Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Just finished playing the game with the mod and, outside of the L.A. Boneyard holodisk business and a couple of crashes here and there, it was pretty darn smooth (I actually don't mind the thing where the Super Mutant invasion only gets triggered if you visit the place after its time has past, it's a very good caveat for the brutally restrictive time limits).

As far as I am aware, this is not a bug. After reading them, the item itself becomes useless and gets deleted.

Not sure if I like this change, but considering they all look the same, it's probably for the better.

Holodisks disappearing after use is a feature of Fallout FIXT!- not sure where it's documented exactly but I remember reading about it.

I can wait a week if it means we get a straight answer :P

Most likely this is what will happen:

5-10% chance that it will be released the very last day of January.

or

90-95% chance that the title will change to "Fallout Fixt Next Release Some Time in Feb 2020".

Too bad. :(

And Then "Fallout Fixt Next Release Some Time in March 2020".

This why developers shouldn't mention potential release dates. I mean it's a one man team as far as I'm aware. Presumably he has a day job and a life. It's a lot of work and I'd imagine setting deadlines just makes it all the more stressful. It'll come out when it comes out, you know?

Anyone notice the Error1 and Error2? Does it mean anything?

Attachments

• Fallout Error.png
    Fallout Error.png
    355.5 KB · Views: 598
Hey, hoping someone has a fix or an idea what's going wrong.
I installed the Fixt patch over a clean GoG install in the hopes of putting Fallout on my (android)phone.
Install went well but when I try running Fallout in DosBox(PC) or MagicDoxBox I get the initial Loading Screen before crashing back to the Dos Prompt with no logs or error message.
Any idea's what I can do to fix? :D Really looking forward to revisiting Fallout.

Hey um is Sbuidek alright he left without informing anyone and had been MIA since Jan 7th... Lex, do you have a discord or something I can enter to find out more?

@Stavros_Koul
Don't sweat man It's not the first time Sduibek is gone for so long ( in the past he was gone for almost a year AFAIR) and it's not the first time his self proclaimed deadline was delayed. As far as i can tell from the last 5 or so years he's only been active during summer break. It's Real Life stuff that's keeping Sduibek busy. If You're willing to play Fallout 1 with active development around it, why not give
Fallut: et tu a try? It's the same Fallout 1 but on highly improoved engine of Fallout 2, and further more it's actively developed.

Personally If I were Sduibek I myself would wait until Rotators are done with the egine conversion, and only then fork the repo to continue on FIXT andl leave the damn Fo1 engine on the garbage of history.

Back