Fallout Nevada bugs and errors report

After applying the translation patch the inverntory sorter is fixed (it's in English now) but the part belonging to the NPC remains visible on screen after exiting the barter.

LE: found the fix: delete gl_invenfilter.int from data/scripts leaving only gl_invenfilter_se.int, glnpcslootcorpses.int and test0.int
It works you're a saint alumoi, I will include it in the next patch.

So after applying new patch(fresh install and everything) there is no yellow crosshair when using skills :sad:
Testing it now right away.
Edit. Damn you're right, what the hell is the problem? Thank you Saski, I will try to fix it.

Right now I'm translating Larry Geller file we forgot in Vegas.
And trying to figure out why the yellow crosshair disappeared after the patch is installed.

RPG Codex said:
And Btw the animated heads in Vegas are all mismatched... Mayor Has The Tank, Cassino guy the head of Ghul and Ghul has a face of some guy in power armor.
@Dionis could you look into this please?

Ok. There is a bug.
Game crash with an error - GDialog::Error Grabbing text message

Reno, quest with Huey, he had to deal with some guy, and when you get there to met with other guy, game crash.

Name of this quest : Bertolini: Follow Huey

(edit) here is the solution Fallout of Nevada/Фаллаут Невада

btw. There is NO problem with yellow crosshair in my game
Make a clean install of Fallout_Nevada_HD [1.02].exe,
Install Patch_Fallout Nevada 1.02 [0.12]

Yellow crosshair is here.

Last edited:
Ok. There is a bug.
Game crash with an error - GDialog::Error Grabbing text message

Reno, quest with Huey, he had to deal with some guy, and when you get there to met with other guy, game crash.

Name of this quest : Bertolini: Follow Huey

(edit) here is the solution Fallout of Nevada/Фаллаут Невада

btw. There is NO problem with yellow crosshair in my game
Make a clean install of Fallout_Nevada_HD [1.02].exe,
Install Patch_Fallout Nevada 1.02 [0.12]

Yellow crosshair is here.
Snikers included that file(with a fix) for Huey in the update patch. That's not the only dialog that crashes without any reason, but it disappears after you make a clean install and reappear later, go figure what causing the bug, I think its the engine that fucks us up not the text.
And the yellow crosshair is missing for me too, fresh install and everything.

There's a computer at the military base that thinks it's a thug.
Some normal doors dont respond to lockpicks, says action unavailable.
Several mismatched heads, such as the water tank in Lovelock thinks it's a human.

Id love to help edit dialogue, I;m an english and spanish major, huge fan of all old fallouts and have played every total conversion so far. Currently out of work so I have several hours per day to work on it. There are lots of little things that arent "*wrong* but sound like Russianisms, as well as idioms that dont translate well, on top of basic writing flaws.

however some areas and characters are absolutely flawless and I greatly applaud the translators and editors. Nevada seems even bigger than Fallout2, at least with regard to total explorable areas and characters.

There's a computer at the military base that thinks it's a thug.
Some normal doors dont respond to lockpicks, says action unavailable.
Several mismatched heads, such as the water tank in Lovelock thinks it's a human.

Id love to help edit dialogue, I;m an english and spanish major, huge fan of all old fallouts and have played every total conversion so far. Currently out of work so I have several hours per day to work on it. There are lots of little things that arent "*wrong* but sound like Russianisms, as well as idioms that dont translate well, on top of basic writing flaws.

however some areas and characters are absolutely flawless and I greatly applaud the translators and editors. Nevada seems even bigger than Fallout2, at least with regard to total explorable areas and characters.
The computer have been fixed, for sure. Update the game with our latest translation patch and follow the instructions in ReadMe file(see my signature).
The heads are being fixed right now.

Done some translating today... Larry Geller sure talks a lot, I think I will have him ready soon, then try to fix all technical issues you people encountered.

Dionis asked me to post my problem here, because it is the right thread. My problem is that I can't change the resolution through f2_res_Config. It says: "the Fallout 2 executable could not be found". I have this problem with the translated version but also with vanilla FoN. Here is what I did: I donwloaded the Fallout Nevada.zip from http://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/fallout-nevada-v1-02.74/ and installed the game with the file Fallout_Nevada_HD [1.02] and leaved all boxes as they are. Then I launch f2_res_Config and, as I already wrote, it says "the Fallout 2 executable could not be found". Then I installed the translation patch "Patch_Fallout Nevada 1.02 [0.12]" that I downloaded from http://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/fallout-nevada-v1-02-translation-patch.75/ and leave all boxes as they are. Then a window opens and I'll check sFall Configurator and DirectX 9.0c. I launch f2_res_Config and it says: "the Fallout 2 executable could not be found".

Here.JPG
Dionis asked me to post my problem here, because it is the right thread. My problem is that I can't change the resolution through f2_res_Config. It says: "the Fallout 2 executable could not be found". I have this problem with the translated version but also with vanilla FoN. Here is what I did: I donwloaded the Fallout Nevada.zip from http://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/fallout-nevada-v1-02.74/ and installed the game with the file Fallout_Nevada_HD [1.02] and leaved all boxes as they are. Then I launch f2_res_Config and, as I already wrote, it says "the Fallout 2 executable could not be found". Then I installed the translation patch "Patch_Fallout Nevada 1.02 [0.12]" that I downloaded from http://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/fallout-nevada-v1-02-translation-patch.75/ and leave all boxes as they are. Then a window opens and I'll check sFall Configurator and DirectX 9.0c. I launch f2_res_Config and it says: "the Fallout 2 executable could not be found".
You don't have to launch f2_res_Config, I never wrote you have to do it in ReadMe file, the game does that automatically, YOU CHANGE THE RESOLUTION IN THE GAME NOT OUTSIDE IN SOME FILE.

Last edited:
OK, done a speedrun through the main quest, cheating my ass off, of course :D
Couple of problems:
- Jay's message when entering the Army base is still untranslated
- the 'medical report' and the last part of 'entries from the diary' in government's shelter are not translated
- the text disappears and then reappears in a bigger font in the dialogue with the computer on level 3 in the government's shelter (I guess it's a glitch in the hi-res).
Now I'm going to play again doing every possible quest and let you know if I encounter other errors. But this time I'll use the 'official' game (no inventory sorter, no hi-res, no crafty) with sfall and your latest translation.

OK, done a speedrun through the main quest, cheating my ass off, of course :D
Couple of problems:
- Jay's message when entering the Army base is still untranslated
- the 'medical report' and the last part of 'entries from the diary' in government's shelter are not translated
- the text disappears and then reappears in a bigger font in the dialogue with the computer on level 3 in the government's shelter (I guess it's a glitch in the hi-res).
Now I'm going to play again doing every possible quest and let you know if I encounter other errors. But this time I'll use the 'official' game (no inventory sorter, no hi-res, no crafty) with sfall and your latest translation.
I'm looking at the computer text right now, the other two untranslated parts I'm aware of.
I'm glad you completed the main quest that proves it's playable. We got that at least.
Also why no hires and why no inventory filter? It all works in the our version of the game.
What game were you testing it on?

You don't have to launch f2_res_Config, I never wrote you have to do it in ReadMe file, the game does that automatically, YOU CHANGE THE RESOLUTION IN THE GAME NOT OUTSIDE IN SOME FILE.
But where? I have no buttons like in your screenshot, game preferences or screen resolution, I only have an options button.

Edit: Okay, I started the game with the wrong .exe. I always started it with FoN_1.00. When I start it with NevadaHD, I can change the resolution in game.

Last edited:
Back