Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 A Smooth-Skin

Oct 28, 2009
    damn acronyms... I thought He ment some kind of pen and paper game...

FYI has many meanings for example besides only For Your Information...

It could mean for example:
    Film Your Intercourse..
    Fry Your Intensines..
    etc. etc.

RU getting it now?

Anyways In clasic Fo1 Lorri Seduction is not implemented. It was planned to by Fo1 Devs but cut in the end. FIXT restored it.

2. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    As far as I can see, the whole dialog was added by Fixt / whatever other mod. And it's bad.
    There is nothing in the vanilla script hinting at the sex scene to be a thing.

3. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 A Smooth-Skin

Oct 28, 2009
    Not in the vanilla script However in Per's guide or somewhere else there is a note that seducing some brotherhood women was a ment to be a thing ( this in turn seposedly should get us acces to BoS Armory the sneaky way Peacefully, because the way Armory Crack-in implemented now is stupid.)

Instead of Cracking-in I'd be happy to simply trade with BoS with all the crap I have for what usefull stuff they have. I mean finally the possibility to offload that load of junk stolen from BoS and Looted from The Glow. 1,1k MicroFusionCell and 2x Power Armors is worth quite some $$ (ofcourse BoS does not Honor bottle caps as trading means).

4. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    That was Jennifer and not Lorri. Looking at the dialog file, it's clear to me why it was cut.

5. SkeletalGhoul

SkeletalGhoul First time out of the vault

Feb 13, 2020
    thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

6. Huseyin1453tr

Huseyin1453tr First time out of the vault

Dec 8, 2019
    Well End March Still Not Yet Released :(

7. Splinter00S

Splinter00S First time out of the vault

May 28, 2020
    End of May and still not released :( I've been holding off on doing a Let's Play of Fallout 1 because I thought a new and improved version of FIXT was going to be available soon...

8. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I'm guessing Fallout et tu killed it. So maybe just play that... but wait till tomorrow for the v1.2 release.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. dudejo001

dudejo001 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 6, 2010
    To be fair, Fixt has always been slow to update. Also, there's only so much that can be done with the original engine.

10. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    The engine can't be totally blamed, sometimes it's just time, or the lack of time. The game is fiddly, what do you expect from a game engine built in 1995...over engineering the game with extra stuff isn't always necessary, over eating = bigger poops.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. danielje

danielje First time out of the vault

Mar 24, 2006
    Not sure if Fallout et tu allows for the same options in the installer as Fixt does, havent tried it yet. But Last I played Fixt(about 1.5 years ago) it was complete and working well. I will probably try out Et Tu once I get tired of playing through my back catalog of newer games and I seek a bit of nostalgia. Speaking of Nostalgia, I'd throw money all day, everyday at a Fallout 1 and 2 remaster from Beth(so long as they changed nothing but the graphics and maybe making the Restored Content official). Too bad that will probably never happen, wouldnt mind seeing some 32-bit Fallout style pixel art wasteland. HD talking head pixel arts, OMG they could add so many more talking heads! DOGMEAT TALKING HEAD!!!

12. Oracle

Oracle Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 19, 2003
    "Fallout 1 and 2 remaster from Beth?"
    oh god no....

13. Silver-Lambda

Silver-Lambda First time out of the vault

Feb 2, 2020
    why no ?

14. dudejo001

dudejo001 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 6, 2010
    Because Bethesda will invariably FUBAR it like they ruined Fallout 76.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  15. JonTheStampede

JonTheStampede First time out of the vault

Jul 1, 2020
    I desperately wanna play this version of the game since it seems to be the best but I've run through some problem. Basically the game only runs the first time I open it every time i start up my cpu, if the game is ever interrupted it auto closes then I cant open it back up pls help.

16. RyanFialcowitz

RyanFialcowitz It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 30, 2005
    Is anyone in contact Sduibek? With the virus and everything I wonder if he's okay or just taking a sabbatical like usual. . .