Fallout Nevada bugs and errors report

Dionis

Nuclear Russia
Modder
The game was clean and 99% bug free when we started translating, so many of the errors the players get should be text based.
I will keep this thread to gather all error info, you guys can post problems too with pics and details so I can fix it faster.
#1So far I personally found two files that are unfinished, PIPBOY(thats why you may get lot of russian tapes and messages from computers) and one npc in Vegas.
#2 Big McBastard reported an Overseer message error.
#3 kriss you get too many russian files my friend, I have a suspicion you have the wrong version of the mod. It should be V1.02 NOT v1.02(15) or something. Check it out and tell me if the problem still exists.
#4 kriss reported a crash during the entrance to Area 51 I'm on it.
#5 AlsGaming The russian UI is not right and it should be in english.... I will try to understand what is the problem.
#6 kruk I will look into vegas characters that you report at hoover dam.
#7 alumoi (The computer in the army base which disables the security robot has wrong translation, the Dead Hotel area in Las Vegas in still in Russian, even with the updated translation.) I will look into the problem even though it sounds like you got the wrong mod version.

Last edited:
Ok Error #3,5,6,7 are false. (you guys have the wrong mod version it should be V1.02 NOT v1.02(15)
#1,2,4 are true and I'm fixing them right now.

#4 error is not text based, it's something weird in the Fallout engine. I reinstalled the game and I entered the hangar no issues, even though I got the error too earlier. So just work your way around the bug guys, you know Fallout fan style, I'm no good in Fallout engine.

Well, my first post on this forum.

I do not get money from trading and some guy in the new reno gives me an error, when trying to talk with him.
Some guy will narrow it down... Please take a screen shot of your menu screen and the guy you mentioned, also that's a pretty weird thing you don't get money from trading.
I explained the rules, explain the details of the error or bug and attach screenshots.

In restaurant, next to the "Silver Hotel" in Reno when you try to speak with npc who stand near the bartender, there is and error.. GDialog:: Error Grabbing text message.

but... if you first used "Watch/Look" option on that npc, and then "Talk" to this npc, the game will not crash.

also after I used translator installer *Fallout Nevada (EN Translation)[0.1] from main topic of Fallout:Nevada
the UI and all elements in game menu are in english. (UI - when you create character, game menu UI buttons like pip-boy shortcut, character, action description)

* I also find a holodisc in Reno in Russian.

Last edited:
In restaurant, next to the "Silver Hotel" in Reno when you try to speak with npc who stand near the bartender, there is and error.. GDialog:: Error Grabbing text message.

I probably forgot a bracket in the dialogue file. Can you give me his name? There's something like two hundred dialogue files in Reno and anything that can help me narrow it down will help.

Dionis, sorry but I was using the Fallout of Nevada HD version you had in your profile. If you say that's not the 1.02 but 1.02(15) ...
Also, the google translation that was circulating around had the correct translation for the computer in the army base.

Dionis, sorry but I was using the Fallout of Nevada HD version you had in your profile. If you say that's not the 1.02 but 1.02(15) ...
Also, the google translation that was circulating around had the correct translation for the computer in the army base.
I will try to locate the problem.

Thank you. In the mean time I will try to see if the translation works with other versions of Nevada (official 1.07 and various 1.02)

Strange, the official Nevada page is linking to a file called FalloutOfNevada 1.0.7z
Crap, I'm dumber than the law permits. It's the extension, 7z, not the version.
Don't mind me.

Last edited:
Strange, the official Nevada page is linking to a file called FalloutOfNevada 1.0.7z
Crap, I'm dumber than the law permits. It's the extension, 7z, not the version.
Don't mind me.
Its the translation version not the game itself... Its us changing the number with each update. The Nevada 1.02 stays unchanged.

I probably forgot a bracket in the dialogue file. Can you give me his name? There's something like two hundred dialogue files in Reno and anything that can help me narrow it down will help.
Snikers it's this guy, and I don't know the exact problem, it seems we made some typo in file name some time ago, and your file is solid and working but it doesn't overwrite the wrong one as expected of course (I think) , so the game just loses its shit trying to decide which one is the right one.
Look here I got the error, then I backed up everything to see the character name, found the file, put your file in again and it works... wtf is wrong with it i have no idea.
untitled1.JPG

untitled2.JPG

untitled3.JPG

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but I found a bug during the Hawthorn military base which is making me unable to progress further. Right here:

The metal door remains locked after defeating the robot with the electrical current. Even more, the robot does a weird thing with it's death animation: lays on the floor, then immediatly appears standing up, walks a few steps and the game considers it dead. It says so when I "look" at it. But when I go to the door, it is still locked, because it's clearly scripted to open when the robot is dead, but it seems like mine ends up in a kind of zombie state which makes the door to stay locked. I have turned the lights on and done pretty much everything the guy on the video does to get it open.
I've checked and I'm 90% sure I have the right version of the mod. In the menu, on the bottom roght of the screen, it says "fallout nevada 1.02. HD", break, "sfall2 v1.7.8", so I'm pretty sure I'm doing okay.
Anyway, hope someone can help me! Cheers to the team, this really feels like FO2.5

He is "Sad visitor" or Restaurant patron with a depressed expression on his face. He is standing near the Myers, in the restaurant.

edit: Dionis showed his location.

**The holodisc / data from Reno : Stagecoaches advertisment is in Russian lang.

Last edited:
Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but I found a bug during the Hawthorn military base which is making me unable to progress further. Right here:

The metal door remains locked after defeating the robot with the electrical current. Even more, the robot does a weird thing with it's death animation: lays on the floor, then immediatly appears standing up, walks a few steps and the game considers it dead. It says so when I "look" at it. But when I go to the door, it is still locked, because it's clearly scripted to open when the robot is dead, but it seems like mine ends up in a kind of zombie state which makes the door to stay locked. I have turned the lights on and done pretty much everything the guy on the video does to get it open.
I've checked and I'm 90% sure I have the right version of the mod. In the menu, on the bottom roght of the screen, it says "fallout nevada 1.02. HD", break, "sfall2 v1.7.8", so I'm pretty sure I'm doing okay.
Anyway, hope someone can help me! Cheers to the team, this really feels like FO2.5

Thats seems like an engine error... hmm we really need an expert at this thing. I will see If I encounter the bug to see what exactly is going on.

He is "Sad visitor" or Restaurant patron with a depressed expression on his face. He is standing near the Myers, in the restaurant.

edit: Dionis show his location.

**The holodisc / data from Reno : Stagecoaches advertisment is in Russian lang.
Yes I know, I said earlier that it's all pipboy file that hold all holodisk and message text, and it's unfinished. It was boring translating that file and tedious so I left it for later and then forgot it, but I will get it eventually.

Would be nice to know if people have already beaten or surpassed this section of the Hawthorne base, as to know if I'm the first one that encountered it, or if someone else went through this section without any issues.

Would be nice to know if people have already beaten or surpassed this section of the Hawthorne base, as to know if I'm the first one that encountered it, or if someone else went through this section without any issues.
I played through Hawthorne multiple times.. no issues.

Back