipped.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    From first Fallout, look at Vree's autopsy report:
    Code:
    Intellect is decreased by this strain by 30%.
    Are you sure Marcus is referring to his intellect by this remark? Might be just ideology reference. Supermutants were liberated from complicated human social relationships affected by religion, racism, and such stuff, so perhaps he's referring to this.

edit:
    This is from hcmarcus.msg file:
    Code:
    {238} {mcs39} {The Master just wanted everyone to see clearly. The Vault Dweller ended that dream.}
    {262} {mcs46} {My memories of being a human aren't as clear as they once were, but I remember pettiness, hatred, jealousy... I prefer being a mutant.}

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Well, 7 Int down is 70% at best, and an absolute idiot in most cases. On average, 30% would be some 2 Int down.

You have a point about Marcus. AFAIR, he's saying not all were fit to become mutants. But those who did, they actually benefited from it. So a genius would elevate to Lieutenant/Master level of intelligence. Probably there was some random element, too.

Anyway, it's just theoretical talk, since it's not really a playable option (and even if it was, there wouldn't be lots of people using it).

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Oh that's right, I forgot about that... we discussed it earlier in this thread about how since the Vault Dweller would be a prime normal, as well as having absorbed minimal background radiation, that they wouldn't become the typical dumb Super Mutant.

So should we bump INT to 10 then, like happens with STR and END?

I think what was discussed before is something like INT>6 gets an increase from dipping, INT<=5 is decreased from dipping.

Anyway regarding your first message, Super Mutants becoming stupid is widespread and self-explanatory. In addition to what Valcik said, there's a small number of Super Mutants in Fallout 1 that aren't stupid. That's the whole point; The Master and The Lieutenant are trying to track down ideal normals to dip so that they don't have an army of retards.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  7. Proletären

Proletären A Smooth-Skin

Mar 15, 2012
    Hows the engine conversion going?

8. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    No progress yet, finishing this first.

9. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Mildly Dipped

Oct 28, 2009
    Hi Folks
    Does anybody know how to setup FIXT mod to be compatible with "ExaGear RPG" on Android?
    I know for certain it runs Fallout and Fallout 2 full speed on modern devices, however I'm afraid since FIXT executable is not in root of game's folder, it's not going to work properly under ExaGear RPG.

P.S.
    I myself tried Diablo 2 on ExaGear and so far it runs smooth.

10. SenorGast

SenorGast First time out of the vault

Apr 4, 2015
    Hi Sduibek,

Do you plan to write a sort of "changelog" with the new language changes/fixes, for the international translators ?
    Or de you think "Winmerge" will be enough for us ?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  11. kirsan

kirsan First time out of the vault

Mar 22, 2016
    Can't wait for 0.9 - want to start new F1 game :)
    Sduibek thank you for all your work here.

12. Diogo

Diogo First time out of the vault

Feb 4, 2016
    Yeh, the wait is killing me D:

13. kirsan

kirsan First time out of the vault

Mar 22, 2016
    2 Sduibek
    Sorry to brother you, but any progress info on 0.9? Does it make sense to wait, or to start now with 0.81?

14. Kristijonas

Kristijonas First time out of the vault

Apr 1, 2016
    Just finished game with fixt 0.81alpha. Everything worked great and really liked fixt features. But gosh I forgot Fallout 1 world is so small. It takes little time to do every single marked and unmarked quest.

15. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I apologize for the continued delays. March went by quickly for me due to my promotion at work. Exciting but rather exhausting!

@Kristijonas Yeah, it's definitely a lot smaller than Fallout 2.

@kirsan I would say go ahead and start with 0.81 ... 0.90 should be available as a patch as well as an installer.

Not sure about this. Currently it's on GitHub, so you can compare them using GitHub's features or me personally I use Beyond Compare on the files.

There's also https://github.com/Luffier/fallout-text-tools made by Luffier. Speaking of which, any suggestions @Luffier for @SenorGast ?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. AlbertCole

AlbertCole First time out of the vault

Mar 27, 2016
    Really enjoying the this mod so far. Especially the minor changes in gameplay, that enhance the experience as whole. The restorations are also a nice addition. Good job, guys! :clap:

17. raynor009

raynor009 Hell yeah!

Apr 29, 2012
    Should I wait for 0.90 before using this mod? I want to give Fallout 1 another go. Because if there are any meaningful changes I'm willing to wait for the next release.

18. PsychoGlory

PsychoGlory First time out of the vault

Apr 8, 2016
    Question. Is the 0.90 version going to come with the option of opening this mod directly through steam?

19. Rhsims

Rhsims First time out of the vault

Apr 13, 2016
    Is there anyway to just get one part of the mod? I'm just interested in the Endgame Mod, but all links to the old one have been removed. I still like the old game even with the bugs and always just used the "Endgame mod" in the past, but I can't find it anymore.

20. SenorGast

SenorGast First time out of the vault

Apr 4, 2015
    Ok, thank you Sduibek. I will use Winmerge and try Beyond Compare.