Fallout: Nuka Break fan film

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Requete

Requete First time out of the vault

Aug 9, 2006
    Wanted to turn this off after two minutes, but fortunately got better later, nice costumes, VATS use, narrator voice, and Vault 10 experiment idea. For amateur and free flic it's good.

2. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Could the acting and editing be any more boring and stereotypical? Watched that whole thing now because I read that some of you liked it, but I find it horrible.

3. frosty_theaussie

frosty_theaussie Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 22, 2003
    Well that was fun.

4. Kindo

Kindo Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 26, 2003
    It's good enough. Not as disappointing as it looked in the trailer. I still think it's weak of them to resort to scantily-clad, fully made-up women, however. That's the opposite of the Wasteland look. Most people will simply look past it, or ignore it/miss it completely, but this kind of sexism will always bother me, no matter how low-budget or independent the production is. A convincing Wasteland appearance in all of the characters, and not just the men, would have been a sign of integrity that I could respect and praise them for.

5. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Indeed, but actually none of the actors really looked like wastelanders.

6. erlkaarik

erlkaarik First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2010
    Yeh. Some vaseline and glue and random straw in the hair would have been appropriate.
    But it was still very good.

7. Yellow

Yellow It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 23, 2007
    I loved the cinematography, mood and overall setting but I agree, the acting and blocking could have used some work. Also, the humor was less self-referential like the original Fallouts and more 'slapstick' like a previous commenter stated.

However, overall the production quality and effort were definitely there and apparent.

B+

8. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    After reading all the comments about how cool Vault 10 was I expected something better..

Overall, I find it fairly unremarkable. Which is better than awful, I guess.

9. Serge 13

Serge 13 Cranium Cat oTO Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    It sure is awesome for a fan movie.

Also, like everybody else said, Vault 10 was a neat idea!

10. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Definitely a little campy at times, but this was quite enjoyable. I'm always a supporter of amateur movie makers. Would be cool to see more from these people.

11. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Hey it was actually pretty good, it wasn't AWESUUUUUM SOZZZZZ but it was quite well done, and the characters were characters, I liked the Ghoul, and the story about the Vault was kinda weird for the enclave to make a vault full of overweight and lazy peopel but still amde sense in the lore, I was expecting it to be some stupidly done shit full of toilet humor and pop culture references (liek most webshows are nowadays) but I was very suprised.