Fallout: Sonora, a new project by the developers of Fallout: Nevada

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Hassknecht, Nov 21, 2017.

1. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    I explained already... Sonora *have to* be dependant on original installation of Fallout2 to be considered a 'mod' instead of piracy. At least Sonora has to rely on Master.dat and Critter.dat from original Fallout2, Sonora can't come bundled with those files, they have to be separately inserted by the player from player's owned Fallout2. Ofcourse i mean original Fallout2 master and critter dats, not some fancy custom made, however Sonora still has to rely on original files from fallout2 which must not be shipped with Sonora.
    Come on.. Don't tell me You don't get it how intelectual property laws work.. It's quite obvious stuff for us folk west of the EU eastern border. So how come All You guys keep asking me what I'm babbling about?

2. Tony Maikel

Tony Maikel First time out of the vault

May 31, 2020
    Hi everyone, anyone knows a thing about the translation for english ?

I just downloaded the crappy translation here in the site, corrected some bugs of the game and played a lot, but got stuck in one mission, i think is the last one, im a kinda lost right now.

thinking now, i think the game still in ALPHA stage, correct ? Anyone knows something new about the game ?????

3. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    search for user: _Pyran_ while logged-in You'll be able to see his signature. in that signature there's a link to archive where Sonora Patches are. Last one present there is 1.05. since latest 1.06 is present only on russian torrents for now. The human made translation is in progress. You can find link to it's discord somwhere on the forum. Not much going on in there besides trolls showing off. the translation detailed discussion is either kept private or off server. the AI translation is only compatible with version 1.00 of the game, and the person feeding the AI with data made a lot of mistakes whlie copy pasteing the data, hence some lines are missing a.k.a "ERROR" lines, and radio walkie-talkie crashes the game to desktop because of the same reason. Games dialogs changed a bit from patch to patch so the early v1.00 AI translation someone linked somwhere on this forum is even less compatible. However some Russian guys are making a human made line by line translation based on latest patch, however nobody knows how much progress has been made, guys themselves keep quiet about it, so nobody knows nothing.

TL:DR
    Game itself is officially released, and patched, although only in original language of the mod "Russian". The rest of the world has to wait until proper translation is made.

4. Bester

Bester First time out of the vault

Mar 12, 2010
    Is there an easy way, e.g. a public platform, where I can chip in a few hours to help with the translation?

5. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
  6. garwert

garwert garwert

Nov 3, 2017
    Here's the latest update from the Translation team. More info, as always, on the Discord server: discord.gg/ECGgQeG

>>> After months of translation, the game still has much dialogue to present to us; but the progress is slowly and surely being made. Yet, it's not all about dialogue here. The voice acting -- however occasional it may be in those classic titles -- plays a role in the grand scheme of things, so we're thinking you might just enjoy this little intro cutscene we've got here.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2