Fallout: Sonora, a new project by the developers of Fallout: Nevada

So the good folks that made Fallout: Nevada announced a new Fallout TC.
poster_FS.jpg

Link to the thread: http://www.nuclear-city.com/index.php/topic/818-fallout-sonora-обсуждение/page-1

Dev's response and announce, translated:
BlackDesigner said:
Due to BlackFlame's frivolity, I have to go online and explain the situation.

Yes, I'm developing Fallout: Sorona for a year so far. But I didn't quite had a time for press-release since a good visual base is required for that, which is left for last development stage (first goes scripting, writing, then graphics). News article is planned with poster and intro video, which are not quite ready yet.

Everything was revisioned. From weapon arsenal to cultural connotations. I had to do extensive research job - watch hundreds of old Hollywood films, study kilometers long worth of articles about America and Mexico, analyze other games of similar genres. The whole scripting-macro mechanics is redone, (the engine part is untouched, of course) all prefabs are redone, balance is drastically changed many more. And this is a completely different project than Nevada, don't even mention it.

Some of it you already know. The map is located to the right and bottom of F1 map, a bit on the edge of crossing (the region is chosen due to the story theme). Biggest city is named Phoenix. Tucson is also present (named Two Sun), with a crazy faction of tinsmiths. Rangers who established a bastion at Parker Dam - one of the central faction of the story. There are 11 big and 5 smaller locations planned (and almost all of them are tied to the main storyline). The project is aimed for roleplaying and storytelling, like all of you love. I won't tell anything regarding the story because it's too easy to spoil.

What about music, I warned Anton that I'm intended to use Fallout OST only. But if this person really wants to grow professionally, then be my guest to research do his best. I only need advisers/consultants/observers, and later - correctors and playtesters.

For now: a couple of screenshots showing off new architecture and loot. As you can see, the interface is also reworked.

P.S.: I'm really sorry for not responding in discussions (here and at VK) but the feedback is too distractive from my own business, besides I don't have that much of a free time. Every hour lost in talking could lead to a new script, dialog or graphics asset for the future game. Due to personal circumstances I already lost 4 months, although I could've been in time for Fallout 20th anniversary. Now the timing is very uncertain.
http://polariton.ad-l.ink/7YkXTyJXZ/thumb.png
http://meson.ad-l.ink/74xMmWVhL/thumb.png

About HRP and sfall integration - "Let the others to do it. My aim is to make a project, fill it with content, writing and gameplay. I don't have time for other things."
And some other screenshots.
P-iPh-B5eCc.jpg

WdJYoQh1t6c.jpg

Time to learn Russian, I guess.

Thanks to @0wing for the newsblurb (yes, most of this post was copy/paste from him, so really, all thanks to him).

Last edited:
probably because the southern regions are supposed to feel foreign to the player as the main character comes from the north. english is substituted with russian and spanish remains spanish. something similiar was done in original war

Fallout: Sonora Art :)
i like that cool-badassery touch like in the first fallout

probably because the southern regions are supposed to feel foreign to the player as the main character comes from the north. english is substituted with russian and spanish remains spanish.
What? That doesn't make any sense. What if the player IS Russian?

What? That doesn't make any sense. What if the player IS Russian?
A developer from Russia, and speak Russian. When you have such a game will make, the NPC will speak English :wiggle:
There's not much Spanish, you don't have to worry)))

Maybe I should rephrase my question like this... If they have the language skills to write dialogue in Spanish, why don't they make it English by default, instead of Russian, so that it wouldn't require translation?

Throwing in a random spanish word here and there hardly counts as "having the language skills", camarada.

Yeah, mixing a few words into your native language doesn't take a lot of finesse with the language. Writing half the game in Spanish probably would. I know you're not mistaken when it comes to why it's half Spanish but your comments made me think of something. Games are translated to your native language so you understand the characters until they run into a language that isn't "common" to you (as a general basis). The base language should always be your native one so you understand the words and the foreign aspects made foreign to you unless you know other languages.

My question is, does anyone think the idea of this being translated for a Spanish speaker would create a different experience?

My point is that if the idea that the people in the southern parts of the game speak the language that would be spoken there and your game is made in Spanish because that's what you speak it kinda takes away from the moments that you run into Spanish speakers in the game because everyone is just speaking the language already in game. Just some food for thought.

Part of the game takes place in Mexico
I have a question about this picture: is this an accurate representation of the map’s size, more or less?

Also, I see that the Sonoran desert doesn’t end that far from San Diego. Is there a chance that we’ll see Dayglow/The Glow in this game? Are there any plans for returning locations from other games (even Nevada,) or is it all new?

@Squadcar
Use precise idioms and dialects, but for that you really need to know that language and area or even better be from there and/or study the region intensively (and no, Movies and stereotypes don't count as studying).
Or have a linguistic diploma for the all around grasp of a language family. But even then you need to study the more precise region, or everyone from there can tell you that while you utilise the regional language, you still don't grasp the local idioms, styles and uniqueness (And yes, that goes for speaking AND writing, even if writing has quite some leeway sometimes

My question is, does anyone think the idea of this being translated for a Spanish speaker would create a different experience?
I guess one way of looking at it, is that character is bilingual and decides to translate in his mind all the English into Spanish when he hears/reads it. :rofl:

I have a question about this picture: is this an accurate representation of the map’s size, more or less?
Also, I see that the Sonoran desert doesn’t end that far from San Diego. Is there a chance that we’ll see Dayglow/The Glow in this game? Are there any plans for returning locations from other games (even Nevada,) or is it all new?
No detailed details. Just to say that there will be a Phoenix and Tucson.

Peculiar properties:

• Brand new plot
  • New world map (11 large and 5 small points on the world map)
  • The game is based on the story and the role play
  • High degree of authenticity of locations

I guess one way of looking at it, is that character is bilingual and decides to translate in his mind all the English into Spanish when he hears/reads it. :rofl:
Lmao, I guess that works. Just a thought I had while reading this thread though. Something I never really considered and could vastly change a player's experience in my opinion.

It took ages to translate Nevada, and as far as I an aware, it isn't even finished yet... so I wouldn't think much about this ones translation yet. :>

Speculations afoot.

F:Sonora is somewhere around 60-70% finished and won't be out up until first half of 2018. Possibly Q3 or Q4, but not earlier. Don't forget extensive patching the first several months after release. And english translation will consume alot of time.

It's 2019 how are things going?

wouldn't count on it until at least the third quarter of 2019, big fanmade mods always tend to underestimate ;)

Back