Fallout: Nuka Break fan film

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Remember the trailer? The full, 16-minute fan film is out now.

<center><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9UwlAAnlmg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></center>

2. overtake

overtake First time out of the vault

Apr 7, 2010
    Narration is not the same without Ron Perlman and "acting" was really bad. Nah.

3. CrzyFooL

CrzyFooL First time out of the vault

Oct 18, 2010
    Pretty good. Had a laugh or two. I like the whole idea behind Vault 10 and Twig's character. Should be cannon :P

4. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    It's amusing, and yeah, Vault 10 is not a bad idea. It gets a bit slapsticky and most of the jokes don't work but a good amateur effort.

5. warsaw

warsaw Still Mildly Glowing

Dec 1, 2008
    definitely impressed by the props and makeup work.

6. CloudlessDruid

CloudlessDruid Not a Soviet Droid Orderite

Oct 11, 2008
    hell yeah, amazing quality. Not really OMG FUNNY but a good idea as whole. I'd give a 8 to them :)

7. drawnacrol

drawnacrol It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 5, 2010
    This is actually pretty damn good, the scenery and costumes were done really well. Vault 10 experiment was better than most in the new games. Only real negative for me is they showed to many of the jokes in the film in the trailer a few months back.

8. Briosafreak

Briosafreak Lived Through the Heat Death

Dec 18, 2003
    Thumbs Up :ok:

9. HoboWithAGlock

HoboWithAGlock First time out of the vault

Aug 14, 2009
    Definitely didn't have a Fallout-like comedy style, but it wasn't horrible. The acting was meh and the comedy was average, but it was well done (for an indie movie like this).

I enjoyed it for what it was, but nothing more.

10. KING SHIT

KING SHIT It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 25, 2010
    It's alright if you don't take it too seriously. It had a pretty decent production value for a fan film, wasn't just a cheap camcorder thing. It has some big flaws in the lore but not as bad as I thought it would be.

11. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    From the credits: "Very special thanks to Chris Avellone for making sure our story made sense" - looks like they consulted MCA on it.

12. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    Not as bad as it could easily have been. Definitely better than most fan films. I liked the tidbits from the originals (like the NCR flag). And I imagine the Vault 10 bit is what comes from MCA, although I could easily be wrong. Could be they had ideas they scrapped because he said it just didn't work.

So, enjoyable overall.

13. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Well, it's more likely taken from New Vegas here than from the originals. I don't see any references to stuff from original games that isn't also in FNV.

14. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009
    Not as bad as I was expecting.

15. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    I think this is the first time in history where the trailer was actually way, way worse than the final product.

16. Paul_cz

Paul_cz Mildly Dipped

Jun 11, 2008
    wow, much better than I expected. Kind of want them to make more...maybe more serious in tone. Really great effort.

17. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    It's nicely done, really nicely. But there are no 1 & 2, references only 3 and NV. I'm having my doubts whether MCA really helped in making, or anything...

18. Korin

Korin So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    Loved the idea for Vault 10. It wasn't really "haha" funny but I chuckled at the very end when she screamed, lol.

19. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    First I thought it will be bullshit, but I watched it anyway. It was much better than I've expected.

20. grayx

grayx It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 3, 2008
    It's amateurish alright, but it's way better then previous clips I have seen. Actually, this is watchable to a degree. Great effort too.