Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Anytime I install this to a fresh fallout 2, I go through the intro, and then its just a black screen on the title screen, sometimes I can see a buggy UI for a few seconds, but thats it.

... and where's Tycho (or his ranger family)?
You can speak with Tycho using the radio on the right side of the map, close to the border. I don't quite remember, maybe you need an encounter with the abandoned tent or something like that.
Anytime I install this to a fresh fallout 2, I go through the intro, and then its just a black screen on the title screen, sometimes I can see a buggy UI for a few seconds, but thats it.
Not sure what's the problem. Can you explain more?

install the mod in a subfolder X:\Fallout 2\Nevada... or X:\Fallout 2\ and enable checkbox 'root directory mode')

Greetings guys. I have to ask about vegas since I really can't find an answer through searching.

How will Las Vegas be "revealed" on the map via in game progress, instead of going there directly (thus "discover" it by the main character?) So far I have reached Wind of war (but not going to brigdeport yet), and I have done majority of all quests possible incl. WoW itself and Reno and previous settlements (except Uranium City), but I still can't find a way to get Las Vegas "revealed".

When I look at the main plot on wiki, it looks like Las Vegas is actually not part of the main storyline. So maybe it is intentional that one has to "discover" Las Vegas by his/her own?

Thanks.

When creating a character I can only type Russian name...Is there a way to type english letter?
SCROLL LOCK key

Greetings guys. I have to ask about vegas since I really can't find an answer through searching.

How will Las Vegas be "revealed" on the map via in game progress, instead of going there directly (thus "discover" it by the main character?) So far I have reached Wind of war (but not going to brigdeport yet), and I have done majority of all quests possible incl. WoW itself and Reno and previous settlements (except Uranium City), but I still can't find a way to get Las Vegas "revealed".

When I look at the main plot on wiki, it looks like Las Vegas is actually not part of the main storyline. So maybe it is intentional that one has to "discover" Las Vegas by his/her own?

Thanks.
In the early version, there was a need for a plot. In the current version, there should be a side quest. Under certain circumstances, you may not go to Vegas at all.

Last edited:
SCROLL LOCK key

In the early version, there was a need for a plot. In the current version, there should be a side quest. Under certain circumstances, you may not go to Vegas at all.

Dear Pyran, thanks so much for the clarification. Now I know what I shall do :)

Thanks! But me too encountered the "Milo's wife blocking the table bug". Someone suggested using f12se to acquire the note, but what is the name of that item?
'Milo's wife blocking the table' - this is not a bug. She blocks the passage, because of your actions (dialogues / quests)

there is no need to reach the note. you can simply talk to her (can be done once) and once you know milo had boots wth something on the sole go to Black Rock and have a chat with the local gravekeeper. from there you still have few options to end the quest. either bartender or workshop keeper or workshopkeeper's son. only bartender and workshopkeeper's son give you a subquest, but workshopkeeper's son requires correct lines to pick and a hefty speech investment.

Anyways Milo's note is there just in case you relocate Gerlach comunity to Vault City as servants (during a separate quest) before solving Milo's disapearance quest. note is there so that you's know how to proceed with milo-gone quest without speaking to Milo's wife.

However I'f You got careless and let the pump guard die in that lynch when you enter the map for the first time, You're basically fucked.

For a bug-least edition *almost* hassle free, (You just need to update sfall eXtended) i'd recommend Fixed edition.

For Directir's Cut you'd wanna try Crazy Editin. It's really up to you.
However Crazy edition is muuuch harder to setup properly in order to run on newest top-notch components, as it uses different and outdated sfall branch. which is recomended to update to latest sfall eXtended (merging ddraw.ini by hand may proove to be a task that will get waay over your head, as there are lots of things to watch out for).

Guys which version do you suggesst I try, Fixed one or Crazy Edition?
Only Fixed edition, especially if you need a English Lang.
CE - is not a Direct Cut version - it's a delusion! CE - is an experimental/training version that has not been updated for a long time. All important fixes have been moved to FE (FE - the most corrected and canonical version). CE - does not have English Lang., and regular\or FE version are not compatible.
'DC' version does not exist. Description in document only (which is not final).

Last edited:
Only Fixed edition, especially if you need a English Lang.
CE - is not a Direct Cut version - it's a delusion! CE - does not have English Lang.,

Foxx made English version adopted for CE, afair, I've uploaded it back online in one of my posts in CE thread. I mean it's not perfectly polished but it's more or less working.

By Dirctor's Cut I ment a version with most of cut content restored, like decomposing ammo to ammo crafting materials at a workbench. Plus some small neat new locations.

BTW did You know that in 'Fixed edition english version' Big Louie sings in Russian (the blue floats are in russian) in Hard Rock Cafe? well ofc One still would have to get him there but once he's on the stage the blue floats are in Russian.

CE - does not restore content, but adds its own (which Foxx invented).
Content restoration was in FE. Foxx - dropped CE.
For all I know: the Regular translation (2.92) and FE translation is 90-95% CE compliant. But he did not specifically adapt to him. In the topic, an outdated version of CE 3.4, current 3.5+

Thanks. Big Louie - ok, it will be fixed.

Last edited:
Back