Fallout: New Vegas & 3 Steam Sale

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    It's the Steam Summer Sale and it's no doubt assaulting your wallets. For the next two days, Fallout: New Vegas is 75% off, for the main game and the DLC. You can buy the regular edition for 2.49 EUR/USD/GBP or the Ultimate Edition for 4.99 EUR/USD/GBP.

Fallout 3 is 75% off as well, same pricing: 4.99 for ultimate, 2.49 for regular.

The old Fallouts are on a general sale, 50%. During Steam Summer Sale it's usually better to wait for a daily sale.

2. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    For the sake of saying it, Fallout 3 GOTY is on sale for 4,99 too.

3. smber2cnma

smber2cnma First time out of the vault

Sep 29, 2010
    I don't have any of the DLCs yet and thought I might grab them.

Currently Ultimate edition is $5 or individual DLCs are like this:
    Gun Runner Arsenal: $0.49
    Courier's Stash: $0.24
    Lonesome Road: $1.24
    Old World Blues: $1.24
    Honest Hearts: $1.24
    Dead Money: $1.24
    =$5.69

Anyone know how the Ultimate edition works? I'm guessing it will be listed as a separate game on Steam & have all the DLC included in it, but any chance it just lets me have the DLC added to my original game with a 2nd copy to gift to someone?

And are all the DLC worth it? I enjoyed NV initially but eventually all the jogging around just got boring and I never actually completed the game. I had 2 or 3 characters that all made it to Vegas and did some % of the NCR, Legion, or House quests plus getting to all the Vaults/fixing the rocket/etc...but I just mostly like the talking and quests not the trudging from one destination to the next or shooter elements - so are their any DLC I should just skip?

4. ZeaLitY

ZeaLitY First time out of the vault

May 11, 2010
    If it helps, here were the main draws of each DLC for me:

Dead Man's Chest, err, the Sierra Madre one - probably my least favorite, but good if you like survival horror games (at least until you stock up enough ammo that it doesn't feel like survival anymore)

Honest Hearts - probably my favorite, even if as Joshua Sawyer said, it was limited compared to the original intent. Beautiful, beautiful scenery; takes the Gamebryo engine to new places, and it has arguably the most compelling NPC in New Vegas in it.

Old World Blues - third favorite; if going through dungeons and collecting loot is boring to you, you might not like it. Has great atmosphere, though.

Lonesome Road - second favorite; kind of a pain in some areas, but if you liked FO3's ruined city compared to New Vegas's more realistic reviving civilization feel, this is your DLC.

All in all I'd suggest at least playing Honest Hearts. It's not even a long DLC.

5. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    Aye, good point, edited the post for completeness.

6. rehevkor

rehevkor It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 19, 2005
    And New Vegas is currently the no. 1 top seller on Steam. Yay?

7. dONALD42

dONALD42 First time out of the vault

Jan 9, 2013
    And of course the price is the same in EUR and in GBP, as in USD.

8. Atomkilla

Dec 26, 2010
    Yes, what's up with that?

Can't Steam pick a single currency like GoG did and sell their titles only in that currency?

9. dONALD42

dONALD42 First time out of the vault

Jan 9, 2013
    No, but 5 GBP is has more value than 5 EUR or 5 USD.

10. Atomkilla

Dec 26, 2010
    Yes, and EUR has more value than USD.

It's completely unfair.

As I've said, GoG did it the fine way - all their games are sold in USD.

11. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Got an urge to get Fallout 3 goty for completeness, and maybe Point Lookout as that was some good times.
    Heh reading the description and it says eye popping "modern super-deluxe HD graphics" :V

12. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    It's such old-fashioned thinking to believe you can still get away with that, especially in a digital marketplace. Australia usually gets screwed the hardest. The entire first-world marketplace should really just have one price-point, and then more reasonable pricing for other areas.

13. Atomkilla

Dec 26, 2010

True.

But still, "should" is miles apart from "will", so I guess Steam will keep ripping me some more...

14. Mutoes

Mutoes Mildly Dipped

Feb 5, 2008
    Nice, now i can redo the game with dlcs installed with a brand new char. Thanks for the heads up.

15. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Someone should make a mod that makes The Pitt and Point Lookout playable on their own without the dull main game.

16. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    And a mod that redoes the whole plot of the Pitt to actually be grey and have consequences. And to make the Hillbillies in Point Lookout lose their super armor.

17. Atomkilla

Dec 26, 2010
    I think that one exists, actually.

18. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    I always mod away the extra 35 unblockable damage they do as well, that was just grief and made power armour look even worse compared to them.

19. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    That's why I generally use Kinguin for my purchases. Cheaper, faster, fairer. Free market ftw.