Fallout props/costume for Comic-con -PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Fan Art/Fan Fiction' started by weaponx, Apr 16, 2010.

1. TychoXI

TychoXI Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 20, 2008
    I say just one shoulder pad

2. weaponx

weaponx First time out of the vault

Mar 27, 2010
    Yeah I just painted the shoulder pads but haven't made up my mind on whether I'll have 1 or 2 but I'll let you know. As of right now I'm trying to figure out a way to beef up my shoulder pads so they look more post apocolyptic.

3. weaponx

Mar 27, 2010
    Hey I've been busy lately but here is the most recent picture of my pipboy. I need to finish the screen but besides that the basics are done. I'll be molding these before the comic con if I have the time.

And also here are two gauges I got from some oxygen tanks. I'm thinking of using these for a flame thrower or shishkebab. I have a third one that actually is very old and has a thick glass front. It's cool what you find when you empty out your garage.

4. Member of Khans

Member of Khans Vault Dweller

Aug 26, 2004
  5. Paladintaco

Paladintaco First time out of the vault

May 19, 2010
    im yet to see a good wearable brotherhood armor

6. weaponx

Mar 27, 2010
    I've gotten many updates but since the comic con is this weekend I've had a hardtime pulling myself away from working. Hopefully, I'll get done in time but either way I'll put up pictures in a couple of days.

Just to keep tide you over here is the pipboy without almost all details added.

And here is my almost finished shirt. For now I'm going to skip adding the numbers since I'll be wearing a backpack the whole con. More pictures soon.

7. weaponx

Mar 27, 2010
    Alright here is the finished costume. I don't have a ton of pictures of myself but a lot of people took pictures of me so if I find them I'll definitely post them. I think it ended pretty good. It was about 85-90 degrees I think so I was sweating like crazy and took off all of the extras but it still looks good. I was happy to see people who didn't even play Fallout enjoyed my costume. Let me know what you think. And I'll post the pipboy I carried around early in the comiccon.

8. Verevoof

Verevoof Cryptid oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 12, 2009
    Looks good. :ok: It came out really nice.

Can you post a picture with all the extras? I want to see the finished Pip-boy. :)

9. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    The Vault Dweller gets the hot girls…nice ending. :mrgreen:

10. weaponx

Mar 27, 2010
    Yeah of coarse. I've been meaning to but have been so busy because the pipboy still needs to have some work doen and then molded so I can make copies for the interested parties. Give me a day and I'll put some up.

And .Pixote. shouldn't all Fallout games end similar to this? I always thought so. lol. You should have seen these girls in person. :shock:

11. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    They obviously needed some rescuing…any other pics of the ladies in question. :P

12. Dragula

Dragula Stormtrooper oTO Orderite

Nov 6, 2008
    Bleh, Suicide Girls.

13. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    The blond skank with the plateau boots is totally up my alley.

Women like that have metal parts in their bodies.

14. Verevoof

Verevoof Cryptid oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 12, 2009
    So, you're into cold steel reminiscent of robotic overlords?

15. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Awesome. Did you put some vacuum tubes into the Pipboy?

16. Rawden

Rawden First time out of the vault

Jun 19, 2010
    This is fantastic, man. Some true effort went in to this, with an awesome final product too.

17. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    Yeah, it's all very cool, but where are the pics of the finished PipBoy2000?

18. weaponx

Mar 27, 2010

Sadly, I had to rush the prototype so I couldn't add the tubes but I did find these small bulbs at walmart that will look great. Once I make the mold for the prototype I'll be wiring in lights and doing the final paint up. In the days since the comiccon I've been creating the stencils I'll use on the copies so each one will have a painted label and date instead of having them pasted on. Also, I'm reworking the screen because for the copies it needs to be flawless. Besides that it is pretty close to how it will end up.

Check out the photos and let me know what you think. I'll put more up once I start mold making. And just for fun, there are a few extra photos of the suicide girls.

19. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    That suicide girl looks like there is some stuff falling out soon. :>

20. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Those girls look rough and ready…just the way we like them…. :wink: