Fallout: New Vegas previews

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    I have a feeling that they're over using the SM face-straps...

2. Starwars

Starwars Mildly Dipped

Sep 17, 2006
    1 major character plus kids is what I've read also.

But yeah, they really shouldn't be bullshitting like that. I mean, I think it's a great step to have only 1 major NPC and kids unkillable, it should do wonders for the freedom of the game.
    But then they should say that as well. Saying that every single character in the game is killable is a lie and creates false expectations.

I am extremely glad that they stated before that kids are not really important characters or anything though. I don't think I could've handled another Little Lamplight situation.

3. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Awww c'mon, if you've read the Codex list of dev lies about Oblivion this is peanuts compared to what they used to do. :V

4. OakTable

OakTable Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2009
    I wish to read this list, despite my hatred of RPG Codex.

5. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Here.

Let's drop the subject of hating RPGCodex: that'd be cross-site trolling.

6. Ixyroth

Ixyroth Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 18, 2008
    What would be the acceptable threshold age for killing virtual children? Under 15, no good, 16 and over, ok? Where has the line been drawn?

7. PaladinHeart

PaladinHeart Mildly Dipped

Jan 20, 2004
    Isn't that about the time game review video thingies started? :P

8. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Well you can gib a 16 year old in Fallout 3 so I would say about there.

I can remember this really old British review program which was pretty cool, the set looked like the engineering section of Red Dwarf for some reason, must of been a 90's thing.

9. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Ever since the age of Internet video, game sites/magazines have stared hiring on females to do all of their interviews and the like because their assumedly male audience likes to stare at tits. That's the only reason any of these people like Jessica Chobot have jobs (I think she got it because she posted a photo of herself licking a PSP on the Internet... no, really). To be fair, there are some very legitimate women in the games journalism industry (Leigh Alexander is one that comes to mind), but a lot of them are just there for the T&A factor and little else. It simply doesn't matter that they don't know much about games, so long as they look good on camera and are enthusiastic... oh, and white, they've gotta be white too.

As for why the women themselves take the jobs? They get to be on TV, become instant geek celebrities/stalker victims, and make lots of money for relatively easy work.

10. zkylon

zkylon It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 1, 2010
    Leigh Alexander isn't the best example. Her career is pretty much based on finding non-existant gender issues on everything.

I don't know why some of you mind female journalists so much. The scripts they get are just as awful as the ones male journalists get so at least you get a semi-hot chick to stare at.

11. Gaddes

Gaddes Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 18, 2010
    Ah I see. I'll look into it, but I'm sure someone will post it on youtube soon.

12. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Eh, it was just one of the first who came to mind. I wouldn't dismiss what she says outright; I do think she reads a bit much into things, but I'd rather have someone doing that than not bothering to look at games critically at all. We need more people who are willing to really interrogate games on more than just a mechanical level.

13. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Wait, you think that's what journalists do? Y'know, in most countries the news anchor is a part of the news/editorial staff as well. Similarly, people who perform interviews for TV/video sites preferably wrote said questions themselves. You point exactly to the problem, people who do no journalistic work, male or female, but just rattle off questions like airheads. It's a waste of space that could be taken up by a real journalist

14. terebikun

terebikun Still Mildly Glowing

May 16, 2008
    Explain? I can't tell if you're being really subtle or what.

I'm faaaaaaaairly certain they've mentioned Poker is a playable game, as well as some game they made up where you have to collect the cards around the wasteland.

15. Briosafreak

Briosafreak Lived Through the Heat Death

Dec 18, 2003

16. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Poker was not mentioned as playable in-game. This description of the collector's edition playing card deck doesn't really mean anything.

17. SkuLL

SkuLL Chad McRealman Orderite

Sep 6, 2009
    I was secretly hoping you'd be able to play Tragic! :(

18. Gaspard

Gaspard Kasparov

May 7, 2009
    But Tragic's based off Magic, and that's not considered gambling : ((

19. Briosafreak

Briosafreak Lived Through the Heat Death

Dec 18, 2003
    Yeah, can't find confirmation about Poker, I'll try later.

20. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    I wouldn't be surprised if Caravan turned out to be a mutation of poker, though.